Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi guys, so I have no idea what I have done to my lower back, but I've been in pain for the past 4 days. The pain is on my lower left side, in my kidney area, I can't move very well, and when I do I get an electric shock type of pain through my back. I couldn't straighten up or walk very well 2 days ago, so I went to the emergency department and he said its Mechanical back pain?? He checked my back, made sure it wasn't nerve related, and gave me a shot of an anti inflammatory, and Tylenol 3. Told me to see my doctor if it didn't get any better in 3 or 4 days, which I was going to go today, but we have had a lot of snow, and we are in a extreme cold warning and the roads are very icy, so couldn't go today. I've been soaking in a warm tub with Epsom salts, taking Tylenol 3, but I hate taking pills, and they make me nauseous, so I hope this goes away soon. Hubby has a Tens machine and is hooking me up to it as I'm typing this, so I hope it helps. I have never had a back ache or back problem before, but it's very painful. I hope this goes away soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Re: Pain I the Back

Not a doc but sounds like a severely pulled muscle. Did they check you for kidney stones? Could be the start of that as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Monica I was going to say the same thing as Todd.. Did they check you for kidney stones? I had one last year, and it was hands down the worst pain that I ever had to INCLUDE childbirth!!! Loratabs was the only thing I could take to cut that pain… I'm so sorry!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Monica, dear friend...if things don't start getting better, DO NOT hesitate
in going back in for another examination. Back pain can be so many different
causes and Drs tend to be too quick to dx muscle sprain. Hoping that is the
case and you'll be on the mend asap. Just do not disregard your instincts!
Let us know how you do...praying over you, GF...much love!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I am with Todd and Tracey on this one... My Mom had a kidney infection and could not stand up straight ! We all thought she pulled a muscle I her back till the doctor told her it was an infection .... Please go to the doctor to get it all checked out.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, I did think of a kidney infection as well but they did do a urine test which came back negative, I don't have any fever, but I am going to follow up with my family doctor if it doesn't get better. The doctor at the hospital, said to follow up if it wasn't better in 3 or 4 days, and have a ultrasound or a CT scan. He didn't do an X-ray because he said it wouldn't show muscle.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks guys, I did think of a kidney infection as well but they did do a urine test which came back negative, I don't have any fever, but I am going to follow up with my family doctor if it doesn't get better. The doctor at the hospital, said to follow up if it wasn't better in 3 or 4 days, and have a ultrasound or a CT scan. He didn't do an X-ray because he said it wouldn't show muscle.

And x-ray will show a kidney stone… that's how they found mine!!! I swear I thought my appendix or gallbladder had burst, I was in so much pain & then it would go away just like that… I thought I was losing my mind!!! LOL Sending prayers Monica, I hope you feel better soon & please keep us posted!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for you, Monica. I have been dealing with back problems since I was 27 years old(I went to school with Wilma Flintstone). I pulled the muscles in my back-and when it happened-I could no longer walk. I thought I was done for. Ove r the years, I have had back surgery-but when ever I get "down" and in alot of pain, I go to my chiropractor, and in one or two visits-I am good again. Hopefully it is NOT kidneys problems, and if it is pulled muscles-or something out of place-find a good chiropractor. Alot of people don't believe in them-but I have gone for many years-and he saves me! He said to take Aleve (if you don't get script from Dr.) as Aleve has a muscle relaxer in it. Tylenol does not.Sure hope you feel better-I know it's rough to deal with.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
How are you feeling? I've been dealing with a severe back strain since summer and have the same sort of pain you do, mine is on my right side. It's been branching out like a spider web which makes me now think it's a nerve thing and not a strain. They gave me steroid shot, 500mg napoxin and muscle relaxers. the steroid shot worked for a day and the naproxen and relaxers do nothing for me. I'm headed back to the dr soon because they said if it doesn't get better it's time for an MRI.
I know Ice really helps, so maybe keep trying to ice your back. Try some yoga poses too that help stretch it out, but be easy! I hope you feel better.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Go to the dr! Read my new post in the breakroom. Not the diagnosis they first gave me so I am glad I didn't jyst suck it up like nurses often do.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I everyone thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I followed up with my family doctor, and she gave me a prescription for physiotherapy, I have insurance coverage for massage and physio. It only hurts when I move, lol. I'm so frustrated, as I want to finish unpacking the house, but can't, bend or pick up things, and can't lift. Then we've had 2 ice storms so everything is icy and slippery, and the temperatures are -40 with the windchill, so I can't take out the dogs, thank goodness for my son he takes them out and feeds them. On top of it all my neighbour in the unit above had her water pipe burst and we had a flood, we have to replace the ceiling in the hallway, dining room, and the basement got the worst of it, we have damage to the stairs, the ceiling, the walls, and the carpet. The lady isn't cooperating with us with her insurance, she won't give us any information. I hope she has insurance. This is the same neighbour who's son smashed out our car window. Ugh. Nasty neighbours.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]...

Oh my, woman and you call ME strong??? A compliment I treasure, coming from
the woman you are, to endure the continuing train of recent, undeserved rotten luck.
In such pain and now, your brand new, beautiful home is water damaged??? This is
devastating news, I am so hurt and mad this is happening to y'all, Monica. I'm praying
right now and vow to faithfully cover you & yours, EVERY DAY with the Word as your
Sword of justice & protection. I call upon GOD to shield you & your family from anything
that may come against you and replace evil with GOD's blessings & favor. HE will deal
with this neighbor so that she is compelled to do right by you.

Please take great care of yourself in this time of stress & injury, Monica, be vigilant!
Sending huge hugs of gratitude for your caring, encouraging & positive heart~Love YOU

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you so much Carol, your prayers mean so much to me. This is a frustrating thing to happen to our new home, but it can be repaired, and it could be worse. The condominium will take care of this woman, and make sure she gives her insurance information.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow very sorry to read this Monica :(. I sure hope you get some relief soon. And what a horrible way to start at your new home between the car window and the pipe leak! Just the stress alone between all of that and unpacking surely isn't helping. Sure wish I lived closer so I could help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I everyone thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I followed up with my family doctor, and she gave me a prescription for physiotherapy, I have insurance coverage for massage and physio. It only hurts when I move, lol. I'm so frustrated, as I want to finish unpacking the house, but can't, bend or pick up things, and can't lift. Then we've had 2 ice storms so everything is icy and slippery, and the temperatures are -40 with the windchill, so I can't take out the dogs, thank goodness for my son he takes them out and feeds them. On top of it all my neighbour in the unit above had her water pipe burst and we had a flood, we have to replace the ceiling in the hallway, dining room, and the basement got the worst of it, we have damage to the stairs, the ceiling, the walls, and the carpet. The lady isn't cooperating with us with her insurance, she won't give us any information. I hope she has insurance. This is the same neighbour who's son smashed out our car window. Ugh. Nasty neighbours.

OMG -- Monica, this is horrid! I so hope things work out and they somehow cooperate with you. PRAYERS coming your way

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.