HELP!! looking for a new mattress..........

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Two years ago Joe and I made the mistake of buying a very expensive pillow top mattress, within 2 months we hated it, and put in on our guest bed, went back to using our old one. Today we went shopping for a new mattress, we need FIRM due to Joe's lower back problems. Anyone bought a mattress lately that they love?? We bought one today made by Stern and Foster, top of the line (they said) to be delivered next Friday, we paid a pretty penny for it, came home and looked at reviews, they were horrid!!!!!! Going tomorrow to cancel my order!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Have you tried something called the Sleep Number Bed? I hear ads about this bed on my radio station all the time and it just sounds really comfy. You can adjust the bed's firmness for your side and Joe can adjust his side as well. Then there's another mattress called the REM mattress. Again, something that is highly recommended here. I have not ever tried either of these mattresses myself but am curious about them. Something to look into perhaps, Kelly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a friend with the sleep number and they absolutely hate it... She said it is like sleeping on a fabric covered air mattress.

We we have one from ikea in our guest room and it I is awesome. Every time someone stays over they want to steal it from us.? Check them out

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have a friend with the sleep number and they absolutely hate it... She said it is like sleeping on a fabric covered air mattress.

We we have one from ikea in our guest room and it I is awesome. Every time someone stays over they want to steal it from us.? Check them out

I actually seen when I was reading reviews, that Ikea is right up in the top with reviews

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Now the Sleep Number mattress makes one with memory foam on the top.I don't know how they are but $. I have been dealing with back problems for 40 years(+RA). Had back surgeries. The only thing that has kept me going is my wonderful Chiropractor. I got a memory foam mattress. It was the mattress store brand-it is firm but very comfortable for me. The one I had before this was a "counting sheep" mattress.Serta or Sealy.? It felt like concrete was pushing against my bones. Nothing will stop the pain for me-but have slept much better since I got this "memory foam type" mattress.
I have seen the sleep number mattresses for sale on our local website(by people who bought them) so I am guessing there are others who were disappointed in them, too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

Yikes, those beds are pretty costly too!

I love Ikea but had no idea they even sold mattresses! i'll have to keep them in mind for next time.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Now the Sleep Number mattress makes one with memory foam on the top.I don't know how they are but $. I have been dealing with back problems for 40 years(+RA). Had back surgeries. The only thing that has kept me going is my wonderful Chiropractor. I got a memory foam mattress. It was the mattress store brand-it is firm but very comfortable for me. The one I had before this was a "counting sheep" mattress.Serta or Sealy.? It felt like concrete was pushing against my bones. Nothing will stop the pain for me-but have slept much better since I got this "memory foam type" mattress.
I have seen the sleep number mattresses for sale on our local website(by people who bought them) so I am guessing there are others who were disappointed in them, too.

Lucky for me I don't have back problems, I do have arthritis but it's in my feet and knees, all this talk and bad reviews on the Stern and Foster has stressed Joe out, he loved the mattress, so we are going ahead and getting it. I told him though in a year when this mattress goes to sh*t, we WILL do LOTS of research when we have to buy another one. This is our second expensive mattress in two year, I so hope this one holds up.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
We've had a stern & foster mattress for about seven years now (wow it's getting up there!) and love it. It's got a pillow top, so probably something way different than what you ordered. But maybe it will be good! I really think they're hit or miss. But I love my bed. :p

Good luck!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been through quite a few mattresses until I found one I could sleep on. I just would sell them-and then get a different one! Good luck with your new mattress! I hope it works for you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I actually seen when I was reading reviews, that Ikea is right up in the top with reviews

We did not get one with our new bedroom set and i regret it... our king size is good, but that Ikea mattress is just soooooooo comfortable.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I know that I told you this on FB Kelly, but we absolutely LOVE our Tempur-Pedic mattress. My husband has back/neck issues plus Gout… I have arthritis and bad knees… basically we are a mess!!! I've been looking at mattress reviews for months, and I've never heard a bad thing about the Tempur-Pedic. They are GOD awful expensive, I'm NOT going to lie about that… BUT they have a 20 year warranty. I LOVE my bed so much, that I hate to travel because I miss sleeping on my bed… LOL

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i hope you find the right match Kelly! I've been sleeping on the same mattress that I've had since I was 12, and my parents had it before then. I don't know the brand but it has lasted at least 30 years. Gonna have to buy a king next time tho, my husband doesnt get much room with Lola in big bed with us. We'll have to get one within a few years. We like soft mattress though.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I laughed out loud when I saw this thread! I just went thru mattress " hell"- here's the story. Went looking for the SOFTEST mattress made. I am a " mattress princess". Hate any firmness. Had a sleep number for 7 years- paid 4000 for it. At first it was great- hubby liked his side firm, I was sleeping on it in the 20's( firmness goes from 0- basically deflated to 100- like sleeping on a floor.) all was well til about year 3- started feeling like there was a valley in the middle of the bed, even if we balanced out the inflation. Plus, it is very cheaply made- base is plastic. Had to have repairs to it. Then the sleep controls went black- you could no longer read the numbers to see where you were. I don't recommend it at all. So, went and bought a very expensive sterns and foster ( Jaclyn) that felt soft in the store. Was WAY too firm once I really slept on it. Luckily, I bought it from Mattress Firm which allows returns within 100 days. If you are looking for firm, this might be the one for you. I traded off for a beauty rest recharge, which still was not soft enough. Again. They took it back after 2 weeks, and I did find the one I wanted in another store ( after doing Internet research which inshouldnhave done in the first place) Simmons beauty rest black series. Mattress firm refunded the full price ( they don't carry the blak series) and sleep king delivered it that same day. I love it!! So, hopefully you got it from a place that will let you return it if you don't like it. I agree with some others - a memory foam may be just the ticket for you and joe. Good luck!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Two years ago Joe and I made the mistake of buying a very expensive pillow top mattress, within 2 months we hated it, and put in on our guest bed, went back to using our old one. Today we went shopping for a new mattress, we need FIRM due to Joe's lower back problems. Anyone bought a mattress lately that they love?? We bought one today made by Stern and Foster, top of the line (they said) to be delivered next Friday, we paid a pretty penny for it, came home and looked at reviews, they were horrid!!!!!! Going tomorrow to cancel my order!!
We just bought an I Comfort made by Serta. We love it. It comes in different levels of firmness. It was well worth the money. They also had 3 month no interest financing. Love it!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I just bought a memory foam from SAMs club last year and so far I am. Loving it and it was pretty cheap 600 to 700 :) good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.