State of emergency

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
My county has been issued a state of emergency since yesterday. My kids don't have school, and I haven't been out of the house either. I'm going stir crazy.:eek:

The blizzard here has been insane. We have at least 2 1/2 feet of snow- and that's NOT in drifts! Norm's groom appointment has been postponed twice. Poor boy LOVES being groomed!

Norm went out to do his business and it goes to his back in the backyard. I took pictures. I'll load them soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Chip is in Chicago right now. And he says he is so glad we live in Arizona!!! Every morning I ask how the weather is there, and every morning he asks how it is here. I almost hate answering him.....:whistle:

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Oh wow not fun... I will be in Chicago in Feb, my hubby said Im going to feel like I cant breath when I walk out of that airport lol.... Oh well cant pass up an all expense paid trip...

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Chicago is on the other side of the lake... they don't ever have as much snow as we have here. I live about 15 miles away from Michigan... so on the east side of Lake Michigan. I'm so ready to move someplace warm right about now... but I love the summers here. Right now it is 19*F above zero, but feels like 7 above.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I was watching the Bears play this weekend... it did not look fun with all the ice swirling around and 9* wind chill... ouch. I hope you catch a weather break soon.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh I am sorry and really cannot relate thankfully. I love the snow for a minute but to live in it and that much? Oh boy I wouldnt be happy either. Did I mention our weather has been really crazy also? In the 80's this week. haha. Sorry, I had to . :p

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] ..... Im not sure where you live but it sounds like NW Indiana. You guys got all the snow; Don't ya just love lake effect snow? lol We in Milwaukee only got the cold and wind... its 10 with wind chill of -5 right now but only got 1" of snow. Personally, I'd rather have heavy snow than this.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow please send us some rain or something down to tx... here in west tx there are 19 surronding counties "including the county i live and work for" under a severe fire weather watch and have winds up to 20mph!!! just got word that fri we are supposed to get some type of rain/snow mix but most of its will be south of here :(

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
We are in another blizzard!! What crazy weather we are having. It was 50 degrees a few days ago. Now we have another 2 feet of snow. And just a few we had an earthquake. Crazy stuff!!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Chicago is aweful in the winter you jsut cant seem to wear enough outside lake Michigan has an aweful effect on the weather up there . Bundle up especially if you aren't used to it brrrr

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Chicago gets the cold and we get the Lake Effect Snow. This side of the lake (by Michigan) is really bad. I guess that's why they call it the Snow Belt.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.