Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default I just had to...

Ok so I just called the SPCA on my neighbors. We have had two pitbulls taken away from them prior to this for extreme neglect. This pitty seemed different right from the start. They kept him inside and only outside for potty breaks. I thought great, they actually love this baby. He is gorgeous, a blackish blue color with a white mask on his face. I made sure I was friends with him right from the beginning because their dogs have a habit of wandering the neighborhood. So all was good until about 6mos ago, when they started leaving him outside intermittently. Now for the last 2mos they leave him out 24/7. I have watched this beautiful baby getting soaked in the rain and now freezing in this cold. He has no dog house or any kind of shelter. The last straw was last night he was curled up in a ball next to a tree trying to warm up. He was still out this morning laying by the tree covered in snow. Long Island is expecting 16 inches of snow today and I can't bear to see this poor baby outside another day. I sit here crying because I have called several rescues to try to avoid him going to a shelter if the SPCA takes him, but no one will take him. I fear they will put this beautiful baby down and I caused it. My husband says anything is better than freezing to death but I feel guilty and sad. I hope maybe they will get a warning and maybe a fine?? Sorry for the long post but I had to get this off my chest.
    My smooshy face boy!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I just had to...

I would go knock on the neighbor's house and tell them about their dog. If they don't do anything then I would call the cops on your neighbors. This way, the dog can be taken from them and they can't just get another dog that is going to end up abused.

Yes, it's sad for this dog - but unless you can take him in, he is better off with a chance at getting seen by some people interested in his welfare (I see a lot of pit bulls on my facebook looking for parents) than just buried in snow in some idiot's backyard.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Aww poor baby. Don't feel guilty, you absolutely did the right thing. If he hadn't been picked up by the SPCA, he would still be outside neglected, lonely, cold and wet. At least he has a warm place and food, and hopefully a chance of being adopted and gettin a new home that he deserves.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good job, I would have done the exact same thing. You probably saved that poor pooches life.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I feel a little better, I just got off the phone with a rescue here on the Island and they are going to flag the dog if the SPCA does take him so at least he wont go to a shelter. They buy their dogs so even though they have had two taken previously, no one knows they are getting more. They obviously are not registering the dogs with the town. Ugh such stupid people.
    My smooshy face boy!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

That just made me cry. We got a ton of snow here in KY and it's headed your way. GOOD FOR YOU for not accepting this to happen! What a blessing you are to that dog! you did the right thing. It's our job to be their voices!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

You did the right thing. People like that should have a "doggie restraining order" against them. But unfortunately there is not way to keep them from getting dogs, I guess.
    You are doing the best thing you can do-when you see a situation like that. Who ever would want a "life" like that poor dog was having? You are a good officer of the "doggie police!"
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kori
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

You absolutely did the right thing. You are giving that dog a chance - something your neighbors are not. That poor thing, brought tears to my eyes thinking of how cruel some people can be. He is so lucky you were watching out for him
    My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

James Hond, My Sunshine

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Rosalie you did the right thing… hopefully the rescue can get him so he can be placed in a loving home. I did that to one of my neighbors years ago… their dog would be outside 24/7 w/no shelter & half the time not even water. I would make comments about the dog, but they seem oblivious… People like that are stupid and shouldn't be allowed to have dogs in the first place!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

You did the right thing. You should probably go punch your neighbor in the jaw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You so did the right thing... that poor sweet pitty is suffering and needs a chance at a better life!! Thank you for calling them, he has a chance,,,, now go over and make it so the bastards do not have heat tonight.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry you went through this. it would eat me up too, but you absolutely did the right thing. *hugs*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads