Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How did you meet?

I love all of your love stories hopefully I'll have a story of my own one day!

I actually met my bf while on a date with another guy while we were at a concert haha oops. We were with a group of people and my now bf's friend knew the people I was with. I felt bad for the other guy I was with at first but we've been together almost 3 years, live together and have a perfect pup. What's meant to be will be right?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    @JennieS My story does not fit me at all. There's a lot of hurt feelings to this day because of what happened, and it upsets me to no end that she can't forgive. At the same time, I know I deserve it. Lots of guilt.

What was worse was, we flew to Vegas on a Friday morning and got married on Saturday. Called my parents Saturday evening to let them know we did it! My mom "sounded" so happy she cried. Flew back Sunday night and Monday morning my mom calls and tells me my grandmother (her mother), died Friday morning right after I had left for the airport. She didn't want to let me know because she had a feeling we were getting married and didn't want me to cancel. So when I called Saturday, she didn't tell me because she didn't want to ruin my wedding day.

It was very bitter sweet. My grandmother died on August 20th 2004. I got married August 21st 2004 and never knew she had passed. Some family members felt I deserved it.
    Oh my dear friend, it hurts my heart reading YOU "know I deserve it"...NO, you don't!
    Your cousin? Let it go already, it wasn't meant to be, guess they coulda got married, had
    kids, got divorced....LOTS of broken dreams and broken people...REALLY? Especially wrong
    since y'all have proven it IS true love.

It's tragic your grandmother died but Hun, my Hubby dropped dead beside me without us
    saying goodbye. The more important thing is that she knew you loved her WHILE alive. It's
    like...don't bring flowers to my funeral, bring them while I can see, smell & enjoy them
    Life is for the living, please, drop any guilt & those that can't/won't forgive? Drop them too.
    The Bible makes very clear, no forgiveness (even of yourself) is a big problem and hinders
    your spiritual growth and harms your soul...just let it all go, not deserved and BE HAPPY <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

You guys are all so interesting...my story is a little dull...and maybe a little weird. I was old...let's see 41. Had been in a couple of relationships...none of them what I would describe as "good". Never married - traveled so much for work...London, Chicago, Sydney, St. Louis...was kind of crazy. So...I put an ad on match.com (back in the days when it was free...important because we tease Scott that if he had to pay for that ad we never would have me! Anyway, I get an email from this guy one day. It starts out..."You sound like a really together, intelligent lady, who deserves a great guy with a six-figure salary and no baggage...I'm not that guy!" Well, it cracked me up and he had me at "hello"! But he's a smart guy...would not send me his picture. We emailed for a few weeks...then we talked on the phone for a few weeks. Finally, after he felt that we sort of knew each other, he sent me a photo -- he didn't want to because he said he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He's right...he kind of does. Posed pictures are truly not his forte! He's adorable, but in a posed photo...very deer in the headlights! We finally met after a couple of weeks -- in the food court at the local mall. We've been together ever since -- will be 13 years in July. As Scott always says I have "endured" him for all of that time. He's actually the BEST thing that ever happened to me. He was married for a couple of years - his son is a great kid (kid! He's 26 years old now!) I'm actually friends with his ex-wife...nice lady, they just should never have gotten married. Not sure we will ever get married - he has his house, I have mine -- but I know we will always be together. HE is the reason I have Dudley. He knew I loved EBDs and started a campaign that lasted nearly 10 years...buying me bulldog calendars, mugs, photos...anything he could think of....he wore me down. The day we picked Dudley up...he was out of the car before I even had it parked! Dudley ADORES his Daddy...and so do I!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    You guys are all so interesting...my story is a little dull...and maybe a little weird. I was old...let's see 41. Had been in a couple of relationships...none of them what I would describe as "good". Never married - traveled so much for work...London, Chicago, Sydney, St. Louis...was kind of crazy. So...I put an ad on match.com (back in the days when it was free...important because we tease Scott that if he had to pay for that ad we never would have me! Anyway, I get an email from this guy one day. It starts out..."You sound like a really together, intelligent lady, who deserves a great guy with a six-figure salary and no baggage...I'm not that guy!" Well, it cracked me up and he had me at "hello"! But he's a smart guy...would not send me his picture. We emailed for a few weeks...then we talked on the phone for a few weeks. Finally, after he felt that we sort of knew each other, he sent me a photo -- he didn't want to because he said he looks like a deer caught in headlights. He's right...he kind of does. Posed pictures are truly not his forte! He's adorable, but in a posed photo...very deer in the headlights! We finally met after a couple of weeks -- in the food court at the local mall. We've been together ever since -- will be 13 years in July. As Scott always says I have "endured" him for all of that time. He's actually the BEST thing that ever happened to me. He was married for a couple of years - his son is a great kid (kid! He's 26 years old now!) I'm actually friends with his ex-wife...nice lady, they just should never have gotten married. Not sure we will ever get married - he has his house, I have mine -- but I know we will always be together. HE is the reason I have Dudley. He knew I loved EBDs and started a campaign that lasted nearly 10 years...buying me bulldog calendars, mugs, photos...anything he could think of....he wore me down. The day we picked Dudley up...he was out of the car before I even had it parked! Dudley ADORES his Daddy...and so do I!
    Aww I love your story Kathleen... Especially the e-mail that Scott send you, that is hilarious!!! Sounds like you two are perfect for each other ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

GOD bless everyone who shared their stories with us, I loved EVERY one!
    The quiet, no drama ones just as much as the fireworks, love at 1st sights.
    Love and being loved, lifts us up, gives us hope & just makes us better people.
    Truly, a great, great thread...Thank you all. <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I meet my hubby while i was homeless and asking my brother for a job -as a ex serviceman with PTSD it is not an uncommon sight here
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    I meet my hubby while i was homeless and asking my brother for a job -as a ex serviceman with PTSD it is not an uncommon sight here
    Pati, this sounds like a great romantic one... more details? Pllleeeaassse?

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I got a wierd one.

I went to this dance club in the middle of downtown that I've never been to because it is known to be an "emo" place. I didn't like it much because they played things like "Machinehead"... c'mon, who can dance to that? I was with 2 friends but I was designated driver because I don't drink and they were kinda bored too so we were about to go out when this tall guy came in the door who looked like a god. He had this super blonde hair that glowed in the blacklight and cut really stylish going down to his shoulders. I was floored by how ridiculously handsome he is. He was with another tall guy with black hair so they were like Jedi and Sith... Anyway, I told my friend - I just saw the guy I'm gonna marry. So they ended up staying with me to see if we can get some phone numbers or something. But then I was too chicken to approach them so we just hung out at the dance floor trying to dance to the stupid music...

But then... the tall dark guy comes to me and asks me to dance! I told him - sure, but I'm interested in your friend. He calls his friend and the blonde guy waves him off and goes to sit at the corner surveying the place like he owns it. Anyway, I got to know the dark dude - he is super nice and fun and casually touchy (he's Italian) which is perfect for me because I'm the same... but, I wanted the other guy... but he never came and he looked like he didn't want to be bothered, so I told the Italian dude goodbye and me and my 2 friends leave the club.

So then I'm driving down the freeway at midnight and this black car with super dark tint tailed me! I go 95mph down the freeway and the car stuck to my back... my 2 friends were scared, I was just plain mad (young and stupid, what can I say)... so I pull over to the side of the freeway, he pulls over right behind me, I go out my car and madly rushed to the driver side of the black car about to lay a beating on whoever it is (yes, I didn't care if he had a gun or whatever - yes, young and stupid)... anyway, he lowers the window and lookie here - it's the blonde dude... and he says, "I just want to see if you'd come with us to breakfast." Of course I couldn't speak - the guy was really really cute... so, I just nodded my head, got back in my car, dropped my friends off, and followed him to Denny's... his Italian friend went ghost and we talked and talked and talked until morning...

But then, we didn't really date. Come to find out the guy was a runway model... in New York. 1000 miles away. He comes home for a few weeks then goes back to New York for a gig and he is always followed by a flock of flirty girls, a lot of them works at the strip club, hah! But the Italian dude worked at the local arcade so I became good friends with him. I had tons of friends, he had tons of friends so we hung out constantly like one big group and the blonde dude would grace us with his godly presence... nah, he turned out really cool - he was not uppity snippity at all. He just doesn't like the dating/club scene because of his experiences with the party scene being a runway model (parties are a way to sell your body to get a gig).

Anyway, 2 years later, the blonde guy and I were super good friends by then, just as much as the Italian guy... and he calls me one day and asks me to go with him but not to bring any of my friends. I say okay, he takes me to this place where he asked me to marry him! I said yes (of course), and we got married 2 weeks later. Over 16 years ago.

The end.
    Last edited by anatess; 01-17-2014 at 05:47 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    I got a wierd one.

I went to this dance club in the middle of downtown that I've never been to because it is known to be an "emo" place. I didn't like it much because they played things like "Machinehead"... c'mon, who can dance to that? I was with 2 friends but I was designated driver because I don't drink and they were kinda bored too so we were about to go out when this tall guy came in the door who looked like a god. He had this super blonde hair that glowed in the blacklight and cut really stylish going down to his shoulders. I was floored by how ridiculously handsome he is. He was with another tall guy with black hair so they were like Jedi and Sith... Anyway, I told my friend - I just saw the guy I'm gonna marry. So they ended up staying with me to see if we can get some phone numbers or something. But then I was too chicken to approach them so we just hung out at the dance floor trying to dance to the stupid music...

But then... the tall dark guy comes to me and asks me to dance! I told him - sure, but I'm interested in your friend. He calls his friend and the blonde guy waves him off and goes to sit at the corner surveying the place like he owns it. Anyway, I got to know the dark dude - he is super nice and fun and casually touchy (he's Italian) which is perfect for me because I'm the same... but, I wanted the other guy... but he never came and he looked like he didn't want to be bothered, so I told the Italian dude goodbye and me and my 2 friends leave the club.

So then I'm driving down the freeway at midnight and this black car with super dark tint tailed me! I go 95mph down the freeway and the car stuck to my back... my 2 friends were scared, I was just plain mad (young and stupid, what can I say)... so I pull over to the side of the freeway, he pulls over right behind me, I go out my car and madly rushed to the driver side of the black car about to lay a beating on whoever it is (yes, I didn't care if he had a gun or whatever - yes, young and stupid)... anyway, he lowers the window and lookie here - it's the blonde dude... and he says, "I just want to see if you'd come with us to breakfast." Of course I couldn't speak - the guy was really really cute... so, I just nodded my head, got back in my car, dropped my friends off, and followed him to Denny's... his Italian friend went ghost and we talked and talked and talked until morning...

But then, we didn't really date. Come to find out the guy was a runway model... in New York. 1000 miles away. He comes home for a few weeks then goes back to New York for a gig and he is always followed by a flock of flirty girls, a lot of them works at the strip club, hah! But the Italian dude worked at the local arcade so I became good friends with him. I had tons of friends, he had tons of friends so we hung out constantly like one big group and the blonde dude would grace us with his godly presence... nah, he turned out really cool - he was not uppity snippity at all. He just doesn't like the dating/club scene because of his experiences with the party scene being a runway model (parties are a way to sell your body to get a gig).

Anyway, 2 years later, the blonde guy and I were super good friends by then, just as much as the Italian guy... and he calls me one day and asks me to go with him but not to bring any of my friends. I say okay, he takes me to this place where he asked me to marry him! I said yes (of course), and we got married 2 weeks later. Over 16 years ago.

The end.
    Ae you kidding me? NOW THAT's a GREAT story! Thanks for sharing.

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    You and @2BullyMama ..I know have better stories than that!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    No, seriously. We met at work and hung with the same group of people on Friday night at happy hour. About 6 months after meeting we started dating. :Zzz:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Read few of these last night, love love this thread!

I have a great one on how Mike and I met. Stay tuned.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads