Allergies

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
So I'm pretty much allergic to a pretty good amount of things, feel like I got the short stick but today I had an allergic reaction at work and had to be sent home early, so frustrating. It's bad enough I have to read the labels on everything and now I have to get another allergy test to figure out what caused this :(

I hate to complain but just frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
That sucks. But you're not alone. I'm allergic to dust, yep dust. It's very embarrassing being in someone's home and having a reaction. My eyes start to water and it looks like I'm crying, then my nose starts to run. How do you tell someone their home is causing your allergies.. I always need to make up an excuse so I won't insult the host, and then I deal with it the next few hours.

It's become so bad that I won't go to anyone's home unless we know each other very well. At least my friends laugh about it. They know when I start to "cry", it's time for a thorough cleaning!

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Oh goodness. That's not good. But at least with your friends they make a good laugh about it, and hey honesty is the best policy lol :) and your house must be impeccable

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry ;-( but look on the bright side -you get to spend a day with your fur baby and relax -best medicine xxx

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh goodness. That's not good. But at least with your friends they make a good laugh about it, and hey honesty is the best policy lol :) and your house must be impeccable

It's impossible to keep my place dust free. But because I dust everyday, it's bearable.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Im so sorry ;-( but look on the bright side -you get to spend a day with your fur baby and relax -best medicine xxx

That is true!! Hahha he was freaking out when I got home so early haha but thank you!!!
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] I know it's because you have to but ugh dusting :/ no patients.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry, and I feel your pain… I started allergy testing a couple of years ago and I'm allergic to everything environmental!!! I started getting shots 3 times a week for a year, and now I'm down to once a month. It really helps keep my allergies at bay, I also carry an epipen in case of a severe reaction. Thank God I've never had to use it, but just in case… Is your's food related or environmental?

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
That's good you are getting shots! I couldn't imagine being allergic environmental. I love the outside. But yes! Thankfully no use for the epiPen. But I have food allergies and certain deodorants, detergents, cleaners and now whatever else because of what happened at work.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
That's good you are getting shots! I couldn't imagine being allergic environmental. I love the outside. But yes! Thankfully no use for the epiPen. But I have food allergies and certain deodorants, detergents, cleaners and now whatever else because of what happened at work.

Oh I forgot to add fragrances so that nixes all perfumes, cleaners, candles… that sort of thing. Thankfully there are a lot of fragrance free items on the market now. I just use natural cleaners like vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda. It is a pain though… sigh!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am in the same boat. I am allergic to a ton of things including Harlea. I have been getting 3 shots a week for almost 2 years now and I have another year to go before I get to drop down to every other week and then another year and I will drop to once a month. As with [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I get to carry an EpiPen around like the cool kids.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh my that would be just awful ... I hope they figure out soon what is causing the new trouble .

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am in the same boat. I am allergic to a ton of things including Harlea. I have been getting 3 shots a week for almost 2 years now and I have another year to go before I get to drop down to every other week and then another year and I will drop to once a month. As with [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I get to carry an EpiPen around like the cool kids.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

WOW you must be really bad Todd... The tree pollen had started here so I'm already miserable... Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
WOW you must be really bad Todd... The tree pollen had started here so I'm already miserable... Ugh!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes and no. I have good days and bad days. Her lately more bad than good though as the changing of the seasons is always hard to deal with for a few weeks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.