hard day

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
so im having carpal tunnel surgery on Monday, seems like a big deal to me im in a lot of pain. its a non issue now that today I found out my husband has to have open heart surgery as soon as possible. He has a large hole in his heart. He hasn't been feeling well like dizzy and tired, so he has been getting a lot of tests. We knew there was some heart problem because we were referred to a cardiologist, but the dr didn't hesitate at all to say this is what needs to be done. Scary.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
wow, that is such unexpected news. Thank God they found out what was wrong with your husband and the cardiologist is confident. YOu and your husband are in good hands.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
You're right, dear Colleen, what a hard day and a difficult time for both of you.

I will keep both of you in my thoughts & prayers and may you feel the presence
and peace of GOD thru out these days.

Please keep us informed~GOD bless!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:assurred: Colleen, I'm so sorry you have so much heaviness on your plate right now. I'm so glad your husband's dr. detected the heart problem so he can get well again. Wishing you and your hubby successful surgeries. You both are in my prayers.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG! Im so sorry that you're both going through this. I'm happy you're husband went and found out what's wrong and pray that everything works out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am so sorry... Sending prayers to you & your family. Please keep us posted!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:sorry::angelheart:Hi Colleen, I'm so sorry you are both dealing with pain and not feeling well. I agree with everyone that it's a good thing that your husbands Cardiologist was able to diagnose what was causing him to not feel well, and that he is now going to get the surgery he needs to repair his heart. You are both in excellent hands, and the surgeries will heal you both. Anytime we gave surgery or illness, we feel scared, and that is natural, but Drs can perform miracles today, and we are so fortunate to live where we have access to hospitals and great surgeons. My mom just had a scare with cancer, and she had a total hysterectomy last week, it turned out to be no cancer or disease, but a benign growth, so I understand facing surgery and being scared. I wish you both the best, and a a successful surgery with a quick and easy recovery. You are in our thoughts. Sending you both love, hugs and prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:grouphug: echos of the above posts, so glad they found out quickly and sending prayers for you both. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh gosh Colleen!! So thankful though that your hubby went to the doc. When is his surgery going to be? That's so scary. So so glad though that they'll be able to repair the hole. Carpal tunnel hurts too. I have a mile case of it in my right wrist but it only affects when every now and then. It's very painful. Will you be putting off your surgery for a bit? Will be thinking your hubby and you. Prayers to both!!!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh my I am so sorry , sending prayers for you .

OP
cbh142

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Thank u to everyone for your support. :hug: This is not something we want to put all over facebook or anything so it's nice to have a place to vent. The dr wants to do the surgery as soon as possible. He said my hubby could have a stroke at any moment if a blood clot were to form and go to his brain. Everything I see online says his situation is pretty much the worst type of hole in the heart you can have. It's too large for a more simple procedure. The direction of his blood flow is dangerous too. The good news is once this is done it will be FIXED. He will not have to take medicine his whole life or have any physical restrictions once everything heals. the doc said he can lift weights, swim, run, whatever. he also said he will feel better than ever now that his blood will have the proper oxygen levels. my mother work on the cardiology floor as a nurse for a lot of years and she said it's amazing he made it through the marines and everything without this condition ever being discovered. the doc said this usually comes up earlier in life. its a procedure that is more commonly performed on children. as far as my surgery goes, i am still having it on Monday. It's a simple procedure now, 1/4 inch incision. I am off work right now because the pain is so bad that it keeps me up a lot at night, and i cant function through the day. I'm scheduled to go back to work on the 13th. it might be a blessing in disguise if they are able to get him in next tues/wed like we talked about yesterday. I'll be off work so i can be there the whole time.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I pray they can get him in next week and get it done. It is a blessing that you will be able to be there and have the time off and I hope you're surgery goes well. I know quite a few people that have had that surgery done the you're going to have and they feel much much better now. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I'm so sorry to hear :( life is so unpredictable but I truly believe that god will not give you anything that he doesn't feel like you won't be able to handle. And he'll have you by his side to keep him strong. And lots and lots of prays from everyone here!!! Stay strong and keep your head held high. *big hug*

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Goodness, i'm so sorry to hear this. Praying all goes well and very smoothly for you both!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online