How did you meet?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Reading [MENTION=5404]dalmatina38[/MENTION] story of how she met her husband got me to wondering how everyone else here met their spouse/significant other. I love hearing the stories of how people met. Anyone care to share?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Mine is well, a bit of a family scandal..lol

I met my hubs through to my cousin.

She invited me to go out with her one night, and the evening started off at the apartment of my future hubs and his roommate. They used to do Thursday night parties, where a bunch of people would get together at their place, have a few drinks, or a lot of drinks..lol, then go to a restaurant.
When I first saw him, I was blown away (hubs is really good looking), but umm.. my cousin was "involved" with him (in a very carnal way if you know I mean). But based on what she said, it wasn't serious at all. Turns out, she had more feelings for him than she lead me to believe.

Anyway, it was really love at first sight with us. The drama that followed though.. ugh. But we're married now, very happy, and that's all that matters. My cousin and I though.. well, that's another story.
I understand her point of view, but when something's meant to be- it will be no matter how hard you try and fight it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We met in 1986, I was sixteen and he was eighteen living in different towns and we met through mutual friends. He was interested in my friend and I was interested in his so that is why we were all hanging out. Well his friend was a jerk and we decided that we liked each other and the rest is history. We have been together everyday since. My friend wasn't too happy but she turned out to be a jerk also so who cares. I got the prize!!! I had a "boyfriend" at the time who was away on a ski trip, but we were really just close friends so I made sure he understood when he got home that I had met someone else who I knew would be very important in my life and he graciously bowed out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ours is boring.... Lewis move here in 2000 from Chicago to take a job where we both currently work, we were in a group of friends, got to know each other and started dating. the end ;D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I met my husband is high school 9th gradeā€¦ we were in World Geography class together. I thought he was "weird" and we used to make fun of each all the timeā€¦ LOL Fast forward to 11th gradeā€¦ I had a friend who was talking about this "cute guy" that she liked in gym class, we were watching him swim during gym. I was like "OMG I know himā€¦ LOL". We actually started hanging out together w/a large group of friends, and he asked me out!!! We dated thru HS, and then my family moved to Atlanta my senior year. We broke up of courseā€¦ he joined the Army, and I went to college but we would still keep in touch even though we were dating other people. For some reason he came to visit me on one of his Army breaks and we decided we were meant to beā€¦ and we got engaged. The deal was I was going to finish college, and he was going to West Point. Well he found out that you can't be married and attend West Point, so he decided he didn't want to be an Army officer anyway. Then he got orders to Alaskaā€¦ we were crushed. So we decided to go ahead and get married, so I could go w/him to Alaska. My parents were crushed of course, but we got married (I was only 19 at the timeā€¦ and NO I wasn't pregnant!!! LOL) and we moved to Alaska. One of the craziest things that I have EVER done, but one of the BEST decisions I have ever made. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year!!! :heart:

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I met my husband is high school 9th gradeā€¦ we were in World Geography class together. I thought he was "weird" and we used to make fun of each all the timeā€¦ LOL Fast forward to 11th gradeā€¦ I had a friend who was talking about this "cute guy" that she liked in gym class, we were watching him swim during gym. I was like "OMG I know himā€¦ LOL". We actually started hanging out together w/a large group of friends, and he asked me out!!! We dated thru HS, and then my family moved to Atlanta my senior year. We broke up of courseā€¦ he joined the Army, and I went to college but we would still keep in touch even though we were dating other people. For some reason he came to visit me on one of his Army breaks and we decided we were meant to beā€¦ and we got engaged. The deal was I was going to finish college, and he was going to West Point. Well he found out that you can't be married and attend West Point, so he decided he didn't want to be an Army officer anyway. Then he got orders to Alaskaā€¦ we were crushed. So we decided to go ahead and get married, so I could go w/him to Alaska. My parents were crushed of course, but we got married (I was only 19 at the timeā€¦ and NO I wasn't pregnant!!! LOL) and we moved to Alaska. One of the craziest things that I have EVER done, but one of the BEST decisions I have ever made. We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary last year!!! :heart:

Aww..that's a great story. When it's meant to be nothing else matters. Same with my hubby we will celebrate 24 yrs this October.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Reading @dalmatina38 story of how she met her husband got me to wondering how everyone else here met their spouse/significant other. I love hearing the stories of how people met. Anyone care to share?

hmm.. how come you haven't posted how you met your significant other? :tongue:

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OK [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION], Here it is. I just like hearing other people's :)

I met my husband in 2006. It was Friday of memorial day weekend, I remember because everyone goes out of town here in KY to go to Lake Cumberland. I was supposed to go to the lake too and was waiting on my friend, but an accident shut down the highway. It was nuts here. I couldn't even get out of my apartment complex. I was bored and decided just to go get the mail and as I was walking to my mailbox, there was a group of rowdy boys sitting on the sidewalk just drinking. As I was walking back one of them yelled at me to come have a drink with them. I ignored him, you have to realize though, I've never really dated people, I like just doing what I want, I'm very independent and just flat out was not interested, especially in the "look" of these guys LOL. Shallow I know. But, they were Kentucky redneck's LOL. not my type. The one kept yelling at me to come have a beer and I just ignored and kept walking. He finally said "F*** you then B***". well that got my attention cause I was MAD. There was no reason for anyone to call me that. So I swung my head around and yelled "What did you just say?" and his face softened and said "Would you like a drink?" I said "ok". We became fast friends, liked to party and hang out, we fought a lot cause I wasn't ready to give in. We both say he stalked me until I caved, which is true. But we fought...constantly, two stubborn, independent people at each others throats. Finally one day we had enough of it, sat down and said, either be together or not. And we stayed together. We got engaged about 6 months into dating and waiting until 2009 to get married. To this day, I still have his phone number under Searp(our last name) which is what everyone calls him. He says he knew the moment he saw me walk out of my apartment that he was going to marry me and had to get my attention, which is why he cursed at me. I was everything he ever wanted. And he's everything I ever wanted and I'm glad I didn't settle for anything less, turns out he was just my type!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww..that's a great story. When it's meant to be nothing else matters. Same with my hubby we will celebrate 24 yrs this October.
Congratulations on your Anniversary!!!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK @Blueberrys Mom, Here it is. I just like hearing other people's :)

I met my husband in 2006. It was Friday of memorial day weekend, I remember because everyone goes out of town here in KY to go to Lake Cumberland. I was supposed to go to the lake too and was waiting on my friend, but an accident shut down the highway. It was nuts here. I couldn't even get out of my apartment complex. I was bored and decided just to go get the mail and as I was walking to my mailbox, there was a group of rowdy boys sitting on the sidewalk just drinking. As I was walking back one of them yelled at me to come have a drink with them. I ignored him, you have to realize though, I've never really dated people, I like just doing what I want, I'm very independent and just flat out was not interested, especially in the "look" of these guys LOL. Shallow I know. But, they were Kentucky redneck's LOL. not my type. The one kept yelling at me to come have a beer and I just ignored and kept walking. He finally said "F*** you then B***". well that got my attention cause I was MAD. There was no reason for anyone to call me that. So I swung my head around and yelled "What did you just say?" and his face softened and said "Would you like a drink?" I said "ok". We became fast friends, liked to party and hang out, we fought a lot cause I wasn't ready to give in. We both say he stalked me until I caved, which is true. But we fought...constantly, two stubborn, independent people at each others throats. Finally one day we had enough of it, sat down and said, either be together or not. And we stayed together. We got engaged about 6 months into dating and waiting until 2009 to get married. To this day, I still have his phone number under Searp(our last name) which is what everyone calls him. He says he knew the moment he saw me walk out of my apartment that he was going to marry me and had to get my attention, which is why he cursed at me. I was everything he ever wanted. And he's everything I ever wanted and I'm glad I didn't settle for anything less, turns out he was just my type!
How in the heck did you think you would get away with keeping this story to yourself?? That is a true love classic!!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
How in the heck did you think you would get away with keeping this story to yourself?? That is a true love classic!!
LOL. I just like hearing other people tell their stories. I guess it's seeing the love fill up their faces and how happy it makes people. And the stories usually fit the people so well.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] My story does not fit me at all. There's a lot of hurt feelings to this day because of what happened, and it upsets me to no end that she can't forgive. At the same time, I know I deserve it. Lots of guilt.

What was worse was, we flew to Vegas on a Friday morning and got married on Saturday. Called my parents Saturday evening to let them know we did it! My mom "sounded" so happy she cried. Flew back Sunday night and Monday morning my mom calls and tells me my grandmother (her mother), died Friday morning right after I had left for the airport. She didn't want to let me know because she had a feeling we were getting married and didn't want me to cancel. So when I called Saturday, she didn't tell me because she didn't want to ruin my wedding day.

It was very bitter sweet. My grandmother died on August 20th 2004. I got married August 21st 2004 and never knew she had passed. Some family members felt I deserved it.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
@JennieS My story does not fit me at all. There's a lot of hurt feelings to this day because of what happened, and it upsets me to no end that she can't forgive. At the same time, I know I deserve it. Lots of guilt.

What was worse was, we flew to Vegas on a Friday morning and got married on Saturday. Called my parents Saturday evening to let them know we did it! My mom "sounded" so happy she cried. Flew back Sunday night and Monday morning my mom calls and tells me my grandmother (her mother), died Friday morning right after I had left for the airport. She didn't want to let me know because she had a feeling we were getting married and didn't want me to cancel. So when I called Saturday, she didn't tell me because she didn't want to ruin my wedding day.

It was very bitter sweet. My grandmother died on August 20th 2004. I got married August 21st 2004 and never knew she had passed. Some family members felt I deserved it.
Oh I hope I didn't upset you, that was not my intention. I'm sorry you have to endure such heartache.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Oh no, you didn't upset me. I just get a little shaken up whenever I think about everything that happened. My own fault for not being able to let it go. :)

But anyway, thanks for sharing your story. It was definitely meant to be for you guys. :D

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I met my wife on a blind date on June 6th 1992. I was 19 and in my aviation school for the Marines and my future wife was 18 and on summer break before her senior year of high school. I was definitely not looking for anything serious as I had only recent;y came out of a long term engagement to my high school sweetheart. Anywho... I buddy had a date with a girl who had a friend with a car and he asked me to go. I told him no because i had to study for a big test that I needed to pass the next day so I could get out of remedial school on Saturdays and get my weekends back. Well... I finally gave in when he said he would buy me a few cases of beer and the thought or me not having to drive him around was an added bonus. The night we had was amazing. It wasn't so much what we did as it was the simplicity of it all. I am one that like to go over the top with things not because i feel that i have to but because I want to and just chilling at a pool hall was a nice change of pace. Things were awkward at first but as the night went on we started opening up to each other more and more. Around midnight we dropped my buddy and her friend off and we went back to her place and talked all night long. Before i knew it 6am was upon us and i had to be at school in 30 minutes. So much for studying but i still passed my test..... Anyhow we continued to see each other every day as much as we could for the next few weeks before and for our official first date I actually put my Dress Blues on. Sadly I had to have the hard conversation with her that I would be leaving in a few months once i was finished with school. To my surprise she proposed to me at that time. Naturally her dad and stepmom were hesitant at first but they could see the love, but her mom hated me from the get go because I was a Marine. When all was said and done in 3 short week we managed to put our wedding together and we got married July 31st 1992 and will celebrate 22 years this year. This is the abridged version and there is more to the story with some of it is in my title change thread if you are really interested. lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online