I love my Scooba!!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My husband got me an early Valentine's Gift.

It's a Scooba! A mopping robot.

My brother has the Roomba which is a vaccuum cleaner robot but he quit using it because it can't handle the hair from his Golden Retriever. I was gonna get a Roomba too but hesitated because I don't mind vacuuming the floors - it's having to mop the floors everytime the dogs drool or track water from their water bowls or track wet feet when it's raining outside that gets to be a problem.

So, my husband thought I could get some help from a Scooba. And I really love it! It only covers 400 sq ft at a time (the size of the water tank as well as the size of the battery) then you'll have to charge it for 2-4 hours before you can run it again. But, I found a really good system with mine as I work from home. First, I leave it in my bedroom when I wake up and it does a really good job of cleaning it, come back an hour later after I take care of the kids, dump the dirty water, clean out the brush, and plug it to the charger. Then I go to work. Then when I go on lunch break, I move the Scooba to another room and let it do that room. Then I go back to work. Before I pick up kids from school, I dump the dirty water and clean out the Scooba and plug it into the charger. Then before I cook dinner, I let it do another room. By the time dinner is done the Scooba is done too, so I dump it out and plug it into the charger. Then I do the same thing over again the next day but with different rooms.

I've divided my hard floors into 6 400-sq-ft-ish areas so I can mop the entire house every other day. This thing is going non-stop... and it just goes on its merry way cleaning up dog slobber and all that...

The interesting thing... the dogs leave it alone! Yep! I was surprised even. At first they barked and barked at it. But after a few minutes, they started ignoring it (it moves slow so it's not chase-worthy).

I might need to run my vaccuum and wetjet if I'm expecting company but for everyday clean-up - this is sufficient. I really do love it!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh wow! I just may be going to buy myself a valentine's day present! Although.. I bought myself an expensive vacuum about a month after we got Winslow haha. Definitely something I will think about cause I've been slacking with the mop!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nice review!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.