Tension

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I am so upset , I live with my daughter and her boyfriend and he is mean to my Sebastian makes him aggressive and I just got nose to nose with him over Sebastian . Moving out is not an option because my daughter works two jobs and he is not raising my grand daughters he has no clue about kids or dogs . He is good to the girls but he is a little hard on them too , he does not understand nurture ! So leaving is not an option ! I just needed to vent. thanks I can not stop crying and shaking and my daughter is stuck in the middle she does not need this **** .sorry I am just very upset .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Don't let him get to you that's what he wants, as long as your there you know the kids are ok. Dogs are tougher than you think. Hang in there and it ll come good

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so sorry to hear of this. it sounds more like YOU are stuck in the middle. It sounds like this man has no "nuture" feelings-but does have a mean streak. I feel like someone who can not be kind to animals, even if they don't especially want one, is a very selfish person. It is hard to believe that your daughter would even love someone like that. If I were her, I would not like the fact that he would even be mean to ANY dog, never mind my own mother's dog. If I were her-I wouldn't even want him AROUND my kids. I know you love your grandchildren, but your daughter may have to make a decision, as they are her responsibility-actually not yours-you RAISED yours. How long can YOU deal with this. Sebastion is your child, and he shouldn't be tortured by that idiot!!
But, I was told when I was getting married, and having children that they were MINE-so I was responsible for them. Her kids would be alot better off without THAT guy. She ought to "Kick him to the curb!"

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm very sorry for your situation… I ran into an issue w/my FIL over my cats & it got pretty ugly. Sebastian is YOUR baby, and he needs to respect YOUR boundaries w/him. Sending hugs & prayers to you… I hope you guys can come to a resolution soon :hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a jerk, I'm sorry, I hope he gets the message.. Feel free to vent anytime.

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I'm sorry you are going through this. No parent should have to deal with this. You need to stick up for your baby because he has no right to do that. He wouldn't like that if you were doing that to his babies, right?! I hope things get better and *big hug* from me! And yes, vent anytime!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vent as much as you need to.... So sorry he is such an @$$, stand your ground and be safe! Hugs and prayers for happier times

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thank you all , yes Sebastian is my baby but he is also my better half and if you don't love him you don't love me ! The boyfriend says he's sorry but I heard it before sooooo ?

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
9u3esy5u.jpg
this is the first time "aggressive " boy met this man , funny how he does not look aggressive to me !

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this situation with your SIL, and your baby. You can vent to us anytime, and I don't blame you for being upset. It must be upsetting to see your baby being mistreated, and it would be a difficult situation to have to live with someone who acts this way, and be in between your daughter and her husband. It's not always easy to live with family, we love each other, but different personalities and beliefs sometimes clash, and living together in close quarters can sometimes cause these issues to seem worse than they are. We can't choose who our children fall in love with, and sometimes things that we wouldn't accept, or disapprove of in the spouses they choose irk us the wrong way. I love many things about my son in law, but there are many things I dislike about him, and I used to say things to my daughter, or bring things to her attention, and sometimes she would agree with me in the moment, but after she and boyfriend made up, then she would side with him, and it would cause friction in both relationships. They have been together for 17 years, and they have my grandson who just turned 6. My husband and I look after him about 40 to 45 hours a week, and we have done this since he was 10 months old. We enjoy having him, we are very close to him. He is a very good father, and he is a animal lover, he is very kind to both children and animals, these are the qualitues I love about him. He's just not the best husband material, and I know my daughter isn't 100% happy, but she tells me, she doesn't want her son growing up in a broken home. He's never abusive but there are problems. What I have learned over the years is to just bite my tongue, and not interfere. I just let my daughter know, that I am there for her, I will listen to her if she wants to talk, I will help her when I can, but I don't say anything about her relationship anymore. I told her she has to know what she wants to accept and not accept and it's her choice, but if she needs us we are here for her. It's a lot better, because we don't get involved in their relationship. I don't trust people who don't treat animals with love though so that would be difficult for me to accept. I hope everything works out for you.

Last edited:
OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thank you vickinggirl I love things about Remy too and I don't interfere their relationship this is him and I , my daughter bought me my bully in Sept for my birthday and Remy was mad from the start . He did not want a eb and did not want to spend that much on a dog but sad truth my daughter makes all the money , he is working now but has only worked 5 or 6 months the whole14 months he has lived with us so she can spend her money any way she wants too it has been 5 months the my bully baby has been here it's time he gets over it ! My boy is sweet and this man makes him mean and I have tried to talk to him and show him how to gain Sebastian's trust but he will not listen as he thinks he knows everything and he is just a snot nosed kid that could learn a thing or 2 if he would listen but he won't anyway I could have hurt him today when he got in my boys face and threatened to punch him for the hundredth time I just lost it and I will hurt him if he ever lays a hand on my baby and that's no way to live . You just don't mess with a woman's babies skin or fur .

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
In the picture it sure looks like Sebastion is wanting to give a kiss! I am really sorry that you have to deal with this man. He is just jealous because your daughter spent money on "the dog" that could have been spent on him.?? He should get two jobs and keep himself busy-then he wouldn't have time to pick on the "dog". ( I say the "dog",
because that is probably how HE thinks of Sebastion.) I pray that things will get better for you and your son,SEb.:pray2:We are here for you.

Beautiful Berry

Apr 28, 2013
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Berry R.I.P
What a tough guy picking on a defenseless dog. Tell him to pick on someone in the same weight class..

OP
Enjnene

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thanks everyone and I agree he does to pick on someone his size . It's gonna be real funny when my boy tears a whole in his ***

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.