Fibromyalgia

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have fibro. Anyone else? Need someone who gets it to help me.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't have it, but I have friends that doā€¦ it's very heartbreaking. I'm so sorry that you are dealing w/this :(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My husband suffers from
It-its awful ;-( feel free to pm
Me xx

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Thank you both. I will message you soon. I appreciate the offer.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Roseann, I'm a newly diagnosed Fibromyalgic, so I'm in the same boat as you. I don't know a whole lot about it, other than it makes you tired and very sore. I'm learning as I go along, and from my Rheumatologist, so I will be following this thread to see if anybody else suffers from it, and how they treat it. I'm sure some other members who have experience with this will come along soon to offer help and advice. I'm so sorry you are suffering with this. I know TexasCarol knows a lot about Fibromyalgia, and I see someone has already tagged her for you, she is very knowledgable, and very caring, and a real sweetheart, she will give you lots of advice.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I do, I am currently taking Cymbalta, and currently have had an ankle that is 3 the size it should be for almost 3 weeks now. No one gets the pain we endure, not even my husband, I think he thinks I make it up. Although he has seen my "kankle" for the last 3 weeks, I swear for the last 3 weeks, I go to work, come home and sit with ice packs on nightly. I am so tired all the time, no matter how much sleep I get, and depressed. It sux, and makes me SO mad!! Joe keeps telling me "there has to be something to get your ankle down" WTH?? I live with pain daily and sometimes so painful on a scale of 1-10 I am a ten, I was nauseated last week I was in so much pain. So I do understand :assurred:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My dear friend...so very sorry hearing you have FM, the good news...it won't kill
you...the bad news...it'll make you wish it would! More good news...it is finally being
taken more seriously and is being studied and there are finally, a couple of drugs to
help. Do you have a good Primary doctor and/or a FM knowledgeable Rhematologist?

I have Lupus, which WILL kill you and Sjogren's, another auto immune disease, that
can kill and both cause pain and fatigue but my FM, at times, causes the worst pain.
One of the best things I've done is go grain free, sugar free and try to avoid fast foods
and processed foods, no sodas, no sugar supplements, etc. It takes awhile to get it and
do it but finally, when you're suffering enough, you will. Also...learning to pace yourself
(NOT overdoing on good days) and avoiding stress, helps immensely.

I was a very hard living, fly by the seat of my pants, eat stress for breakfast, type A person.
Burnt the candle at both ends all my life, ran companies and partied all night, every night.
Thrived on danger (one hobby was racing cars running on nitro fuel~Funny cars), looked
for thrills and excitement (don't bore me!) and just was full throttle on...all the time...LOVED
my life and being me ;) It's taken me years to accept, adjust and just be, omg, I fought it so
hard but it did nothing but, of course, make everything worse. I understood, for the first time,
WHY people considered and committed, suicide. FM destroyed my life, took my health, my career,
my beauty, my very soul. It bankrupted myself and my Hubby and took our savings, it left nothing.
I was 42 when it hit and completely disabled by 48, now am 59. I was bedridden for a couple of years,
hearing doctors say lots of nonsense, throw tons of drugs at me, some with terrible side effects and
trusting they knew what they were doing and the horrible drugs would bring relief...Nope.

I was dying...slowly and in the most awful way. My only child, my son, had just started school and I
could not be a effective mother to him or a wife to my most wonderful husband or a productive citizen.
I was nothing but a burden, to myself and everyone. I hated it all and wished to die.

So, I understand.

I will PM my information and will help you. Also, I will pray for you. There are various stages and degrees
of FM, hopefully you have a milder case and can manage it, may GOD bless you with remission...it happens!
My case is severe and complicated and made worse by all my other diseases.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.