bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Ours is boring.... Lewis move here in 2000 from Chicago to take a job where we both currently work, we were in a group of friends, got to know each other and started dating. the end ;D

oh mine is the same as yours lol just add mutual friends to mine!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oh mine is the same as yours lol just add mutual friends to mine!

Compated to all these others... We are WAY too exciting and romantic... Right? : giggle :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@JennieS My story does not fit me at all. There's a lot of hurt feelings to this day because of what happened, and it upsets me to no end that she can't forgive. At the same time, I know I deserve it. Lots of guilt.

What was worse was, we flew to Vegas on a Friday morning and got married on Saturday. Called my parents Saturday evening to let them know we did it! My mom "sounded" so happy she cried. Flew back Sunday night and Monday morning my mom calls and tells me my grandmother (her mother), died Friday morning right after I had left for the airport. She didn't want to let me know because she had a feeling we were getting married and didn't want me to cancel. So when I called Saturday, she didn't tell me because she didn't want to ruin my wedding day.

It was very bitter sweet. My grandmother died on August 20th 2004. I got married August 21st 2004 and never knew she had passed. Some family members felt I deserved it.

Well thats a pretty crappy way to feel. How on earth did you deserve it?? I can agree that it might not have been an ideal situation but clearly your cousin should realize that it would not have worked out for them anyway. You guys have a happy marriage which these days is a feat in of it self. she should be happy for you. Sheesh time to move on already.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welllll, as always I have a story......lol. I was living in South Beach Florida managing a bar (I have been a bartender 20 years) I was in a very sick relationship and wanting out so bad but just couldn't leave it. My sister and her husband were snowbirds here in Bradenton Fl. My sister is a nurse. My sister blew her back and one of the top spinal surgeons it out of Tampa about 45 min from here. She knew I wasen't happy and decided to have her surgery done here instead of Ohio. She called and ask me if I could possibly take leave and come stay with her and take care of her while she healed. Minimum time would be 6 months. Everything paid for. Soooo......

I took a one year leave of absence from my job, left my sick relationship and moved to Bradenton Fl. to take care of my sister, I swore to myself I would NOT date for One year so that I could take care of her and heal myself from the sick relationship. I moved in with her and took very good care of her, about 4 months into it I became bored as she was getting along better, I took a job bartending nights about 2 miles from where I was living. NUMBER ONE RULE OF BARTENDING, You DO NOT date a customer.....

In the 11th month of me living here and one month to go til I moved back to South Beach to manage the bar again, this guy started coming in my bar, he was VERY shy, but I slowly got to know and like him. He was in the middle of a divorce and transferred here to FL. to get away from his wife and start a new life. After about 3 weeks of getting to know him and I knew he liked me, I was the one that finally ask him if he would like to go get a drink after my shift. He turned me down!! I thought "asshole"...but a few days later he came in to my bar and ask me out on a "Proper date" Dinner. He did not want to just hang out with me over a drink. I went, I swear it was love at first site for me.

From that day on we spent every day together that we could, I extended my trip back to south beach because I knew I had something good here. We dated 4 months when he ask me to marry him. Now mind you I had been divorced for 16 years and swore I would never re-marry, he had been divorced one week (but not lived with her in months) We were planning a nice beach causal wedding I was 45, but then my family got involved and started planning it for me. He called me on a Wednesday, ask me to elope to Vegas, we flew out Friday, got married Saturday, and flew home Sunday and went back to work Monday. LMAO!!! We did take a honeymoon 6 months later. We have been married almost 5 years, we have had our ups and downs from really not knowing each other that much and both of us having baggage, hell we weren't 20 year olds. But over all I know this will be the man I will be with til the end. And I know he feels the same way. The End!! LOL

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I think everyone knows my story by now lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I met my wife on a blind date on June 6th 1992. I was 19 and in my aviation school for the Marines and my future wife was 18 and on summer break before her senior year of high school. I was definitely not looking for anything serious as I had only recent;y came out of a long term engagement to my high school sweetheart. Anywho... I buddy had a date with a girl who had a friend with a car and he asked me to go. I told him no because i had to study for a big test that I needed to pass the next day so I could get out of remedial school on Saturdays and get my weekends back. Well... I finally gave in when he said he would buy me a few cases of beer and the thought or me not having to drive him around was an added bonus. The night we had was amazing. It wasn't so much what we did as it was the simplicity of it all. I am one that like to go over the top with things not because i feel that i have to but because I want to and just chilling at a pool hall was a nice change of pace. Things were awkward at first but as the night went on we started opening up to each other more and more. Around midnight we dropped my buddy and her friend off and we went back to her place and talked all night long. Before i knew it 6am was upon us and i had to be at school in 30 minutes. So much for studying but i still passed my test..... Anyhow we continued to see each other every day as much as we could for the next few weeks before and for our official first date I actually put my Dress Blues on. Sadly I had to have the hard conversation with her that I would be leaving in a few months once i was finished with school. To my surprise she proposed to me at that time. Naturally her dad and stepmom were hesitant at first but they could see the love, but her mom hated me from the get go because I was a Marine. When all was said and done in 3 short week we managed to put our wedding together and we got married July 31st 1992 and will celebrate 22 years this year. This is the abridged version and there is more to the story with some of it is in my title change thread if you are really interested. lol

Yep, I'm interested. I'll be finding that thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Welllll, as always I have a story......lol. I was living in South Beach Florida managing a bar (I have been a bartender 20 years) I was in a very sick relationship and wanting out so bad but just couldn't leave it. My sister and her husband were snowbirds here in Bradenton Fl. My sister is a nurse. My sister blew her back and one of the top spinal surgeons it out of Tampa about 45 min from here. She knew I wasen't happy and decided to have her surgery done here instead of Ohio. She called and ask me if I could possibly take leave and come stay with her and take care of her while she healed. Minimum time would be 6 months. Everything paid for. Soooo......

I took a one year leave of absence from my job, left my sick relationship and moved to Bradenton Fl. to take care of my sister, I swore to myself I would NOT date for One year so that I could take care of her and heal myself from the sick relationship. I moved in with her and took very good care of her, about 4 months into it I became bored as she was getting along better, I took a job bartending nights about 2 miles from where I was living. NUMBER ONE RULE OF BARTENDING, You DO NOT date a customer.....

In the 11th month of me living here and one month to go til I moved back to South Beach to manage the bar again, this guy started coming in my bar, he was VERY shy, but I slowly got to know and like him. He was in the middle of a divorce and transferred here to FL. to get away from his wife and start a new life. After about 3 weeks of getting to know him and I knew he liked me, I was the one that finally ask him if he would like to go get a drink after my shift. He turned me down!! I thought "asshole"...but a few days later he came in to my bar and ask me out on a "Proper date" Dinner. He did not want to just hang out with me over a drink. I went, I swear it was love at first site for me.

From that day on we spent every day together that we could, I extended my trip back to south beach because I knew I had something good here. We dated 4 months when he ask me to marry him. Now mind you I had been divorced for 16 years and swore I would never re-marry, he had been divorced one week (but not lived with her in months) We were planning a nice beach causal wedding I was 45, but then my family got involved and started planning it for me. He called me on a Wednesday, ask me to elope to Vegas, we flew out Friday, got married Saturday, and flew home Sunday and went back to work Monday. LMAO!!! We did take a honeymoon 6 months later. We have been married almost 5 years, we have had our ups and downs from really not knowing each other that much and both of us having baggage, hell we weren't 20 year olds. But over all I know this will be the man I will be with til the end. And I know he feels the same way. The End!! LOL

I love it!!! What happiness!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I love all of your love stories :) hopefully I'll have a story of my own one day!

I actually met my bf while on a date with another guy while we were at a concert haha oops. We were with a group of people and my now bf's friend knew the people I was with. I felt bad for the other guy I was with at first but we've been together almost 3 years, live together and have a perfect pup. What's meant to be will be right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@JennieS My story does not fit me at all. There's a lot of hurt feelings to this day because of what happened, and it upsets me to no end that she can't forgive. At the same time, I know I deserve it. Lots of guilt.

What was worse was, we flew to Vegas on a Friday morning and got married on Saturday. Called my parents Saturday evening to let them know we did it! My mom "sounded" so happy she cried. Flew back Sunday night and Monday morning my mom calls and tells me my grandmother (her mother), died Friday morning right after I had left for the airport. She didn't want to let me know because she had a feeling we were getting married and didn't want me to cancel. So when I called Saturday, she didn't tell me because she didn't want to ruin my wedding day.

It was very bitter sweet. My grandmother died on August 20th 2004. I got married August 21st 2004 and never knew she had passed. Some family members felt I deserved it.

Oh my dear friend, it hurts my heart reading YOU "know I deserve it"...NO, you don't!
Your cousin? Let it go already, it wasn't meant to be, guess they coulda got married, had
kids, got divorced....LOTS of broken dreams and broken people...REALLY? Especially wrong
since y'all have proven it IS true love.

It's tragic your grandmother died but Hun, my Hubby dropped dead beside me without us
saying goodbye. The more important thing is that she knew you loved her WHILE alive. It's
like...don't bring flowers to my funeral, bring them while I can see, smell & enjoy them :)
Life is for the living, please, drop any guilt & those that can't/won't forgive? Drop them too.
The Bible makes very clear, no forgiveness (even of yourself) is a big problem and hinders
your spiritual growth and harms your soul...just let it all go, not deserved and BE HAPPY <3

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
You guys are all so interesting...my story is a little dull...and maybe a little weird. I was old...let's see 41. Had been in a couple of relationships...none of them what I would describe as "good". Never married - traveled so much for work...London, Chicago, Sydney, St. Louis...was kind of crazy. So...I put an ad on match.com (back in the days when it was free...important because we tease Scott that if he had to pay for that ad we never would have me! :D Anyway, I get an email from this guy one day. It starts out..."You sound like a really together, intelligent lady, who deserves a great guy with a six-figure salary and no baggage...I'm not that guy!" Well, it cracked me up and he had me at "hello"! But he's a smart guy...would not send me his picture. We emailed for a few weeks...then we talked on the phone for a few weeks. Finally, after he felt that we sort of knew each other, he sent me a photo -- he didn't want to because he said he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He's right...he kind of does. Posed pictures are truly not his forte! He's adorable, but in a posed photo...very deer in the headlights! We finally met after a couple of weeks -- in the food court at the local mall. We've been together ever since -- will be 13 years in July. As Scott always says I have "endured" him for all of that time. He's actually the BEST thing that ever happened to me. He was married for a couple of years - his son is a great kid (kid! He's 26 years old now!) I'm actually friends with his ex-wife...nice lady, they just should never have gotten married. Not sure we will ever get married - he has his house, I have mine -- but I know we will always be together. HE is the reason I have Dudley. He knew I loved EBDs and started a campaign that lasted nearly 10 years...buying me bulldog calendars, mugs, photos...anything he could think of....he wore me down. The day we picked Dudley up...he was out of the car before I even had it parked! Dudley ADORES his Daddy...and so do I!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You guys are all so interesting...my story is a little dull...and maybe a little weird. I was old...let's see 41. Had been in a couple of relationships...none of them what I would describe as "good". Never married - traveled so much for work...London, Chicago, Sydney, St. Louis...was kind of crazy. So...I put an ad on match.com (back in the days when it was free...important because we tease Scott that if he had to pay for that ad we never would have me! :D Anyway, I get an email from this guy one day. It starts out..."You sound like a really together, intelligent lady, who deserves a great guy with a six-figure salary and no baggage...I'm not that guy!" Well, it cracked me up and he had me at "hello"! But he's a smart guy...would not send me his picture. We emailed for a few weeks...then we talked on the phone for a few weeks. Finally, after he felt that we sort of knew each other, he sent me a photo -- he didn't want to because he said he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He's right...he kind of does. Posed pictures are truly not his forte! He's adorable, but in a posed photo...very deer in the headlights! We finally met after a couple of weeks -- in the food court at the local mall. We've been together ever since -- will be 13 years in July. As Scott always says I have "endured" him for all of that time. He's actually the BEST thing that ever happened to me. He was married for a couple of years - his son is a great kid (kid! He's 26 years old now!) I'm actually friends with his ex-wife...nice lady, they just should never have gotten married. Not sure we will ever get married - he has his house, I have mine -- but I know we will always be together. HE is the reason I have Dudley. He knew I loved EBDs and started a campaign that lasted nearly 10 years...buying me bulldog calendars, mugs, photos...anything he could think of....he wore me down. The day we picked Dudley up...he was out of the car before I even had it parked! Dudley ADORES his Daddy...and so do I!

Aww I love your story Kathleen... Especially the e-mail that Scott send you, that is hilarious!!! Sounds like you two are perfect for each other ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
GOD bless everyone who shared their stories with us, I loved EVERY one!
The quiet, no drama ones just as much as the fireworks, love at 1st sights.
Love and being loved, lifts us up, gives us hope & just makes us better people.
Truly, a great, great thread...Thank you all. <3

Most Reactions