Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 21

Thread: A message for northern folks

  1. #1
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default A message for northern folks

    You can take back your cold weather anytime now. A windchill of 8 degrees in Houston is nuts.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  2. #2
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5593

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    I woke up to 4 degrees here, feels like -15… the high today is 7. This place is insanity, they were calling for 4 inches of snow and we probably got 4 snowflakes… LOL The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tues, and they already cancelled classes till Wed. They overreact here like nobody's business…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  3. #3
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I woke up to 4 degrees here, feels like -15… the high today is 7. This place is insanity, they were calling for 4 inches of snow and we probably got 4 snowflakes… LOL The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tues, and they already cancelled classes till Wed. They overreact here like nobody's business…
    Same here. My daughter goes back tomorrow but if it decides to rain it will probably get cancelled as well.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  4. #4
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5593

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Same here. My daughter goes back tomorrow but if it decides to rain it will probably get cancelled as well.
    I grew up in DC, plus I have lived in Alaska. I don't mind driving in snow, but these idiots are insane… drive like maniacs on icy/snowy roads. I won't drive in it unless I absolutely have to because I'm afraid of getting rear-ended again. I keep telling my hubby I want a Range Rover… LOL

    Hey Todd forgot to ask, how is your wife doing?

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  5. #5
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I grew up in DC, plus I have lived in Alaska. I don't mind driving in snow, but these idiots are insane… drive like maniacs on icy/snowy roads. I won't drive in it unless I absolutely have to because I'm afraid of getting rear-ended again. I keep telling my hubby I want a Range Rover… LOL

    Hey Todd forgot to ask, how is your wife doing?
    You mean a Rain Rover? Those things leak like a waterfall after about 2 years. I was going to get my wife one and it was raining the day i test drove it and it was soaking wet inside of it.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  6. #6
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Send me some snow -i can send some rain -i have a guts full of it and muddy dogs ;-)
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  7. #7
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5593

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    You mean a Rain Rover? Those things leak like a waterfall after about 2 years. I was going to get my wife one and it was raining the day i test drove it and it was soaking wet inside of it.
    LMAO!!! They are so dang expensive… I would NEVER get one!!! I remember when the hummer's were all the rage… I wanted one of those too.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  8. #8
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JennieS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    3,259
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    1309

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    I AGREE! I despise being cold and loathe winter. I only like summer but i'll even take Spring at this point lol.

  9. #9
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,652
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6687

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I woke up to 4 degrees here, feels like -15… the high today is 7. This place is insanity, they were calling for 4 inches of snow and we probably got 4 snowflakes… LOL The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tues, and they already cancelled classes till Wed. They overreact here like nobody's business…
    Tracey, it 5 degrees at my house.I have to go outside and chop ICE for the animals. That is hard work! We had weather like this in the '90's (NO-not 1890's!) We had ice storms and were without elec. for 5 days. It was awful!
    My sis lives near D.C. and I lived in N.J. I used to drive in two feet of snow-didn't even have 4 wd! My old cars were like tanks!! Now I am chicken-but people here sure don't know how to drive in snow OR rain. Just don't slow down for any reason! Except, years ago-they used to drive
    slow lookin' for GROUNDHOGS!!!! and THAT IS the truth!! If you got stuck behind them-cussin'!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  10. #10
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5593

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Tracey, it 5 degrees at my house.I have to go outside and chop ICE for the animals. That is hard work! We had weather like this in the '90's (NO-not 1890's!) We had ice storms and were without elec. for 5 days. It was awful!
    My sis lives near D.C. and I lived in N.J. I used to drive in two feet of snow-didn't even have 4 wd! My old cars were like tanks!! Now I am chicken-but people here sure don't know how to drive in snow OR rain. Just don't slow down for any reason! Except, years ago-they used to drive
    slow lookin' for GROUNDHOGS!!!! and THAT IS the truth!! If you got stuck behind them-cussin'!!
    Oh I agree Lynn, they are idiots here in the rain as well… I can't stand it!!! Chopping ice sounds very exhausting… I hope you bundle up!!! I'm afraid we will lose power, some people already have… we have a gas fireplace so at least we will have some heat. I really worry about all the animals here… people are so stupid here they will just throw out hay for their dogs. It is NOW illegal to do it… they are supposed to have shelter, but in this weather that won't matter. These backwoods idiots could careless.

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  11. #11
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Manydogs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    10,652
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)
    6687

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh I agree Lynn, they are idiots here in the rain as well… I can't stand it!!! Chopping ice sounds very exhausting… I hope you bundle up!!! I'm afraid we will lose power, some people already have… we have a gas fireplace so at least we will have some heat. I really worry about all the animals here… people are so stupid here they will just throw out hay for their dogs. It is NOW illegal to do it… they are supposed to have shelter, but in this weather that won't matter. These backwoods idiots could careless.
    Tracey,you are so right! When I moved here-I had never been here. I was so excited thinking everyone would have animals, horses,go riding, etc. I was SHOCKED! No one cared about anything but COWS. The poor cows didn't even have shelter! I got a jopb working for the only veterinarian around(several farmers CALLED themselves vets) THIS one actually had been to Veterinary school! They would bring a dog in, who had been sick forever-was a deaths door. He would doctor it, perform a MIRACLE-perhaps even major surgery. They would come back to get the dog, after a week or so. He was say $50.00. They would say"keep the dog, I ain't payin' $50-I can get me another dog for free!" I learned I was in the wrong place-but it was too late! So, I've been here ever since. It's improved some-but mostly because more people from other places have come here! N.J> was getting crowded and expensive-but most I knew took care of their animals!! That's my RANT for today-Ahm gittin' riled!! ha!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

  12. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11533

    Default Re: A message for northern folks

    I'd take it back, but it is still here..... not today, but tomorrow it is going to be 10 - I'd love to not leave the hosue, but the bills gotta get paid
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •