brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so I just called the SPCA on my neighbors. We have had two pitbulls taken away from them prior to this for extreme neglect. This pitty seemed different right from the start. They kept him inside and only outside for potty breaks. I thought great, they actually love this baby. He is gorgeous, a blackish blue color with a white mask on his face. I made sure I was friends with him right from the beginning because their dogs have a habit of wandering the neighborhood. So all was good until about 6mos ago, when they started leaving him outside intermittently. Now for the last 2mos they leave him out 24/7. I have watched this beautiful baby getting soaked in the rain and now freezing in this cold. He has no dog house or any kind of shelter. The last straw was last night he was curled up in a ball next to a tree trying to warm up. He was still out this morning laying by the tree covered in snow. Long Island is expecting 16 inches of snow today and I can't bear to see this poor baby outside another day. I sit here crying because I have called several rescues to try to avoid him going to a shelter if the SPCA takes him, but no one will take him. I fear they will put this beautiful baby down and I caused it. My husband says anything is better than freezing to death but I feel guilty and sad. I hope maybe they will get a warning and maybe a fine?? Sorry for the long post but I had to get this off my chest.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I would go knock on the neighbor's house and tell them about their dog. If they don't do anything then I would call the cops on your neighbors. This way, the dog can be taken from them and they can't just get another dog that is going to end up abused.

Yes, it's sad for this dog - but unless you can take him in, he is better off with a chance at getting seen by some people interested in his welfare (I see a lot of pit bulls on my facebook looking for parents) than just buried in snow in some idiot's backyard.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby. Don't feel guilty, you absolutely did the right thing. If he hadn't been picked up by the SPCA, he would still be outside neglected, lonely, cold and wet. At least he has a warm place and food, and hopefully a chance of being adopted and gettin a new home that he deserves.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job, I would have done the exact same thing. You probably saved that poor pooches life.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I feel a little better, I just got off the phone with a rescue here on the Island and they are going to flag the dog if the SPCA does take him so at least he wont go to a shelter. They buy their dogs so even though they have had two taken previously, no one knows they are getting more. They obviously are not registering the dogs with the town. Ugh such stupid people.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That just made me cry. We got a ton of snow here in KY and it's headed your way. GOOD FOR YOU for not accepting this to happen! What a blessing you are to that dog! you did the right thing. It's our job to be their voices!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You did the right thing. People like that should have a "doggie restraining order" against them. But unfortunately there is not way to keep them from getting dogs, I guess.
You are doing the best thing you can do-when you see a situation like that. Who ever would want a "life" like that poor dog was having? You are a good officer of the "doggie police!":goodjob::thanks:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
You absolutely did the right thing. You are giving that dog a chance - something your neighbors are not. That poor thing, brought tears to my eyes thinking of how cruel some people can be. He is so lucky you were watching out for him

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Rosalie you did the right thing… hopefully the rescue can get him so he can be placed in a loving home. I did that to one of my neighbors years ago… their dog would be outside 24/7 w/no shelter & half the time not even water. I would make comments about the dog, but they seem oblivious… People like that are stupid and shouldn't be allowed to have dogs in the first place!!!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
You did the right thing. You should probably go punch your neighbor in the jaw

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You so did the right thing... that poor sweet pitty is suffering and needs a chance at a better life!! Thank you for calling them, he has a chance,,,, now go over and make it so the bastards do not have heat tonight. :cursing:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
I'm sorry you went through this. :( it would eat me up too, but you absolutely did the right thing. *hugs*

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You so did the right thing... that poor sweet pitty is suffering and needs a chance at a better life!! Thank you for calling them, he has a chance,,,, now go over and make it so the bastards do not have heat tonight. :cursing:

Yep I bet they wouldn't like it out in the cold!!! :cursing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Oh people like them make me so angry! you did the right thing!! poor baby!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
You did exactly what I would have done, have they picked the Pitt up yet???? Poor dog, people make me sick!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online