Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey everyone, could you all help me out and send out prayers for my little Grandson tonight? My daughter, her boyfriend, her mother in law, and my 6 year old Grandson left last Monday for a vacation in the Dominican. They have some kind of a bug or flu going through the resort, and the mother in law has been sick in her room for the last 3 days with vomiting and diarrhea, my daughter doesn't have it as bad, but has had a little bit of diarrhea, but my Grandson has been sick for the last 3 days, he has had a fever of 102 and my daughter has been giving him Children's Tylenol every 4 hours, which brings the fever down to 100 or 100.5, but as soon as it wears off, he spikes again. She is setting her cell phone alarm for every 2 hours to check on him, but we are worried. Today he started vomiting, and she's almost out of Tylenol, I'm pretty sure they can find some at the Hotel Store, at least I hope so. She hasn't had any phone service, so it's been hard for her to reach me, so just found out about this last night. I talked to her tonight after trying all day to get through to her phone. He's feeling pretty poopy, and still has a fever. I told her to make sure he is drinking lots, so he doesn't dehydrate. They are coming home tomorrow, but their flight doesn't leave until the evening, and they won't be home until really late, I think around one in the morning, so they still have the night, and a whole day tomorrow, plus the flight home. My daughter says that as soon as the plane lands they are going to take him to the Emergency at the Hospital to get checked out. But it's still a long time off, and he has to travel, I'm so worried about him, I wish he was home already. I can't sleep. I just hope he's okay. Please say a prayer for him tonight, and keep him in your thought. Please God take care if him, and keep him safe.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Many hugs to you and all family. I hope that all feel better soon n your darling grandson gets home soon. The flu outbreaks have begun so hopefully he can get treated, if needed and recovery quickly. Traveling whn sick is so hard, especially having to fly, and especially being a kid on vacation. Poor thing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending out prayers Monica… I'm so sorry!!!

The flu has been going around here w/a vengeance… I got my daughter on that tamiflu over Christmas, and it really helped her get over it. I hope that he starts feeling better real soon… please keep us posted!!! :hug2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PRAYERS are being sent..... hope they all recover quickly and get home safe and sound today

:hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's horrible to happen when they are supposed to be enjoying themselves, your little guy has my prayers for him. I hope they make it home and he gets better quickly.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Will be praying for all to get home safely and feel much better.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh man, sounds like the norovirus. Please tell her to keep him hydrated!! Maybe she can go to a local drugstore and get him their version of pedialyte..

Sending positive vibes!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Praying for your grandson and your family, Monica! I'm so sorry they're going through this and I know how worried you must be. Sending you hugs and prayers.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks everyone, I spoke to my daughter this afternoon before they were leaving for the airport. Their plane is supposed to leave at 4:00 pm, and it's a 4 1/2 hour flight, so they should land in Toronto around 8:30 pm, I'm not sure what the time difference is. I told her to let the airline know that they are sick, and thatbtheynhave a sick child with them, so that when they get off the plane, they will get off first, and won't have to stand in line waiting. They have Park and Fly, so their car is at the airport, they are going to take him straight to the Emergency Department at the Hospital before they go home, to have him checked out. He's had a high fever for 4 days, and started vomiting yesterday. I just worry he's going to dehydrate. My daughter and her hubby are off work for the rest of the week, so will hopefully feel better, her hubby David is the only one that didn't get sick, and my daughter got the diarrhea yesterday, but not half as bad as her mother in law, she was sick in her room for 4 days. What a shitty vacation. I hope they don't have the diarrhea on the plane, or get stuck sitting by the window, and can't get to the bathroom. I'll feel better when I know they're back home, and Kaden has been checked out.

Heres a picture of my little man Kaden. He has my heart.

Kaden, Kaden and Grandpa, Kaden and my nephews, my daughter Danielle, and my niece Lydia, my beautiful girls. One of the nephews is my nieces little boy Leaundro, and the other little boy is my sisters little boy Sean, they are 5, 5, and 6, we also have 2 girls who are 5 years old, and a 2 year old boy, all my brothers kids. They are all cousins.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg