Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! looking for a new mattress..........

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default HELP!! looking for a new mattress..........

Two years ago Joe and I made the mistake of buying a very expensive pillow top mattress, within 2 months we hated it, and put in on our guest bed, went back to using our old one. Today we went shopping for a new mattress, we need FIRM due to Joe's lower back problems. Anyone bought a mattress lately that they love?? We bought one today made by Stern and Foster, top of the line (they said) to be delivered next Friday, we paid a pretty penny for it, came home and looked at reviews, they were horrid!!!!!! Going tomorrow to cancel my order!!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HELP!! looking for a new mattress..........

Have you tried something called the Sleep Number Bed? I hear ads about this bed on my radio station all the time and it just sounds really comfy. You can adjust the bed's firmness for your side and Joe can adjust his side as well. Then there's another mattress called the REM mattress. Again, something that is highly recommended here. I have not ever tried either of these mattresses myself but am curious about them. Something to look into perhaps, Kelly.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have a friend with the sleep number and they absolutely hate it... She said it is like sleeping on a fabric covered air mattress.

We we have one from ikea in our guest room and it I is awesome. Every time someone stays over they want to steal it from us.? Check them out
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I have a friend with the sleep number and they absolutely hate it... She said it is like sleeping on a fabric covered air mattress.

We we have one from ikea in our guest room and it I is awesome. Every time someone stays over they want to steal it from us.? Check them out
    I actually seen when I was reading reviews, that Ikea is right up in the top with reviews

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Now the Sleep Number mattress makes one with memory foam on the top.I don't know how they are but $. I have been dealing with back problems for 40 years(+RA). Had back surgeries. The only thing that has kept me going is my wonderful Chiropractor. I got a memory foam mattress. It was the mattress store brand-it is firm but very comfortable for me. The one I had before this was a "counting sheep" mattress.Serta or Sealy.? It felt like concrete was pushing against my bones. Nothing will stop the pain for me-but have slept much better since I got this "memory foam type" mattress.
    I have seen the sleep number mattresses for sale on our local website(by people who bought them) so I am guessing there are others who were disappointed in them, too.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post

Yikes, those beds are pretty costly too!

I love Ikea but had no idea they even sold mattresses! i'll have to keep them in mind for next time.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Now the Sleep Number mattress makes one with memory foam on the top.I don't know how they are but $. I have been dealing with back problems for 40 years(+RA). Had back surgeries. The only thing that has kept me going is my wonderful Chiropractor. I got a memory foam mattress. It was the mattress store brand-it is firm but very comfortable for me. The one I had before this was a "counting sheep" mattress.Serta or Sealy.? It felt like concrete was pushing against my bones. Nothing will stop the pain for me-but have slept much better since I got this "memory foam type" mattress.
    I have seen the sleep number mattresses for sale on our local website(by people who bought them) so I am guessing there are others who were disappointed in them, too.
    Lucky for me I don't have back problems, I do have arthritis but it's in my feet and knees, all this talk and bad reviews on the Stern and Foster has stressed Joe out, he loved the mattress, so we are going ahead and getting it. I told him though in a year when this mattress goes to sh*t, we WILL do LOTS of research when we have to buy another one. This is our second expensive mattress in two year, I so hope this one holds up.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

We've had a stern & foster mattress for about seven years now (wow it's getting up there!) and love it. It's got a pillow top, so probably something way different than what you ordered. But maybe it will be good! I really think they're hit or miss. But I love my bed. :p

Good luck!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I have been through quite a few mattresses until I found one I could sleep on. I just would sell them-and then get a different one! Good luck with your new mattress! I hope it works for you!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    I actually seen when I was reading reviews, that Ikea is right up in the top with reviews
    We did not get one with our new bedroom set and i regret it... our king size is good, but that Ikea mattress is just soooooooo comfortable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I know that I told you this on FB Kelly, but we absolutely LOVE our Tempur-Pedic mattress. My husband has back/neck issues plus Gout… I have arthritis and bad knees… basically we are a mess!!! I've been looking at mattress reviews for months, and I've never heard a bad thing about the Tempur-Pedic. They are GOD awful expensive, I'm NOT going to lie about that… BUT they have a 20 year warranty. I LOVE my bed so much, that I hate to travel because I miss sleeping on my bed… LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

i hope you find the right match Kelly! I've been sleeping on the same mattress that I've had since I was 12, and my parents had it before then. I don't know the brand but it has lasted at least 30 years. Gonna have to buy a king next time tho, my husband doesnt get much room with Lola in big bed with us. We'll have to get one within a few years. We like soft mattress though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads