Has anyone had Turduckin?????

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My husband and I have been wanting to try one, so for Christmas I just ordered one (YIKES $140.00 for a small one) I am anxious to try. A Turduckin is a boneless whole chicken with stuffing around it, wrapped with a boneless duck with dressing around it stuffed into a whole Turkey. I like all 3 meats and it sound interesting, I just wondered if anyone has any input on this? It takes 11 hours to cook at 200 degrees and then you have to let it sit for an hour before carving. Anyone????

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
No but it sure sounds interesting! Let me know how it tastes! Vegas is going to go crazy when that is cooking! :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Where did you order it from? I have had and I like all those meats so I bet its good but I haven't actually had turduckhen before. We get Cabelas catalogs ALL the time and I everytime I see it in there I think geez I really want to try that LOL

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], It is in that catalog, we get it also but have not got one in a while, how much are they in the catalog, this is a 16 lb. one, but we actually still have a real live butcher shop here in my town in Fl. I have not seen a butcher shop in years!!! I called them and yes they make them, I ordered one tonight. I think it will be interesting AFTER I had to EXPLAIN to my 23 year old son it was 3 DIFFERENT meats, he thought a chicken made it with a duck that made it with a Turkey...UUmmm...NO!! And he lives on his own and is engaged, Scarey right???

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Just looked it up on cabelas.com, they are on sale for $100 and regularly $130-140, 15lbs. Oh your son is too funny!!!

I guess I could try to make this myself if I wanted, we have a bunch of duck now (Dave's a hunter and duck is in season) and chicken and turkey is easy to get.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]. Well then to buy it local and fresh I guess $140.00 is not to bad but OUCH!! I am thrifty, I had to be, being divorced 13 yrs. and raising two boys, but my husband is NOT thrifty and is our "bread winner" LOL, insisted on trying one. I could never make it myself, the chicken and duck are de-boned, I don't know how to do that and I am a good cook. And it has 3 different yummy dressings around it, cornbread, andoilee (sp??) sausage and spinich with garlic and parm cheese.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Fresh from the local butcher is worth it for that price, I agree 100%!!! Lucky you :) I'm a real thrifty myself so I know what you mean, I'd like to try it I just won't spend the money right now to actually make it happen LOL

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
yum, i've heard they are delicious but i haven't been fortunate enough to eat one. i love duck though!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have heard they are yummy also but I am not a duck fan. Too dark for me even tho I love dark meat on chicken. Even so, I can only imagine how juicy the chicken and turkey will turn out having all that juiciness inside. I have no idea how to debone either but my grandpa used to debone his turkeys before cooking them for thanksgiving every year. Wish I was older before he passed so I could have learned that trick! I bet you could watch a video on youtube on how to do it tho! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sounds interesting! I'll be watching for the review.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION], I seen that site when I was researching for one, but then I did find a local butcher shop about 20 min. from me and I can pick it up fresh, not frozen. It takes 11 hours to cook at 250* meaning Thurs night I am going to have to set the alarm for 3 A.M. to get up and put it in the oven :eek:, then it has to sit an hour to rest. I know it cost way to much, I argued with my husband because of the cost but he insisted because of it being Christmas that we order one. I can cook, I am a good cook, but I would never even try to attempt to do this myself, between each bird is a different layer of different dressings. I am anxious to try it and will let you all know how it was.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION]... that's an interesting website.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION].... do you have my address to send me the leftovers??? LOL ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.