Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Any authors in the house

I had a major break through last week with my children's series that I've been working on for the past two years...It was a pinnacle moment in my life and I can only compare it to the feeling of "falling in love"!
    My hopes are high and my adrenaline is pumping...but having a hard time finding an agent as I am brand new to the industry. Literary agents like to see previously published works and other than a small, independent publishing company that took an interest last year, I have yet to be published. It's exciting, exhilarating and frustrating all at the same time. I am only sending out a "query" to those that I feel have my work and best interest at heart, as I love and believe in this series with all of my being! So...that's all, just wanted to take a break from my roller-coaster ride and come on here to look at adorable, squeezable bullies and relax a bit. Thanks for reading my vent

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Any authors in the house

congrats on your breakthrough! how exciting. my husband works for an academic publisher and he always (to the chagrin of his employer) says you'd be better off self-publishing and hitting the road with copies of your books its not that expensive and you keep all the money. best of luck

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations!!!

I have always wanted to be an illustrator on children's books… and I LOVE to read!!! Yes even Children's books… I have a stairwell library shelf, and I keep all my kids books there as well… LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Congrats. Writing is not my cup of tea but my daughter has had some of her poetry published. Heck I didn't even start reading anything other than RD or SI for pleasure until my mid 30's.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Remove Ads