Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Here goes an "old person's" point of view: When my kids were little, and started school-of course it was hard to let them go-because they were "growing up". I waited with them for the school bus-off they went, and I knew they were safe-it was like the safest "babysitter" you could have! Even when they were in high school-they were safe!
I believe it all started way back with Dr. Spock. No, NOT Spock from Star Trek. It was a pediatric physician named Dr. Spock. He came up with theory's of child rearing. No spanking, reason with them, etc. etc. Well, as usual people carried things too far-and now there is no discipline, no family time, no dinner together, no family interaction. Violent video games, with murder,car theft,torture, the dead come back to life. Go watch TV kid, or play your games-I'm busy- parental attitude.Alot of parents don't know WHO their kids friends are , WHERE they are-nor do they seem to care! Teachers and schools are not allowed to discipline kids anymore-and parents can't be bothered. Now, I know there ARE many good parents left-who teach their children respect, and manners and right from wrong. Some involved in the "trouble" have been taught, but go astray because they can't stand up to their peers. Of course we very seldom hear about the good kids-THAT's not so "news worthy"/ and the media thrives on doom. I applaud all you GOOD parents who are doing the right thing and pray that your kids make it through school safely! I think if I had kids now,
(I might be afraid to have kids) or I would home school, out of fear. GOD Bless you parents of kids who live in this messed up world. So you have it-my rant for today-

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yeah it is crazy for sure. From my understanding and the talk around the neighborhoods is that there are other fights planned for the same area this weekend. Who in their right minds plans out crap like that? Sure we fought when I was growing up but nothing on this kind of scale. Heck there is a video of a fight that happened just the day befor where 5 or 6 kids jumped another kid.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
OH MY!!! that is terrible!!!! I am extremely happy your daughter is safe. And hopefully everybody is okay after this as well :(

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
That's just awful !!! Thank goodness your daughter is ok and I pray for the injured children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Baxter Tiberius

If a kid pulls out a gun in a school fight, and start shooting into the crowd of kids, the last thing I am going to think about is something about "too much wussification".

Clearly, in my mind at least, there's a much bigger problem, and a more accurate way to describe what caused that scenario.

Namely, kids having such easy access to firearms in the first place. Obviously.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Agree to disagree buddy.

I went to CFISD schools growing up, we never had things like this. It's feels like these kids don't take it as seriously as the rest of society, like it's no big deal? Huge brawls after school, shooting people and I'll probably never understand guys wearing skinny jeans....ha I'm getting old :unsure::p

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Here goes an "old person's" point of view: When my kids were little, and started school-of course it was hard to let them go-because they were "growing up". I waited with them for the school bus-off they went, and I knew they were safe-it was like the safest "babysitter" you could have! Even when they were in high school-they were safe!
I believe it all started way back with Dr. Spock. No, NOT Spock from Star Trek. It was a pediatric physician named Dr. Spock. He came up with theory's of child rearing. No spanking, reason with them, etc. etc. Well, as usual people carried things too far-and now there is no discipline, no family time, no dinner together, no family interaction. Violent video games, with murder,car theft,torture, the dead come back to life. Go watch TV kid, or play your games-I'm busy- parental attitude.Alot of parents don't know WHO their kids friends are , WHERE they are-nor do they seem to care! Teachers and schools are not allowed to discipline kids anymore-and parents can't be bothered. Now, I know there ARE many good parents left-who teach their children respect, and manners and right from wrong. Some involved in the "trouble" have been taught, but go astray because they can't stand up to their peers. Of course we very seldom hear about the good kids-THAT's not so "news worthy"/ and the media thrives on doom. I applaud all you GOOD parents who are doing the right thing and pray that your kids make it through school safely! I think if I had kids now,
(I might be afraid to have kids) or I would home school, out of fear. GOD Bless you parents of kids who live in this messed up world. So you have it-my rant for today-

I agree w/you Lynn… My Dad was "old school" and let me tell you, I was way MORE afraid of what he would do to me then anybody at the school… LOL I think most of the issues w/today's kids is instant gratification and entitlement. If they can't get their way then it's the "END OF THE WORLD" so they resort to violence and other means. They can't seem to cope w/disappointment & rules… plus they are left alone to figure things out for themselves, like you said a lot of parents don't want to be bothered w/parenting anymore. It's extremely difficult to be a parent these days… both of my kids are teens, and I worry about them constantly :(

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog

I agree with this. The 'wussifucation' of modern kids is starting to reAr it's ugly head.

Glad your daughter is safe. Smh...what is this world coming to?

Most Reactions