The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can take back your cold weather anytime now. A windchill of 8 degrees in Houston is nuts. :tongue:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I woke up to 4 degrees here, feels like -15ā€¦ the high today is 7. This place is insanity, they were calling for 4 inches of snow and we probably got 4 snowflakesā€¦ LOL The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tues, and they already cancelled classes till Wed. They overreact here like nobody's businessā€¦ :cursing:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I woke up to 4 degrees here, feels like -15ā€¦ the high today is 7. This place is insanity, they were calling for 4 inches of snow and we probably got 4 snowflakesā€¦ LOL The kids were supposed to go back to school on Tues, and they already cancelled classes till Wed. They overreact here like nobody's businessā€¦ :cursing:
Same here. My daughter goes back tomorrow but if it decides to rain it will probably get cancelled as well.

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Same here. My daughter goes back tomorrow but if it decides to rain it will probably get cancelled as well.

I grew up in DC, plus I have lived in Alaska. I don't mind driving in snow, but these idiots are insaneā€¦ drive like maniacs on icy/snowy roads. I won't drive in it unless I absolutely have to because I'm afraid of getting rear-ended again. I keep telling my hubby I want a Range Roverā€¦ LOL

Hey Todd forgot to ask, how is your wife doing?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I grew up in DC, plus I have lived in Alaska. I don't mind driving in snow, but these idiots are insaneā€¦ drive like maniacs on icy/snowy roads. I won't drive in it unless I absolutely have to because I'm afraid of getting rear-ended again. I keep telling my hubby I want a Range Roverā€¦ LOL

Hey Todd forgot to ask, how is your wife doing?
You mean a Rain Rover? Those things leak like a waterfall after about 2 years. I was going to get my wife one and it was raining the day i test drove it and it was soaking wet inside of it.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Send me some snow -i can send some rain -i have a guts full of it and muddy dogs ;-)

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
You mean a Rain Rover? Those things leak like a waterfall after about 2 years. I was going to get my wife one and it was raining the day i test drove it and it was soaking wet inside of it.

LMAO!!! They are so dang expensiveā€¦ I would NEVER get one!!! I remember when the hummer's were all the rageā€¦ I wanted one of those too.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I AGREE! I despise being cold and loathe winter. I only like summer but i'll even take Spring at this point lol.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Tracey, it 5 degrees at my house.I have to go outside and chop ICE for the animals. That is hard work! We had weather like this in the '90's (NO-not 1890's!:smoochwink:) We had ice storms and were without elec. for 5 days. It was awful!
My sis lives near D.C. and I lived in N.J. I used to drive in two feet of snow-didn't even have 4 wd! My old cars were like tanks!! Now I am chicken-but people here sure don't know how to drive in snow OR rain. Just don't slow down for any reason! Except, years ago-they used to drive
slow lookin' for GROUNDHOGS!!!! and THAT IS the truth!! If you got stuck behind them-cussin'!!:ashamed:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey, it 5 degrees at my house.I have to go outside and chop ICE for the animals. That is hard work! We had weather like this in the '90's (NO-not 1890's!:smoochwink:) We had ice storms and were without elec. for 5 days. It was awful!
My sis lives near D.C. and I lived in N.J. I used to drive in two feet of snow-didn't even have 4 wd! My old cars were like tanks!! Now I am chicken-but people here sure don't know how to drive in snow OR rain. Just don't slow down for any reason! Except, years ago-they used to drive
slow lookin' for GROUNDHOGS!!!! and THAT IS the truth!! If you got stuck behind them-cussin'!!:ashamed:

Oh I agree Lynn, they are idiots here in the rain as wellā€¦ I can't stand it!!! Chopping ice sounds very exhaustingā€¦ I hope you bundle up!!! I'm afraid we will lose power, some people already haveā€¦ we have a gas fireplace so at least we will have some heat. I really worry about all the animals hereā€¦ people are so stupid here they will just throw out hay for their dogs. It is NOW illegal to do itā€¦ they are supposed to have shelter, but in this weather that won't matter. These backwoods idiots could careless.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh I agree Lynn, they are idiots here in the rain as wellā€¦ I can't stand it!!! Chopping ice sounds very exhaustingā€¦ I hope you bundle up!!! I'm afraid we will lose power, some people already haveā€¦ we have a gas fireplace so at least we will have some heat. I really worry about all the animals hereā€¦ people are so stupid here they will just throw out hay for their dogs. It is NOW illegal to do itā€¦ they are supposed to have shelter, but in this weather that won't matter. These backwoods idiots could careless.
Tracey,you are so right! When I moved here-I had never been here. I was so excited thinking everyone would have animals, horses,go riding, etc. I was SHOCKED! No one cared about anything but COWS. The poor cows didn't even have shelter! I got a jopb working for the only veterinarian around(several farmers CALLED themselves vets) THIS one actually had been to Veterinary school! They would bring a dog in, who had been sick forever-was a deaths door. He would doctor it, perform a MIRACLE-perhaps even major surgery. They would come back to get the dog, after a week or so. He was say $50.00. They would say"keep the dog, I ain't payin' $50-I can get me another dog for free!" I learned I was in the wrong place-but it was too late! So, I've been here ever since. It's improved some-but mostly because more people from other places have come here! N.J> was getting crowded and expensive-but most I knew took care of their animals!! That's my RANT for today-Ahm gittin' riled!! ha!:excited::fie:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd take it back, but it is still here..... not today, but tomorrow it is going to be 10 - I'd love to not leave the hosue, but the bills gotta get paid

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tracey,you are so right! When I moved here-I had never been here. I was so excited thinking everyone would have animals, horses,go riding, etc. I was SHOCKED! No one cared about anything but COWS. The poor cows didn't even have shelter! I got a jopb working for the only veterinarian around(several farmers CALLED themselves vets) THIS one actually had been to Veterinary school! They would bring a dog in, who had been sick forever-was a deaths door. He would doctor it, perform a MIRACLE-perhaps even major surgery. They would come back to get the dog, after a week or so. He was say $50.00. They would say"keep the dog, I ain't payin' $50-I can get me another dog for free!" I learned I was in the wrong place-but it was too late! So, I've been here ever since. It's improved some-but mostly because more people from other places have come here! N.J> was getting crowded and expensive-but most I knew took care of their animals!! That's my RANT for today-Ahm gittin' riled!! ha!:excited::fie:

Well I'm not here by choice, Thank Uncle Sam for thatā€¦ LMAO!!! It's beautiful in the country, but I'm disgusted w/the schools, the county government, and the way they treat their animals. A lot of northerners live here because of the military, and I've seen some changesā€¦ good ol' boy system here, and they pretty much stick to it. I'm hoping at some point to move...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Take me with you...........?!:yes::pray:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Take me with you...........?!:yes::pray:

LMAO!!! We went on a vaca to Rosemary beach in Florida & my hubby said he would LOVE to live there. I like the mountains tooā€¦ I guess it's wherever the jobs are at this point!!!

Most Reactions