Good Morning !

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Thought I would introduce you to my kitty that absoletly hates Sebastian ...lol poor Sebastian just wants to play with snow :(
yjysydes.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww sweet kitty!!! :catluv: Hopefully she/he will warm up to Sebastian soon… LOL

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What is Kitty's name?? He and Sebastian will become best buds

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We have the exact opposite at our house. Brutus and the cat get along fine, but Frankie wants to kill poor Boots in the worst way. My husband says he just wants to play, but I have no doubt that if given the chance Frankie will eat her. Last night my husband and I are in bed watching TV and my daughter left the gate to the upstairs open(we installed it specifically for the purpose of keeping Frankie and the cat separate) and up Frankie ran. My daughter was screaming like someone was killing her and Frankie was chasing the poor cat all over the upstairs. My husband flew up the stairs to grab Frankie before he could corner the poor baby and dragged him down the stairs. I think it is safe to say they will never be friends.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If the poor cat would stand his ground-Frankie would get over it. One of my Mal's(who was 2yr old rescue) would chase a cat, get him by the neck and shake and break their neck. If a cat wouldn't run, it would rub all over him,purring and he would not even pay attention to it. It's usually the RUN that get them! But a cat doesn't want to risk it.(You can't blame the cat, it's a risk!)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Someday you will catch them lying in a sunny spot together! It will be the Cat's decision. Snow and Sebastion, how cute!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
If the poor cat would stand his ground-Frankie would get over it. One of my Mal's(who was 2yr old rescue) would chase a cat, get him by the neck and shake and break their neck. If a cat wouldn't run, it would rub all over him,purring and he would not even pay attention to it. It's usually the RUN that get them! But a cat doesn't want to risk it.(You can't blame the cat, it's a risk!)

It scares us to death, my poor daughter would be in therapy for life if Frankie ever got her. None of the other dogs care but Frankie is another story.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie,
That is the "problem" with a rescue that is grown. You have done a wonderful job introducing Frankie, but not knowing his history....There are so many idiots in this world-who-if their dog chases a cat-they encourage it, think it's funny-or even TEACH them to kill cats. My rescue Mal. was such a gentle soul,(it took him a month to stop flinching like he was going to be hit) that he let the puppies bite him, climb on him and take the toys from him. But I really believe someone taught him to go after cats. If that is the case, it would be so difficult to break Frankie of that. If your daughter's room is the cat's "main" room, I would seriously make a small kitty door in her bedroom door, so the cat could have a safehouse. I saw on "My cat from hell" where the man recommended that they put 3 progressive shelves on the wall in the living room, so the cat could have another safe area up high. If you can't re-train the dog, maybe you can give the cat more "escapes". Mooseandbabylizzie.jpg

Most Reactions