Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How did you meet?

I was in NYC, he was in Florida. We actually met online in some chat room in 1997. I was 30. He was staying at his parents as he had gone through a divorce and was getting back in his feet, We became chat buddies online for many months, then moved to email, then talking on phone. That went on for awhile, we really enjoyed just talking n being friends. Feelings had def developed between us, even though we were friends n both dating others. One day we talked about meeting. It was a bit scary though..so, I was reluctant at first. I spoke w his mom many times, who seemed really nice. I got super stressed w things in my life and decided screw it. I'm taking a trip. I gave all his info - address, phone number, full description etc- to my friend as well as my parents...just in case....I booked a trip for a week, met him at the airport and it was just an instant click between us. We spent a time with his family as well as on our own. We just got along so well, it felt like we had known each other forever and were just suppose to be together. When I left for home, we continued our long distance relationship for a bit n I got a bug up my butt to move there and pursue this fully. Very impulsive, yes, but I felt like I had to follow my heart. I was tired of my job, (as much as I love NYC n my folks), just wanted a scenery change. He was all for it, but my family was not thrilled. They actually made me speak w a psychiatrist to discuss my decision to see if I was being too impulsive. I went along w if as I knew they were just concerned for me but I was going one way or another. So, the psychiatrist said it sounded like I thought it through and even though it was a bit impulsive, it wasn't a bad idea to let me go n explore my life elsewhere. So, I got a job, found a place n moved. Things got heated pretty quick w us and before I knew it, we were living together. He has a son from previous marriage so I went through some trials w his ex just showing up to check on things when their son was w us. He was 3 at the time, so understandable, but she was a pita. Still is actually...lol anyway, in 2000 he popped the question, I said yes n we have been together since. We celebrate our 14th anniversary Feb 14.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Pati, this sounds like a great romantic one... more details? Pllleeeaassse?
    I AGREE… we need more details on this one… LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    Ae you kidding me? NOW THAT's a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing.
    I agree… this story had me on the edge of my seat!!! LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Pati, this sounds like a great romantic one... more details? Pllleeeaassse?
    Not really a romantic story ,he asked for a job ,my brother felt sorry for him-i didnt like him at all -eventually i started to see the real man behind all his problems and fallen in love with him xx there is quite big age gap between us-but i cant help it when i love someone
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabear123 View Post
    I was in NYC, he was in Florida. We actually met online in some chat room in 1997. I was 30. He was staying at his parents as he had gone through a divorce and was getting back in his feet, We became chat buddies online for many months, then moved to email, then talking on phone. That went on for awhile, we really enjoyed just talking n being friends. Feelings had def developed between us, even though we were friends n both dating others. One day we talked about meeting. It was a bit scary though..so, I was reluctant at first. I spoke w his mom many times, who seemed really nice. I got super stressed w things in my life and decided screw it. I'm taking a trip. I gave all his info - address, phone number, full description etc- to my friend as well as my parents...just in case....I booked a trip for a week, met him at the airport and it was just an instant click between us. We spent a time with his family as well as on our own. We just got along so well, it felt like we had known each other forever and were just suppose to be together. When I left for home, we continued our long distance relationship for a bit n I got a bug up my butt to move there and pursue this fully. Very impulsive, yes, but I felt like I had to follow my heart. I was tired of my job, (as much as I love NYC n my folks), just wanted a scenery change. He was all for it, but my family was not thrilled. They actually made me speak w a psychiatrist to discuss my decision to see if I was being too impulsive. I went along w if as I knew they were just concerned for me but I was going one way or another. So, the psychiatrist said it sounded like I thought it through and even though it was a bit impulsive, it wasn't a bad idea to let me go n explore my life elsewhere. So, I got a job, found a place n moved. Things got heated pretty quick w us and before I knew it, we were living together. He has a son from previous marriage so I went through some trials w his ex just showing up to check on things when their son was w us. He was 3 at the time, so understandable, but she was a pita. Still is actually...lol anyway, in 2000 he popped the question, I said yes n we have been together since. We celebrate our 14th anniversary Feb 14.
    GREAT STORY!!! I have pain ex wife also..LOL. That is what caused most of the issues with brian and I, was her and their daughter. I didn't want and still don't want kids. I never wanted to even date a man with kids, he has a daughter and he was persistent. It was very hard for me. His daughter and I are very close now. The ex-wife....eh, girl has issues. LOL.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    Not really a romantic story ,he asked for a job ,my brother felt sorry for him-i didnt like him at all -eventually i started to see the real man behind all his problems and fallen in love with him xx there is quite big age gap between us-but i cant help it when i love someone
    That is so touching

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    GREAT STORY!!! I have pain ex wife also..LOL. That is what caused most of the issues with brian and I, was her and their daughter. I didn't want and still don't want kids. I never wanted to even date a man with kids, he has a daughter and he was persistent. It was very hard for me. His daughter and I are very close now. The ex-wife....eh, girl has issues. LOL.
    Lol I used to be very close w my stepson but things got a bit weird over the years. He is 17 now, n doing his own thing. My hubby's ex would flip flop between me being able to help raise him (when he was with us) and telling him I was a horrible person n took his daddy away etc...they were divorced before I even knew him! I spent 3 hours once when he was 5 trying to explain to him that I loved him, his dad loved him and I would never take his dad away. We had gone to visit my parents for 2 weeks and his mother told him I took daddy away, we did not care about him and the only reason we came back was cos she made his dad return to see him..ugh..n that is just the tip of it. ..drama driven lady...he has been through a lot w her to the point that we considered going to court for custody. So, he n I are close but I feel not the way it should be. But I do what I can n he knows I love him.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    Ae you kidding me? NOW THAT's a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing.
    WOW!! Great story.
    My smooshy face boy!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    WOW!! Great story.
    I can't help it... I have to post a picture. I still can't believe I got my dream dude. I mean... it's like the movies - you see this super cute dude and then he turns out to be the greatest guy on the planet and I'm super lucky I still pinch myself 16 years later to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Then:

Now:

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I met my husband for the first time when I was 15 and out on a date with my boyfriend at the time when he invited a few of his mates to come to the Pizza hut for tea too.

Silly Boy

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

All these stories are sooooo cute
    Well I had just gotten out of a relationship( been with the guy for a few years and he lived two states away, we finally decided to move in together...Which meant I was gonna move to be with him. Started packing my stuff, moved some stuff out there and put my resignation in at my job. The Wednesday before my last day which was 2 days later he broke up with me.... Over the most stupid thing. I was a wreck!!! And I had to call and beg for my job back and then the f*cker had the nerve to call me back that weekend telling me he had made a mistake. I told him to F*ck off) and I thought I would try online dating.....And so I did. Met some interesting guys...Some that ended up being just friends and some weirdos and then Matt..He was not my type. When he messaged me I was kinda like ehhh, not that he wasnt attractive but just not my type lol. Well he met me up at the bar one night while I was out with some friends. He comes to set down and hes this big ol muscle-y dude.... So Im figuring he would be rough around the edges..... He was quiet and shy the whole time!! I am so not like that, I can be loud and very outgoing. And I am a touchy feely type of person, so while we are talking I had touched his arm and I got the weirdest vibe from him like I had done something wrong....lol I was like oh great I scared this poor boy. Told my friends that I would give him one more chance to see if he would open up.... We went to the movies the next time we went out, just the 2 of us and he said all the wrong things....lol But it was cute cause I had made him nervous And after that he stole my heart <3 I still look at us sometimes and think we look mis matched but I dont care, we love each other dearly.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I met my husband through a mutual friend in high school, my friend Allen was two years older than me, and his brother was my age, we lived in the same complex, and went to the same high school. Allen was also,friends with my husband Mitch, who is three years older than me, but he went to a different high school than me. One weekend my best friend Debbie (who's mom was away in England, and her uncle was supposed to be watching the house and her siblings, but didn't do such a hot job of that), told her uncle that she was sleeping at my house, and I told my mom I was sleeping over at her house. My friend Al and a couple of other people went to a bar in Oakville, it had a rock band upstairs, it had a disco on the middle floor, and an outside patio. It was Mitch's birthday and he had also come along. We ended sitting beside each other all night, and Mitch had a best friend named Rob, who ended up with my friend Debbie. We stayed at the bar until it closed, then we drove around, ended up at a McDonalds, ate, and then went to the all night Scooter Palace which was a roller skating place. We rented some roller skates, and then Debbie and I ended up in the ladies washroom, Debbie fell flat on her face on the concrete floor in the bathroom and landed on her arm. We went back out to the guys, and continued to skate until about 5:00 in the morning. The guys drove us home, and Mitch asked for my phone number. When we got back to Debbie's place her arm was so swollen, and her uncle took one look at it, and knew it was broken. He took us to the emergency department and they set her broken wrist. The next day Mitch and his friend Rob showed up at Debbie's house, and the four of us became couples. Rob and Debbie broke up after about a month of dating, and Mitch and I stayed together. We have been together for 35 years, and we had 3 kids together, we lived together all these years, and recently just got married in Jamaica last April. He is still my love, and my best friend.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads