For those with Leather Furniture...????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What kind of conditioner do you use? I conditioned mine last month and finished the bottle, can't think of the name but I really didn't like it. What product do you use and do you like it?? Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i just buy the Target brand leather wipes

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], does that actually condition the leather or just clean it?? I need a deep conditioner.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Bulldog saliva! :laugh:

honestly, i've had my leather sofa for about 1 year now and i didn't know i was supposed to condition it with anything. I will need to look into this one myself! :ohmy:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I don't do anything to mine but put a blanket on it when the dogs get on it. I love the look of leather but I don't like sitting on it

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't do anything to mine but put a blanket on it when the dogs get on it. I love the look of leather but I don't like sitting on it

Same here, love the look, love the way I can keep it clean with Vegas, but hate sitting on it! My legs stick! lol

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have had mine for several years and just clean it. Sorry.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Wondering if the oil that is used on a new baseball glove would work??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Look in the Auto dept. in walmart or Auto store. I believe the name of what I used was Leather new. It cleans and preserves, so the leather doesn't dry out.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my mom has been a interior designer for years, and worked in furniture stores, and sold leather furniture for over 40 years. We also had leather furniture growing up, and I also have a leather couch and love seat. My mom always cleaned the furniture with a damp cloth once a week, and about every two or three months she would condition it with a damp cloth and a little bit of Vaseline. I do this with my furniture as well, and our set is over 10 years old, and looks like new. My mom had her leather set for almost 20 years, and they always looked great.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I use a leather cleaner and conditioner called Leathertex but don't know if you can get it in the USA

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I know pledge has really good products. I use it on all of our furniture and its kept it looking good. [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] yes bulldog saliva hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use vinegar for most everything including leather couches. To clean my couch, I use 1:1.5 ratio of olive oil to vinegar solution, shake it in a spray bottle and put it on mist to spray the couch - I use the sprayer that can adjust to a fine mist. I wipe it down with a hand towel as I shake and spray.

I line the floors with another towel because you don't want that oil in your rugs or bare floors... The vinegar smell dissipates as it dries but I still follow up with febreeze after. I sometimes add a little fragrant oil to the solution but I'm such a cheapskate that I find it too expensive to get those fragrance oils...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.