Pain In the Back

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aw geeez, I am so sorry Monica. I'm sure the Condo Association will work out the insurance thing, wish the weather would give you a bit of a break. I hope you feel better after the treatments, you're definitely in my prayers. Hang in there it can only get better.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Again thanks everyone. I woke up this morning fed Dozer and Blossom, had a washroom break, took my thyroid meds, and went back to bed. When I woke up, I had the worst pain in my back since this started 10 days ago, I couldn't move, the pain was paralyzing, it took me over 1/2 an hour to get out of bed, I went to the bathroom, and I couldn't stand, move, walk nothing, the pain was so intense, I felt weak, and was sweating from the pain, and my heart was racing. I tried to call out to my son, his bedroom is in the basement, but he didn't wake up, I phoned my friend up the street, but she has the flu, so couldn't help me, I phoned my sons cell phone and he finally woke up, and came upstairs to help me. He called an ambulance, and they took me to the hospital, they started an IV in the ambulance because they wanted to give me a pain reliever, but they're call to the doctor never got answered so they couldn't give me anything. My back was in excruciating spasms, and I was in tears. When we got to the hospital, it was super busy, with stretchers in every corner. They transferred me to a wheel chair, and brought me over to a section called Raz, which stands for Rapid Assessment Zone thinking I would be seen sooner. I sat there for 3 1/2 hours before I was seen, I was in agony. The doctor ordered X-rays, and gave me a pain killer called Dilaudid, which he says is stronger than morphine. I rarely take Tylenol never mind pills, don't drink, don't drink coffee, don't smoke, so this hit me like a ton of bricks, but it did take the pain away. I'm not sure which was worse the pain, or the medication, I couldn't focus my eyes, blurry vision, dry mouth, felt very dizzy, my blood pressure dropped, and I found it hard to breath, plus I was so nauseous. The X-rays didn't show anything, so he send me home again, this time with a prescription for Percocet, I really don't want to start taking these, but I won't be able to take the pain that I had today. I have an appointment on Tuesday for Physiotherapy, so I hope this helps, and my back gets better soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]...
Honey, I could say so much but my rage at this continuing 'bad' happening to you
won't help so again,let me say, I am praying a hole in my ceiling for a turn around
for you & your family ASAP. Dealing with pain continually and at times, in screaming
pain, my heart breaks hearing of your agony. Monica...I'm hoping with every thing
in me they get a correct dx on your source of back issues and there is a quick fix...
never to return. I know YOU are too, my lovely one...sending soft hugs~xoxo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Monica...what hell this must all be.... Praying very hard your therapy helps and you are better very soon. :pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry to hear Monica, sending prayers your way.

I can only think of one thing to add, how old and how firm is the mattress? This may be helping to exacerbate the problem, it really hurt when you woke up recently. We just bought a new mattress and it's changed me and my wife's sleep for the better! Our old mattress gave me a lot of back pain. It was an old ultra plush and we needed a firm mattress. Just throwing out suggestions :unsure:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
oh Monica i hope you get better soon! i have heard miraculous stories about chiropractors and even if ohip doesn't cover you may really benefit from just one or two visits. i don't have one in mind but a friend in Mississauga knows one that helped a friend of his.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi April, thanks, my doctor gave me a requisition for Physiotherapy, and I have an appointment for this Tuesday. We have insurance coverage for Physio and Massage, and I would think for Chiropractor as well.

Members online