Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I meet my hubby while i was homeless and asking my brother for a job -as a ex serviceman with PTSD it is not an uncommon sight here

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I meet my hubby while i was homeless and asking my brother for a job -as a ex serviceman with PTSD it is not an uncommon sight here

Pati, this sounds like a great romantic one... more details? Pllleeeaassse?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I got a wierd one.

I went to this dance club in the middle of downtown that I've never been to because it is known to be an "emo" place. I didn't like it much because they played things like "Machinehead"... c'mon, who can dance to that? I was with 2 friends but I was designated driver because I don't drink and they were kinda bored too so we were about to go out when this tall guy came in the door who looked like a god. He had this super blonde hair that glowed in the blacklight and cut really stylish going down to his shoulders. I was floored by how ridiculously handsome he is. He was with another tall guy with black hair so they were like Jedi and Sith... Anyway, I told my friend - I just saw the guy I'm gonna marry. So they ended up staying with me to see if we can get some phone numbers or something. But then I was too chicken to approach them so we just hung out at the dance floor trying to dance to the stupid music...

But then... the tall dark guy comes to me and asks me to dance! I told him - sure, but I'm interested in your friend. He calls his friend and the blonde guy waves him off and goes to sit at the corner surveying the place like he owns it. Anyway, I got to know the dark dude - he is super nice and fun and casually touchy (he's Italian) which is perfect for me because I'm the same... but, I wanted the other guy... but he never came and he looked like he didn't want to be bothered, so I told the Italian dude goodbye and me and my 2 friends leave the club.

So then I'm driving down the freeway at midnight and this black car with super dark tint tailed me! I go 95mph down the freeway and the car stuck to my back... my 2 friends were scared, I was just plain mad (young and stupid, what can I say)... so I pull over to the side of the freeway, he pulls over right behind me, I go out my car and madly rushed to the driver side of the black car about to lay a beating on whoever it is (yes, I didn't care if he had a gun or whatever - yes, young and stupid)... anyway, he lowers the window and lookie here - it's the blonde dude... and he says, "I just want to see if you'd come with us to breakfast." Of course I couldn't speak - the guy was really really cute... so, I just nodded my head, got back in my car, dropped my friends off, and followed him to Denny's... his Italian friend went ghost and we talked and talked and talked until morning...

But then, we didn't really date. Come to find out the guy was a runway model... in New York. 1000 miles away. He comes home for a few weeks then goes back to New York for a gig and he is always followed by a flock of flirty girls, a lot of them works at the strip club, hah! But the Italian dude worked at the local arcade so I became good friends with him. I had tons of friends, he had tons of friends so we hung out constantly like one big group and the blonde dude would grace us with his godly presence... nah, he turned out really cool - he was not uppity snippity at all. He just doesn't like the dating/club scene because of his experiences with the party scene being a runway model (parties are a way to sell your body to get a gig).

Anyway, 2 years later, the blonde guy and I were super good friends by then, just as much as the Italian guy... and he calls me one day and asks me to go with him but not to bring any of my friends. I say okay, he takes me to this place where he asked me to marry him! I said yes (of course), and we got married 2 weeks later. Over 16 years ago.

The end.

Last edited:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I got a wierd one.

I went to this dance club in the middle of downtown that I've never been to because it is known to be an "emo" place. I didn't like it much because they played things like "Machinehead"... c'mon, who can dance to that? I was with 2 friends but I was designated driver because I don't drink and they were kinda bored too so we were about to go out when this tall guy came in the door who looked like a god. He had this super blonde hair that glowed in the blacklight and cut really stylish going down to his shoulders. I was floored by how ridiculously handsome he is. He was with another tall guy with black hair so they were like Jedi and Sith... Anyway, I told my friend - I just saw the guy I'm gonna marry. So they ended up staying with me to see if we can get some phone numbers or something. But then I was too chicken to approach them so we just hung out at the dance floor trying to dance to the stupid music...

But then... the tall dark guy comes to me and asks me to dance! I told him - sure, but I'm interested in your friend. He calls his friend and the blonde guy waves him off and goes to sit at the corner surveying the place like he owns it. Anyway, I got to know the dark dude - he is super nice and fun and casually touchy (he's Italian) which is perfect for me because I'm the same... but, I wanted the other guy... but he never came and he looked like he didn't want to be bothered, so I told the Italian dude goodbye and me and my 2 friends leave the club.

So then I'm driving down the freeway at midnight and this black car with super dark tint tailed me! I go 95mph down the freeway and the car stuck to my back... my 2 friends were scared, I was just plain mad (young and stupid, what can I say)... so I pull over to the side of the freeway, he pulls over right behind me, I go out my car and madly rushed to the driver side of the black car about to lay a beating on whoever it is (yes, I didn't care if he had a gun or whatever - yes, young and stupid)... anyway, he lowers the window and lookie here - it's the blonde dude... and he says, "I just want to see if you'd come with us to breakfast." Of course I couldn't speak - the guy was really really cute... so, I just nodded my head, got back in my car, dropped my friends off, and followed him to Denny's... his Italian friend went ghost and we talked and talked and talked until morning...

But then, we didn't really date. Come to find out the guy was a runway model... in New York. 1000 miles away. He comes home for a few weeks then goes back to New York for a gig and he is always followed by a flock of flirty girls, a lot of them works at the strip club, hah! But the Italian dude worked at the local arcade so I became good friends with him. I had tons of friends, he had tons of friends so we hung out constantly like one big group and the blonde dude would grace us with his godly presence... nah, he turned out really cool - he was not uppity snippity at all. He just doesn't like the dating/club scene because of his experiences with the party scene being a runway model (parties are a way to sell your body to get a gig).

Anyway, 2 years later, the blonde guy and I were super good friends by then, just as much as the Italian guy... and he calls me one day and asks me to go with him but not to bring any of my friends. I say okay, he takes me to this place where he asked me to marry him! I said yes (of course), and we got married 2 weeks later. Over 16 years ago.

The end.

Ae you kidding me? NOW THAT's a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You and @2BullyMama ..I know have better stories than that!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, seriously. We met at work and hung with the same group of people on Friday night at happy hour. About 6 months after meeting we started dating. :Zzz:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I was in NYC, he was in Florida. We actually met online in some chat room in 1997. I was 30. He was staying at his parents as he had gone through a divorce and was getting back in his feet, We became chat buddies online for many months, then moved to email, then talking on phone. That went on for awhile, we really enjoyed just talking n being friends. Feelings had def developed between us, even though we were friends n both dating others. One day we talked about meeting. It was a bit scary though..so, I was reluctant at first. I spoke w his mom many times, who seemed really nice. I got super stressed w things in my life and decided screw it. I'm taking a trip. I gave all his info - address, phone number, full description etc- to my friend as well as my parents...just in case....I booked a trip for a week, met him at the airport and it was just an instant click between us. We spent a time with his family as well as on our own. We just got along so well, it felt like we had known each other forever and were just suppose to be together. When I left for home, we continued our long distance relationship for a bit n I got a bug up my butt to move there and pursue this fully. Very impulsive, yes, but I felt like I had to follow my heart. I was tired of my job, (as much as I love NYC n my folks), just wanted a scenery change. He was all for it, but my family was not thrilled. They actually made me speak w a psychiatrist to discuss my decision to see if I was being too impulsive. I went along w if as I knew they were just concerned for me but I was going one way or another. So, the psychiatrist said it sounded like I thought it through and even though it was a bit impulsive, it wasn't a bad idea to let me go n explore my life elsewhere. So, I got a job, found a place n moved. Things got heated pretty quick w us and before I knew it, we were living together. He has a son from previous marriage so I went through some trials w his ex just showing up to check on things when their son was w us. He was 3 at the time, so understandable, but she was a pita. Still is actually...lol anyway, in 2000 he popped the question, I said yes n we have been together since. We celebrate our 14th anniversary Feb 14.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I AGREE… we need more details on this one… LOL :yes4:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)

Not really a romantic story ,he asked for a job ,my brother felt sorry for him-i didnt like him at all -eventually i started to see the real man behind all his problems and fallen in love with him xx there is quite big age gap between us-but i cant help it when i love someone

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I was in NYC, he was in Florida. We actually met online in some chat room in 1997. I was 30. He was staying at his parents as he had gone through a divorce and was getting back in his feet, We became chat buddies online for many months, then moved to email, then talking on phone. That went on for awhile, we really enjoyed just talking n being friends. Feelings had def developed between us, even though we were friends n both dating others. One day we talked about meeting. It was a bit scary though..so, I was reluctant at first. I spoke w his mom many times, who seemed really nice. I got super stressed w things in my life and decided screw it. I'm taking a trip. I gave all his info - address, phone number, full description etc- to my friend as well as my parents...just in case....I booked a trip for a week, met him at the airport and it was just an instant click between us. We spent a time with his family as well as on our own. We just got along so well, it felt like we had known each other forever and were just suppose to be together. When I left for home, we continued our long distance relationship for a bit n I got a bug up my butt to move there and pursue this fully. Very impulsive, yes, but I felt like I had to follow my heart. I was tired of my job, (as much as I love NYC n my folks), just wanted a scenery change. He was all for it, but my family was not thrilled. They actually made me speak w a psychiatrist to discuss my decision to see if I was being too impulsive. I went along w if as I knew they were just concerned for me but I was going one way or another. So, the psychiatrist said it sounded like I thought it through and even though it was a bit impulsive, it wasn't a bad idea to let me go n explore my life elsewhere. So, I got a job, found a place n moved. Things got heated pretty quick w us and before I knew it, we were living together. He has a son from previous marriage so I went through some trials w his ex just showing up to check on things when their son was w us. He was 3 at the time, so understandable, but she was a pita. Still is actually...lol anyway, in 2000 he popped the question, I said yes n we have been together since. We celebrate our 14th anniversary Feb 14.
GREAT STORY!!! I have pain ex wife also..LOL. That is what caused most of the issues with brian and I, was her and their daughter. I didn't want and still don't want kids. I never wanted to even date a man with kids, he has a daughter and he was persistent. It was very hard for me. His daughter and I are very close now. The ex-wife....eh, girl has issues. LOL.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Not really a romantic story ,he asked for a job ,my brother felt sorry for him-i didnt like him at all -eventually i started to see the real man behind all his problems and fallen in love with him xx there is quite big age gap between us-but i cant help it when i love someone
That is so touching :heart::heart:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
GREAT STORY!!! I have pain ex wife also..LOL. That is what caused most of the issues with brian and I, was her and their daughter. I didn't want and still don't want kids. I never wanted to even date a man with kids, he has a daughter and he was persistent. It was very hard for me. His daughter and I are very close now. The ex-wife....eh, girl has issues. LOL.
Lol I used to be very close w my stepson but things got a bit weird over the years. He is 17 now, n doing his own thing. My hubby's ex would flip flop between me being able to help raise him (when he was with us) and telling him I was a horrible person n took his daddy away etc...they were divorced before I even knew him! I spent 3 hours once when he was 5 trying to explain to him that I loved him, his dad loved him and I would never take his dad away. We had gone to visit my parents for 2 weeks and his mother told him I took daddy away, we did not care about him and the only reason we came back was cos she made his dad return to see him..ugh..n that is just the tip of it. ..drama driven lady...he has been through a lot w her to the point that we considered going to court for custody. So, he n I are close but I feel not the way it should be. But I do what I can n he knows I love him.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
WOW!! Great story.

I can't help it... I have to post a picture. I still can't believe I got my dream dude. I mean... it's like the movies - you see this super cute dude and then he turns out to be the greatest guy on the planet and I'm super lucky I still pinch myself 16 years later to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Then:
modeldave_zpsccd8809e.jpg

Now:
7BA567C9-1858-4B04-AD31-5CC9F9F1B677-4275-0000027289B3C519.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.