Ranting about how I dislike dislike dislike buying new cars

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Oh don't get me wrong I'm totally excited and blessed to be able to buy a new car but my goodness... We walked out yesterday because we felt like we knew more about the vehicle than the salesman. Awkward silence in the car, he guy didn't ask anything about us... Nothing! I understand im just another sale but holy moly try a little bit. The guy was trying to give us a payment with financing before we even discussed the total price of the car. I wanted to ask if the real salesman called in sick and he was in financing. My apologizes for this rant. Needless to say no new car and they lost a sale... Play the game!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
play the game! make them earn that sale. i get treated like that because i'm a woman, no doubt, and younger than most in charge of family finances. Play hardball. (I just bought a used (new to us) mazda crossover few months ago).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH!!! I stopped going to car dealers years ago. i buy from places that sell certified used cars that are no more than 2 yrs old and have less that 20,000 miles. place like Carmax, which I think is national.

jsgirl

Dec 5, 2013
zanesville ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tink
Lol i know the feeling all to well. I'm a woman so when my husband and i go they talk to him little do they know i run the financials in our home. So when they want talk to me we go somewhere that's acknowledges me as well. I hate it when they know absolutely nothing about what they are selling. We shouldn't have to do their job for them. Lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I stay away from Carmax around here as they price gouge. I go through the car buying process every 3 years as I always lease my wife's car. We are lucky in that one of our good friends is a VW salesman and when it is time we walk in tell him what we want and what we will pay and we are usually in and out in about an hour.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
Tbearlion

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
Update: got a new SUV... My car was paid off and we drove out without any complications. Ended up going to another dealership but it all worked out and im a happy camper! Thanks for all the comments!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Update: got a new SUV... My car was paid off and we drove out without any complications. Ended up going to another dealership but it all worked out and im a happy camper! Thanks for all the comments!![/QUOTE

Congratulations! What SUV did you purchase and WHY?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.