ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Most of you that follow me on FB have seen that in the last 2 weeks I have had 2 strays show up at my door…

The first one I took to the local animal shelter because I have an acquaintance that works there (and I trust him) and I was worried that she had worms or other parasites. I knew they would test here there, and I was promised that she would find a home. I posted her info ALL over FB, and nobody called for her at all… Well she did have worms, but they are sending her on the "puppy train" up north to NO-KILL shelter that is looking for puppies!!! So I'm glad she will get out of this town :yes:

The second one LOOKS like a boxer to me… and she is VERY clean, plus she had a collar. She gets along OK w/Roxie so we kept her at the house and I posted her all over FB once again. I have had over 92 shares on her, AND I've had several people express interest in keeping her. Hmmm… her pic looks great, even though she is so skinny :( It makes me sad that NOBODY wanted to adopt the mutt, but they are all over the boxer. I had a lady rip into me about taking the first dog to animal control, she told me it was good as just killing the dog!!! REALLY LADY?!! I've called my friend 4 times to see what her status was… I'm sure that if we hadn't done anything NOBODY in this town would of tried to get these dogs off the streets.

I would of kept these babies, but our HOA is very strict about a 2 dog limit. We were pushing the gun w/a boxer & two bullies. BUT the bullies weren't outside as much so we basically got away w/that one… LOL We want to get another bully at some point.

It's getting to the point where I HATE people… you get judged NO MATTER what you do!!! :stinkeye:

1779705_10152161268463548_966867080_n.jpg 1898154_10152178223498548_530150617_n.jpg

Attachments

• 221DEF58.jpg
    221DEF58.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 128

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You go sister.... right there with you! People just continually disappoint and are so judgemental befoer they even have a clue of what might be going on - just jump to a conculsion and think they know it all.

These poor babies were probably some idiot trying to make money and realized they were going to and dumped the pups.

:angry: :cursing:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I really wish there were stricter laws and regulations in regards to animals. Where owners would be held much more accountable so **** like this wouldn't happen.

But yeah, people jump the gun all the time. Very few actually ask questions, and try to get the entire picture before forming an opinion. Try not to take it too personally. Her post is very typical of ignorance at it's best.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I really wish there were stricter laws and regulations in regards to animals. Where owners would be held much more accountable so **** like this wouldn't happen.

But yeah, people jump the gun all the time. Very few actually ask questions, and try to get the entire picture before forming an opinion. Try not to take it too personally. Her post is very typical of ignorance at it's best.

I know… and I ripped into her about it, but of course she didn't respond!!! The kicker is that I found out she works for a cat rescue here in town… :blink: Animal Control here is down to 10% dog euthanasia rate. If they can get below that they can be classified as a NO-KILL shelter and Willie told me that is the goal. Good grief, they are trying to turn this around...

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
You know you did the right thing. Who gives a s@#! what anyone else thinks? Why should you hinder your future pet plans because people can't take care of their own? As far as that ignorant fool, I found turning 40 a beautiful thing cuz I no longer care what anyone thinks. Next time just tell her to kiss A$$. You are a beautiful person inside and out and eff anyone who thinks differently.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You know you did the right thing. Who gives a s@#! what anyone else thinks? Why should you hinder your future pet plans because people can't take care of their own? As far as that ignorant fool, I found turning 40 a beautiful thing cuz I no longer care what anyone thinks. Next time just tell her to kiss A$$. You are a beautiful person inside and out and eff anyone who thinks differently.

AMEN!!!!!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley

VERY well said!!! and you go tracey you tell um!!!!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem

Well said!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tracey, I totally agree with you, and everyone else who has posted. I have had ALL kinds of animals all my married life(and still) and had lots of "buddies". They would call me day and night to help doctor, or ask about "what can we do' questions. That way they didn't have to spend $ on a vet.I, like a fool, would drop everything and run to help. Well, as each one got burned out on care, and "got rid" of their animals-no longer did I hear from them. I got used and used up and it hurt very much. The VERY few times I EVER asked for help-I got excuses why they couldn't help. Once my husband passed away, I have just stayed alone because I don't trust anyone. It seems people just want what they can get from you-and dump you. Does anyone really think they are going to be kind to animals, if they can't get anything of value.They just DUMP them! People are like vultures waiting for you to say something they can swoop on. I never could figure people out. I don't know HOW to play their games, and don't want to. I must say that EBN has restored my faith in the fact that there ARE still good people in the world. If I lived near ALL of you "guys" I might have some trusted friends!! Here I go "ranting" again!!:hissy::awwwwman:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Aww Thank You Rosalie!!! :hug: You made me crack up laughing… LOL I DON'T care what anybody thinks about me, it's just irritating that people say whatever they want on the internet. I bet she wouldn't have had the guts to say it to my face :bat: It just sucks… I have had a HORRID year, I can't keep my own pets around and now I'm saving strays left and right :gloom:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh my God!!! The pup in second pic is just adorable (first one too) -how people can do that!!!!
Saying that Shy my deaf puppy was found at 6-7 weeks walking on the streets ;-(
People are worse than animals!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey, I totally agree with you, and everyone else who has posted. I have had ALL kinds of animals all my married life(and still) and had lots of "buddies". They would call me day and night to help doctor, or ask about "what can we do' questions. That way they didn't have to spend $ on a vet.I, like a fool, would drop everything and run to help. Well, as each one got burned out on care, and "got rid" of their animals-no longer did I hear from them. I got used and used up and it hurt very much. The VERY few times I EVER asked for help-I got excuses why they couldn't help. Once my husband passed away, I have just stayed alone because I don't trust anyone. It seems people just want what they can get from you-and dump you. Does anyone really think they are going to be kind to animals, if they can't get anything of value.They just DUMP them! People are like vultures waiting for you to say something they can swoop on. I never could figure people out. I don't know HOW to play their games, and don't want to. I must say that EBN has restored my faith in the fact that there ARE still good people in the world. If I lived near ALL of you "guys" I might have some trusted friends!! Here I go "ranting" again!!:hissy::awwwwman:

Lynn, I'm so sorry that you have been used and abused… it's happened to me too. Sometimes trying to be kind & helpful can be a double-edges sword. I don't trust a lot of people either, and it's a shame because I NEVER used to feel this way. I really wonder how people can sleep at night w/the way they treat others :( BUT I refuse to become like them. We do have some wonderful peeps here on EBN… :dance:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my God!!! The pup in second pic is just adorable (first one too) -how people can do that!!!!
Saying that Shy my deaf puppy was found at 6-7 weeks walking on the streets ;-(
People are worse than animals!!

I agree Pati… both of these girls are SUPER friendly to people. They HAD homes, but just got dumped or ran away… I've posted all over the place. Their families don't care :(

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I hope they will never be able to own any animals!!!
And someone recognise this pups and name and shame their owners

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope they will never be able to own any animals!!!
And someone recognise this pups and name and shame their owners

You know my hubby said they should have a register for people that DUMP their dogs, let all the shelters, vets, and breeders know their names. And NOT allow them to get NEW dogs… Come on, you can at least try to find your dog a good home!!!

Most Reactions