Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pain In the Back

Thank you so much Carol, your prayers mean so much to me. This is a frustrating thing to happen to our new home, but it can be repaired, and it could be worse. The condominium will take care of this woman, and make sure she gives her insurance information.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow very sorry to read this Monica . I sure hope you get some relief soon. And what a horrible way to start at your new home between the car window and the pipe leak! Just the stress alone between all of that and unpacking surely isn't helping. Sure wish I lived closer so I could help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    I everyone thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, I followed up with my family doctor, and she gave me a prescription for physiotherapy, I have insurance coverage for massage and physio. It only hurts when I move, lol. I'm so frustrated, as I want to finish unpacking the house, but can't, bend or pick up things, and can't lift. Then we've had 2 ice storms so everything is icy and slippery, and the temperatures are -40 with the windchill, so I can't take out the dogs, thank goodness for my son he takes them out and feeds them. On top of it all my neighbour in the unit above had her water pipe burst and we had a flood, we have to replace the ceiling in the hallway, dining room, and the basement got the worst of it, we have damage to the stairs, the ceiling, the walls, and the carpet. The lady isn't cooperating with us with her insurance, she won't give us any information. I hope she has insurance. This is the same neighbour who's son smashed out our car window. Ugh. Nasty neighbours.
    OMG -- Monica, this is horrid! I so hope things work out and they somehow cooperate with you. PRAYERS coming your way
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Aw geeez, I am so sorry Monica. I'm sure the Condo Association will work out the insurance thing, wish the weather would give you a bit of a break. I hope you feel better after the treatments, you're definitely in my prayers. Hang in there it can only get better.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Again thanks everyone. I woke up this morning fed Dozer and Blossom, had a washroom break, took my thyroid meds, and went back to bed. When I woke up, I had the worst pain in my back since this started 10 days ago, I couldn't move, the pain was paralyzing, it took me over 1/2 an hour to get out of bed, I went to the bathroom, and I couldn't stand, move, walk nothing, the pain was so intense, I felt weak, and was sweating from the pain, and my heart was racing. I tried to call out to my son, his bedroom is in the basement, but he didn't wake up, I phoned my friend up the street, but she has the flu, so couldn't help me, I phoned my sons cell phone and he finally woke up, and came upstairs to help me. He called an ambulance, and they took me to the hospital, they started an IV in the ambulance because they wanted to give me a pain reliever, but they're call to the doctor never got answered so they couldn't give me anything. My back was in excruciating spasms, and I was in tears. When we got to the hospital, it was super busy, with stretchers in every corner. They transferred me to a wheel chair, and brought me over to a section called Raz, which stands for Rapid Assessment Zone thinking I would be seen sooner. I sat there for 3 1/2 hours before I was seen, I was in agony. The doctor ordered X-rays, and gave me a pain killer called Dilaudid, which he says is stronger than morphine. I rarely take Tylenol never mind pills, don't drink, don't drink coffee, don't smoke, so this hit me like a ton of bricks, but it did take the pain away. I'm not sure which was worse the pain, or the medication, I couldn't focus my eyes, blurry vision, dry mouth, felt very dizzy, my blood pressure dropped, and I found it hard to breath, plus I was so nauseous. The X-rays didn't show anything, so he send me home again, this time with a prescription for Percocet, I really don't want to start taking these, but I won't be able to take the pain that I had today. I have an appointment on Tuesday for Physiotherapy, so I hope this helps, and my back gets better soon.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

@Vikinggirl...
    Honey, I could say so much but my rage at this continuing 'bad' happening to you
    won't help so again,let me say, I am praying a hole in my ceiling for a turn around
    for you & your family ASAP. Dealing with pain continually and at times, in screaming
    pain, my heart breaks hearing of your agony. Monica...I'm hoping with every thing
    in me they get a correct dx on your source of back issues and there is a quick fix...
    never to return. I know YOU are too, my lovely one...sending soft hugs~xoxo

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Monica...what hell this must all be.... Praying very hard your therapy helps and you are better very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member HTX Bully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Holly
    Likes (Received)

@Vikinggirl oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry to hear Monica, sending prayers your way.

I can only think of one thing to add, how old and how firm is the mattress? This may be helping to exacerbate the problem, it really hurt when you woke up recently. We just bought a new mattress and it's changed me and my wife's sleep for the better! Our old mattress gave me a lot of back pain. It was an old ultra plush and we needed a firm mattress. Just throwing out suggestions

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

oh Monica i hope you get better soon! i have heard miraculous stories about chiropractors and even if ohip doesn't cover you may really benefit from just one or two visits. i don't have one in mind but a friend in Mississauga knows one that helped a friend of his.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi April, thanks, my doctor gave me a requisition for Physiotherapy, and I have an appointment for this Tuesday. We have insurance coverage for Physio and Massage, and I would think for Chiropractor as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads