Working from Home

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm working at home today and I know some of you work from home daily. You have my respect for having self-control because I have spent most of the morning kissing these dogs :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! Work it!!!! :yes:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HAHAHA! That's exactly why I could never work from home. You've got it double hard though.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
What self control? I've been doing it for just over a year now (since we got Blue), and I think I'm done. The need to go back to the office, at least part time, is overwhelming because I'm not as productive. Plus, I miss getting dressed up and seeing people.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I did it for 2 1/2 yrs and it was hard. Brutus wanted to play and I wanted to play with him. I finally gave up and came back to the office.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do make it hard to concentrate on work. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I wouldn't know but i'd love to give it a try! Would never happen though in my field.

Jennie, you're gonna have to practice some self-control...must be tough though!!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I work from home not that I work everyday but when I am in the office Ftse sits down beside my chair and we often stop work and play and have little talks and when he is in his deep sleep snoring I just have to keep looking at him smiling how beautiful he is and how lucky I am his mummy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have been working at home for over 8 years now and while I do miss the office from time to time I hope to never have to work in one daily ever again. Harlea and I have a daily routine that we go through.

0730 take her out from breakfast to go potty and she gets her vitamin and morning kefir.

0800 I start work and go to my desk. Harlea gives me a kiss and goes back to chewing on her bone.

0830 Harlea will come up under my desk to say hi and the look out the window for about 30 minutes or so to people and bird watch.

0900 Harpea visits me again and I give her a head scratch and belly rub for a few minutes while I am on a call.

0915 to Noon Harlea heads back to the living room to take a nap and watch Animal Planet. She loves Dogs 101 and Tanked. Or she will plop down in her play pen next to my desk and nap.

Noon to 1300 is my lunch break and I take Harlea out for potty and then we take a short nap together.

1300 to 1500 Harlea plays with all of her toys and visits me off and on for head scratches and belly rubs.

1500 to 1600 is nap time again until mom gets home if she went to work.

1700 I get off of work and play with her a bit before dinner time.

Rinse and repeat the next day. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Harlea is awesome when I am working. She has learned that she needs to be quiet when daddy is on the phone... lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'll do an occasional day at home, but it is brutal.... Banks wants to play Nd Cheli wants to be on my lap,
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]. Todd.... You got it down!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'll do an occasional day at home, but it is brutal.... Banks wants to play Nd Cheli wants to be on my lap,
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]. Todd.... You got it down!

Surprisingly it didn't take her too long to get used to it. There are some variations from time to time but that most of the time we stick to the schedule.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have been working at home for over 8 years now and while I do miss the office from time to time I hope to never have to work in one daily ever again. Harlea and I have a daily routine that we go through.

0730 take her out from breakfast to go potty and she gets her vitamin and morning kefir.

0800 I start work and go to my desk. Harlea gives me a kiss and goes back to chewing on her bone.

0830 Harlea will come up under my desk to say hi and the look out the window for about 30 minutes or so to people and bird watch.

0900 Harpea visits me again and I give her a head scratch and belly rub for a few minutes while I am on a call.

0915 to Noon Harlea heads back to the living room to take a nap and watch Animal Planet. She loves Dogs 101 and Tanked. Or she will plop down in her play pen next to my desk and nap.

Noon to 1300 is my lunch break and I take Harlea out for potty and then we take a short nap together.

1300 to 1500 Harlea plays with all of her toys and visits me off and on for head scratches and belly rubs.

1500 to 1600 is nap time again until mom gets home if she went to work.

1700 I get off of work and play with her a bit before dinner time.

Rinse and repeat the next day. I wouldn't give it up for the world. Harlea is awesome when I am working. She has learned that she needs to be quiet when daddy is on the phone... lol

You two have got a good schedule going on there! Ruthie napped the day away and brutus looks out the window all day. It was me and my no self-control that kept bothering them. I got a lot of housework done too. Note...I have a TON of work to catch up on today LOL.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You two have got a good schedule going on there! Ruthie napped the day away and brutus looks out the window all day. It was me and my no self-control that kept bothering them. I got a lot of housework done too. Note...I have a TON of work to catch up on today LOL.

We try. I think if Harlea had come when I first started working from home things would be much different as I wouldn't have had my routine yet.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.