Michael Vick: 'I would love' to be a dog owner again

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
That is the headline for an article I just came across. Here is an a bit of it:

Michael Vick can't ever own another dog, banned by the judge who sentenced him on dogfighting charges. But as Vick continues his redemption tour, turning public sentiment back on his side while leading the Eagles toward the playoffs and garnering MVP talk, he says he misses being a dog owner.

"I would love to get another dog in the future," he said in an interview. "I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process. I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love, and my passion for animals."

Give me a break!!! I just can't stand this guy and had to share, just made me so mad to read!!!! :angry: Thank goodness he isn't actually allowed to own a dog again!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am taking this image from Carol [MENTION=951]dontshop--adopt[/MENTION] I am sure she wont mind and you all can appreciate it!

59642_1634387707375_1467158751_1636395_4056192_n.jpg

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
OMG are u flippen kidding me!!!! I would love to own him as a dog so I could give a little pay back for all those dogs he mistreated and abused horrifically....I swear he makes my skin crawl. He better hope i never see him I would spit in his face...he is SCUM

dontshop--adopt

Jul 30, 2010
Greenville, MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
I cannot BELIEVE he has the nerve to say this...after the horrific way he treated his dogs...he should be put in a cage and give all us log lovers sharp sticks to poke him till he is nothing but shredded flesh...I feel sure God has an extra hot spot for him in Hell...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
WHAT!?!? :curse::eek:, he makes me sick!!!!! He cares?!?! I think he showed the world how much he cares and how much passion he shows about animals Ba$tard!!!!!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
He has also said he would still be involved in dog fighting if he hadnt been caught. I cant believe anyone can support such a cruel, selfish, horrible human being. I do NOT care how well he can throw a ball. His punishment did NOT fit the crime and now people act like he deserves a second chance!!!!!!! Someone actually had the nerve to say that to me. :angry: So I sent him a video of what these dogs go through. I received an email shortly after stating he had no idea what was really involved in what Vick was doing and that he was so sorry. Maybe thats what people who support this piece of :poo: should have to watch.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Amen everyone! :angry: i read this and it brought back all the hate and anger i felt towards him when he was busted. Thank God for special sentencing.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think the thing that really gets me about the Michael Vick thing is that all the sports writers - I've read some articles from ESPN and Sports Illustrated - keep saying it's time we forgive Vick because he's served his time and spends time advocating for dogs now however I think this is really about Vick getting hot in football again and publications wanting to be able to cover and celebrate his football accomplishments, without guilt.

That said, I am happy to see all of the time, attention, and money pit bull and other animal groups are getting as a result of Vick's heinous acts. Like everyone else, I just wish all those dogs didn't have to be tortured and died for that to happen.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Just heard this today and I am as horrified as you all are. I still cant believe he was aloud back in the sports and people are supporting him. He will get his comings one day thats for sure.

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
If anyone has ever read what exactly happened during his dog fighting days, how cruel and disgusting this man really is they should assume it speaks volumes about him as a person in general. To me its terrifying to know a person is capible of such cruelty. I shared this article with everyone on EBN back in June when it came out, the first part made me cry my eyes out but it really is a good article. I can't see why even people that aren't concerned with animal rights don't DEMAND higher sentences for people guilty of animal cruelty crimes, this kind of behavior should be a cause for concern for EVERYONE!!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/magazine/13dogfighting-t.html?_r=1&hpw

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
People are trying to get strict animal rights laws passed. I dont live in OH, but you better believe I have emailed (5 times) and called (6 times) their law makers to support Nitro's Law.
Welcome to Facebook
http://www.nitrofoundation.com/index.html
Our voices just need to be louder :yes: Ultimately, we are the only voice these animals have.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
People are trying to get strict animal rights laws passed. I dont live in OH, but you better believe I have emailed (5 times) and called (6 times) their law makers to support Nitro's Law.
Welcome to Facebook
******************** Nitro Foundation - Home
Our voices just need to be louder :yes: Ultimately, we are the only voice these animals have.

[MENTION=939]NikkiSchoolcraft[/MENTION], I AM from Ohio I have lived in Fl. for 9 years, My father was born in Youngstown, ALL of my family is huge animal lover's I just forwarded this site to all my family, cousins, aunts, uncles, I was sickened by what I saw, Made me cry, I am sure I have at least 20 more votes for Nitro's law in Ohio!!! God that makes me sick!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online