Thread: Michael Vick: 'I would love' to be a dog owner again

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Michael Vick: 'I would love' to be a dog owner again

If anyone has ever read what exactly happened during his dog fighting days, how cruel and disgusting this man really is they should assume it speaks volumes about him as a person in general. To me its terrifying to know a person is capible of such cruelty. I shared this article with everyone on EBN back in June when it came out, the first part made me cry my eyes out but it really is a good article. I can't see why even people that aren't concerned with animal rights don't DEMAND higher sentences for people guilty of animal cruelty crimes, this kind of behavior should be a cause for concern for EVERYONE!!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/13/ma....html?_r=1&hpw

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

People are trying to get strict animal rights laws passed. I dont live in OH, but you better believe I have emailed (5 times) and called (6 times) their law makers to support Nitro's Law.
    Welcome to Facebook
    http://www.nitrofoundation.com/index.html
    Our voices just need to be louder Ultimately, we are the only voice these animals have.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiSchoolcraft View Post
    People are trying to get strict animal rights laws passed. I dont live in OH, but you better believe I have emailed (5 times) and called (6 times) their law makers to support Nitro's Law.
    Welcome to Facebook
    ******************** Nitro Foundation - Home
    Our voices just need to be louder Ultimately, we are the only voice these animals have.
    @NikkiSchoolcraft, I AM from Ohio I have lived in Fl. for 9 years, My father was born in Youngstown, ALL of my family is huge animal lover's I just forwarded this site to all my family, cousins, aunts, uncles, I was sickened by what I saw, Made me cry, I am sure I have at least 20 more votes for Nitro's law in Ohio!!! God that makes me sick!!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO, Thank you for sharing

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    I think the thing that really gets me about the Michael Vick thing is that all the sports writers - I've read some articles from ESPN and Sports Illustrated - keep saying it's time we forgive Vick because he's served his time and spends time advocating for dogs now however I think this is really about Vick getting hot in football again and publications wanting to be able to cover and celebrate his football accomplishments, without guilt.

That said, I am happy to see all of the time, attention, and money pit bull and other animal groups are getting as a result of Vick's heinous acts. Like everyone else, I just wish all those dogs didn't have to be tortured and died for that to happen.
    EXACTLY!!!!!!

Now let's see him spend the next 10 years giving millions of his $'s to rescue organisations, and then maybe I might .. and like I said just MIGHT consider him owning a goldfish!

As we say in England ... he is a tosser, a wanker and a total arsehole ... (pardon the language! )

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson, My husband is a HUGE Giants football fan (fanatical) well they are playing The Philidelphia Eagles right now as I type, guess who is getting his A$$ kicked??? Michael Vick, I wonder if just a tiny bit of it has to do with his statement earlier in the week?? The Giants defense is just sacking him over and over, even the announcer keeps commenting on how Michael is getting the crap beat out of him. I am loving it, and I still don't think he should have been able to go back to the NFL, why should he be able to enjoy anything?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    EXACTLY!!!!!!

Now let's see him spend the next 10 years giving millions of his $'s to rescue organisations, and then maybe I might .. and like I said just MIGHT consider him owning a goldfish!

As we say in England ... he is a tosser, a wanker and a total arsehole ... (pardon the language! )
    As one who breeds, grooms, and shows fancy goldfish I would NOT like him to own a goldie!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    As one who breeds, grooms, and shows fancy goldfish I would NOT like him to own a goldie!

Very true ... should we consider just letting him have a pet maggot??? Or is that cruelty to maggots????

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was happy to see this headline, thought I'd share

Tucker Carlson: Michael Vick 'Should Have Been Executed' -- NFL FanHouse

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Did anybody see the show "Dog Town". It's based in an animal sanctuary in Utah and is an AWESOME program .. but they had one episode that showed that they took a lot of the dogs that were rescued from Michael Vicks house. It was horrifying to see the state of some of these dogs not only physically but mentally ... and it was also amazing to see what the people at dog town managed to accomplish with love and patience to turn these dogs into adoptable pets. Anyway, here's a link to their blog ... interesting.

When the President Calls About the Vick Dogs | The Best Friends Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads