Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State of emergency

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default State of emergency

My county has been issued a state of emergency since yesterday. My kids don't have school, and I haven't been out of the house either. I'm going stir crazy.

The blizzard here has been insane. We have at least 2 1/2 feet of snow- and that's NOT in drifts! Norm's groom appointment has been postponed twice. Poor boy LOVES being groomed!

Norm went out to do his business and it goes to his back in the backyard. I took pictures. I'll load them soon.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: State of emergency

Chip is in Chicago right now. And he says he is so glad we live in Arizona!!! Every morning I ask how the weather is there, and every morning he asks how it is here. I almost hate answering him.....

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
    Likes (Received)

Oh wow not fun... I will be in Chicago in Feb, my hubby said Im going to feel like I cant breath when I walk out of that airport lol.... Oh well cant pass up an all expense paid trip...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Chicago is on the other side of the lake... they don't ever have as much snow as we have here. I live about 15 miles away from Michigan... so on the east side of Lake Michigan. I'm so ready to move someplace warm right about now... but I love the summers here. Right now it is 19*F above zero, but feels like 7 above.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I was watching the Bears play this weekend... it did not look fun with all the ice swirling around and 9* wind chill... ouch. I hope you catch a weather break soon.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh I am sorry and really cannot relate thankfully. I love the snow for a minute but to live in it and that much? Oh boy I wouldnt be happy either. Did I mention our weather has been really crazy also? In the 80's this week. haha. Sorry, I had to .

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@bulldog family ..... Im not sure where you live but it sounds like NW Indiana. You guys got all the snow; Don't ya just love lake effect snow? lol We in Milwaukee only got the cold and wind... its 10 with wind chill of -5 right now but only got 1" of snow. Personally, I'd rather have heavy snow than this.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

gross!!!!!! it's 75 here and sunny.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

It is freezing here as well! Its like -7, we have a few inches of snow but thats it for now! I hate winter!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

wow please send us some rain or something down to tx... here in west tx there are 19 surronding counties "including the county i live and work for" under a severe fire weather watch and have winds up to 20mph!!! just got word that fri we are supposed to get some type of rain/snow mix but most of its will be south of here

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

We are in another blizzard!! What crazy weather we are having. It was 50 degrees a few days ago. Now we have another 2 feet of snow. And just a few we had an earthquake. Crazy stuff!!

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Chicago is aweful in the winter you jsut cant seem to wear enough outside lake Michigan has an aweful effect on the weather up there . Bundle up especially if you aren't used to it brrrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads