Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Or have a bloody courage to drive them to the shelter ;-( its the least they could do! -bast%%ds

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You know my hubby said they should have a register for people that DUMP their dogs, let all the shelters, vets, and breeders know their names. And NOT allow them to get NEW dogs… Come on, you can at least try to find your dog a good home!!!

That's actually a great idea. Having some kind of database for all licensed and registered dogs. A paw print or something along those lines. So if a dog gets lost (or dumped), you can always trace it back to it's owner. Provided of course they've been to the vet at least once.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
That database idea is very goid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
You said it all in the title..People Suck! I hate to feel so cynical but it's true..like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] said too they will use you for what they can and then you never hear from them..most are out for themselves ..some just hide it better than others. You did the right thing Tracey and there's no doubt a out that.anybody who criticizes you is an AHole!
Last summer early one Sunday morning a small dog was in the road and I pulled over..it was a shih-tzu and soaking wet. I couldn't just leave it so I took it home. I took pictures and went back to the area and posted signs all over Found Dog. I posted on FB and people,shared. I kept him separated from chum because it didn't know if it had any diseases that may be contagious...That night I took him to a no kill shelter here, which I hated to do. At 10 pm I got a call from a Guy who saw the picture and said it was his. I told him where the dog was and he acted annoyed I didn't hold onto him longer. I told him I couldn't keep him with my dog and was going away the next day so it had to be dealt with today. Here I am explaining my actions and feeling guilty...my wife reminded me that I was the one who stopped to take a soaking wet and visibly shaking dog out of danger and to my house. The jerk who let him get away probably got her back and didn't feel any guilt that he put his own dog in danger by not watching him in the first place. So,yes I agree with you Tracey..people suck.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You know you did the right thing. Who gives a s@#! what anyone else thinks? Why should you hinder your future pet plans because people can't take care of their own? As far as that ignorant fool, I found turning 40 a beautiful thing cuz I no longer care what anyone thinks. Next time just tell her to kiss A$$. You are a beautiful person inside and out and eff anyone who thinks differently.

Cool, I'm almost 40!!!

I agree no matter what you do there is no escaping those who want to try to tell you how to do things. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You said it all in the title..People Suck! I hate to feel so cynical but it's true..like @Manydogs said too they will use you for what they can and then you never hear from them..most are out for themselves ..some just hide it better than others. You did the right thing Tracey and there's no doubt a out that.anybody who criticizes you is an AHole!
Last summer early one Sunday morning a small dog was in the road and I pulled over..it was a shih-tzu and soaking wet. I couldn't just leave it so I took it home. I took pictures and went back to the area and posted signs all over Found Dog. I posted on FB and people,shared. I kept him separated from chum because it didn't know if it had any diseases that may be contagious...That night I took him to a no kill shelter here, which I hated to do. At 10 pm I got a call from a Guy who saw the picture and said it was his. I told him where the dog was and he acted annoyed I didn't hold onto him longer. I told him I couldn't keep him with my dog and was going away the next day so it had to be dealt with today. Here I am explaining my actions and feeling guilty...my wife reminded me that I was the one who stopped to take a soaking wet and visibly shaking dog out of danger and to my house. The jerk who let him get away probably got her back and didn't feel any guilt that he put his own dog in danger by not watching him in the first place. So,yes I agree with you Tracey..people suck.

Jim, I agree… that was the reason I didn't take the boxer to animal control because I figured that since she HAD a collar that her owners would look for her. I didn't want them to have to pay a fee, but honestly why should I give a $#it at this point!!! It's NOT like they are going to reimburse me for the food that I got for the dog, or all my time that I have spent putting notices all over the internet. I can't believe that guy was upset at you for taking that dog to a shelter… WTH is wrong w/people?!! :madchair:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
People do suck. I stopped caring what other people thought or said about me long before I was 40. Even with my MIL whom I wasn't even on speaking terms with the first 17 years I was married. I am too old and too fat to worry about that kind of stuff anymore.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
People do suck. I stopped caring what other people thought or said about me long before I was 40. Even with my MIL whom I wasn't even on speaking terms with the first 17 years I was married. I am too old and too fat to worry about that kind of stuff anymore.

It's getting worse the older I get… I like animals, kids (little ones, NOT teens… LMAO) and the elderly. Everyone else can piss off… LOL Oh and of course my EBN FAMILY!!! :p

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am going to be that crotchety old man with a cane sitting on my front porch telling people to get off my lawn when I grow up.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
This is a sign I keep over my bookcase. [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I think you both need the same one!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to be that crotchety old man with a cane sitting on my front porch telling people to get off my lawn when I grow up.

:grumpadeluxe: :giggle:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You know my hubby said they should have a register for people that DUMP their dogs, let all the shelters, vets, and breeders know their names. And NOT allow them to get NEW dogs… Come on, you can at least try to find your dog a good home!!!
@ddnene Did you see ch. 2 news last night. They showed some poor tortured little dogs. One of the politicians (didn't catch his name) is trying to make a law-in Tn. to have a animal cruelty list for "offenders" that will be sent to all the counties. If they are caught for a 2nd offense-there will be consequences-like jail time-or ?
At least it's an itty bitty start for Tn. The sheriff, in "my" county really hates animal cruelty, and he is the first one. Of course the "people" hate him!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene Did you see ch. 2 news last night. They showed some poor tortured little dogs. One of the politicians (didn't catch his name) is trying to make a law-in Tn. to have a animal cruelty list for "offenders" that will be sent to all the counties. If they are caught for a 2nd offense-there will be consequences-like jail time-or ?
At least it's an itty bitty start for Tn. The sheriff, in "my" county really hates animal cruelty, and he is the first one. Of course the "people" hate him!!!

I didn't see that on the news Lynn, I did see the "rescue" in Portland that found these ladies were hoarding dogs in their basement. Dogs in crates stacked on top of each other, little food or water… That would be awesome if that law was passed!!! Keeping my fingers crossed...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.