Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I met my husband for the first time when I was 15 and out on a date with my boyfriend at the time when he invited a few of his mates to come to the Pizza hut for tea too.

Silly Boy

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
All these stories are sooooo cute :)
Well I had just gotten out of a relationship( been with the guy for a few years and he lived two states away, we finally decided to move in together...Which meant I was gonna move to be with him. Started packing my stuff, moved some stuff out there and put my resignation in at my job. The Wednesday before my last day which was 2 days later he broke up with me.... Over the most stupid thing. I was a wreck!!! And I had to call and beg for my job back :censored::censored: and then the f*cker had the nerve to call me back that weekend telling me he had made a mistake. I told him to F*ck off) and I thought I would try online dating.....And so I did. Met some interesting guys...Some that ended up being just friends and some weirdos and then Matt..He was not my type. When he messaged me I was kinda like ehhh, not that he wasnt attractive but just not my type lol. Well he met me up at the bar one night while I was out with some friends. He comes to set down and hes this big ol muscle-y dude.... So Im figuring he would be rough around the edges..... He was quiet and shy the whole time!! I am so not like that, I can be loud and very outgoing. And I am a touchy feely type of person, so while we are talking I had touched his arm and I got the weirdest vibe from him like I had done something wrong....lol I was like oh great I scared this poor boy. Told my friends that I would give him one more chance to see if he would open up.... We went to the movies the next time we went out, just the 2 of us and he said all the wrong things....lol But it was cute cause I had made him nervous :) And after that he stole my heart <3 I still look at us sometimes and think we look mis matched but I dont care, we love each other dearly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I met my husband through a mutual friend in high school, my friend Allen was two years older than me, and his brother was my age, we lived in the same complex, and went to the same high school. Allen was also,friends with my husband Mitch, who is three years older than me, but he went to a different high school than me. One weekend my best friend Debbie (who's mom was away in England, and her uncle was supposed to be watching the house and her siblings, but didn't do such a hot job of that), told her uncle that she was sleeping at my house, and I told my mom I was sleeping over at her house. My friend Al and a couple of other people went to a bar in Oakville, it had a rock band upstairs, it had a disco on the middle floor, and an outside patio. It was Mitch's birthday and he had also come along. We ended sitting beside each other all night, and Mitch had a best friend named Rob, who ended up with my friend Debbie. We stayed at the bar until it closed, then we drove around, ended up at a McDonalds, ate, and then went to the all night Scooter Palace which was a roller skating place. We rented some roller skates, and then Debbie and I ended up in the ladies washroom, Debbie fell flat on her face on the concrete floor in the bathroom and landed on her arm. We went back out to the guys, and continued to skate until about 5:00 in the morning. The guys drove us home, and Mitch asked for my phone number. When we got back to Debbie's place her arm was so swollen, and her uncle took one look at it, and knew it was broken. He took us to the emergency department and they set her broken wrist. The next day Mitch and his friend Rob showed up at Debbie's house, and the four of us became couples. Rob and Debbie broke up after about a month of dating, and Mitch and I stayed together. We have been together for 35 years, and we had 3 kids together, we lived together all these years, and recently just got married in Jamaica last April. He is still my love, and my best friend.

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
So I had just gotten out of a long (bad for the last many years) relationship with the guy I had dated since high school and decided to try online dating. I had never really dated and a friend of mine encouraged me to try match.com because she met her husband on there. So after a night out I signed myself up (made me very honest) lol. I had a 50 mile radius on my account but Andrew managed to find me, thank God( I had had some descent and weird dates prior to him finding me). He had signed up for a trial and didn't change his search radius so it was set to 500 miles and I turned up in his search. I grew up in Michigan and Andrew was in Kentucky. He messaged me on match and I thought he was super handsome with so many similarities to me. I was disappointed he was so far away but figured there was no harm in messaging back and forth. He teases me now because he says it would take me days to respond to his messages. Eventually I suggested texting and after that we started talking on the phone. Our first conversation lasted 5 hours. We finally decided to meet half way (in Ohio) for a day. Before actually meeting I had a feeling he was the one and when I saw him I knew it. We ate at Texas road house then tried to search for a park. We were in Lima, OH and hadn't known what to expect(the parks are few and far between). Eventually we found a park a half hour south and just walked/talked while holding hands. We ended our night with dessert at Applebee's and went our separate ways. I even told one of my best friends on my drive home that night that he was the one. It was already planned that in two weeks he would come to michigan for a long weekend (he took vacation) but I decided I didn't want to wait and went to Kentucky the next weekend. After that we saw each other every weekend I had off. Being a nurse I work weekends and at the time I worked every other weekend. Now 2 1/2 years later, after many drives between michigan and Kentucky, I made the big move to Kentucky to be with Andrew. I've been here 2 months now and love living with the love of my life....just miss my family and previous job. My families only about 5 hours away though so once the snow is over trips up to michigan and for them to come here will be easier. Hope you enjoyed our story!! We talk about marriage and kids so I'm hoping thats not too far off but either way were happy and love having time together. For now we have my (our) kitty Dublin and are practicing having children by having Hulk hahaha

TastetheRainbow

Jan 14, 2014
Killeen, TX
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Erebus
I absolutely loved reading all of these stories! They are amazing, thanks everyone for sharing. Now my turn, but mine isn't so exciting.

I'm sure some of you may have heard of Second-life. If your real life sucks, have a second-life online on a virtual world where for a couple dollars you can even get "married." At this point I was not happy with the way my life was going, at all. I had been stupid and not once but twice "fallen in love" and thought I would be married to these "wonderful" men. My first boyfriend was 18, I was 17 and one night we were sitting up in my room drinking (We had, had an older friend sneak some booze in.) We were totally hammered and he tried to get me to do the dirty with him, to which I had said no, I'm waiting for marriage before I do that. To make a long story straight the ****** raped me. I ended up pregnant with my daughter and around the time she was born I started dating another guy. I had never told anyone what happened that night until a few months after I started dating this guy. I told him what happened and he wanted to kill my ex, he wanted to know who he was so he could go beat the ever living hell out of him but I wouldn't let him know. We had been dating for a few months when he proposed to me, I said yes. A week later I found out I was pregnant again. (Yea, I made some poor judgment when I was younger.) I told him and he left. I was floored.

Fast forward 5 years, I'm a single mom, living with my parents until I could find a good job and get out on my own. I had dated a few guys since then but it never worked out. The problem was, I was a heavyset girl, young and dumb with my heart set on someone thin and muscular. I found out after a while all these guys wanted was sex. Seriously, that's it and if I wouldn't give them what I wanted then they left and I'd never hear from them again. So I started playing around on Second-life. I made a lot of friends and enjoyed escaping to my second life, a world where people cared about me. I had been friends with my husband for about a year but never knew he was in the army or really much of anything about his real life but we got along great and he was one of the people I hung out with a lot but in the real world I was depressed, unstable and "sitting on the edge of a cliff just waiting for someone to give me a good shove." I was thinking about suicide more and more and more. I started telling hubby about things going on in the real world and of course he was very concerned. We got to talking more and more and a couple weeks later he proposed to me. I said sure, thinking he meant on the game, so I said when are we doing this? His response? "How about a couple months from now, I'll be on leave and can come up then." We never dated and he never even hinted at liking me. I'd never even seen a picture of him before. I was floored once more. I told him to give me a day to think it over and the next day I came in with a different outlook and started throwing a LOT of questions at him. "Where do you work?" "What's your name?" "Can someone confirm who you are?" " Can I have a picture" and the biggest question of all. "Why?" After all questions were answered, I had a picture, had talked to his mother and his SGT I was feeling a bit more comfortable with the situation and began to get a bit excited. June was quickly approaching and I figured what the hell, if we don't like each other then we won't get married and he'll go back to his life, plain and simple.

Of course everyone thought I was insane and sometimes I questioned it myself. I didn't know jack **** about my husband other then the fact he was in the army and he was a bit geeky looking, probably because my husband is a mega geek lol. Definitely not my type but hey, I was willing to give anything a chance if I could continue being as happy as I was at that moment. Sure there were worries in the back of my mind but I tried my hardest to brush those worries out of my mind. Keep in mind when I was about 16, I lost a family member in the army and vowed I would NEVER ever date or marry someone in a "dangerous" job. Fire fighter, emt's, military or police force. Well we met in June and really clicked, we enjoyed being together and a week wasn't long enough. We had a small wedding at the courthouse with a few family members and friends and we've been happily married since then. We had our first anniversary last June, 2 days before he deployed. It was bittersweet and I had a very hard time saying goodbye to him. He had made me so happy and being apart from him made me feel crushed, especially so soon but I've dealt with the ups and downs and I don't regret a thing. He is an amazing husband and wonderful father to my children. I've had a lot of bad times in my life and he has helped me heal. For that, I thank him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.