The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ok the EBN staff is already aware of the situation I am in right now and I didn't want to post anything earlier as I did not want to put my pain out there and take anything away from the support and love we all want to send Tracey's way but I have received a lot of PM's about a comment I had posted in Tracey's thread so instead of replying to all the PM's I will just put it out there in this post.

Last Tuesday my wife and daughter were playing frisbee with Harlea in the backyard and I was taking a break from work shooting the breeze with my dad when the most unthinkable happened. The frisbee landed by my wifes foot and she started to bend over to pick it up when her weight shifted ever so slightly and she fell down to the ground. That in and of itself didn't seem to bad but the way her leg bent was nasty and my daughter and dad heard a loud pop as she went down. She refused to let me call the paramedics as she was able to pull herslef up but it was obvious she was in a lot of pain. I tried everything I could to convince her that we should call 911 but trying to that with a woman that had 2 natural child births without ever having pains meds is just not possible. Finally after our son who is an EMT got home from work about 3 hours later did she finally relent and agree we should call 911.

When we finally got her to the hospital the shock of how badly she was injured hit home really quick. With xrays alone it was obvious she had a broken leg but the full severity wasn't known until the next morning when they did the CT Scan. The results of that showed that she had broken both bones right below the knee and had actully broken her lower knee joint clean in half at a 45 degree angle. So at midnight Thursday morning she had to have emergency surgery to put everything back together again with a spike, plate and multiple screws.

Needless to say this was a devistating blow with everything going on this time of year. They haven't decided yet if they are going to let her come home or if the are going to send her to a rehab center or not so we are in a bit of a holding pattern. Her recovery is going to be long and hard as she has to keep her leg straight and not put any weight one it at all for a minimum of 3 months.

Moral ofthis story.... When playing frisbee with your bully use hoogie grabbers to pick it ups so you don't break a leg.

To everyone that has sent PM's, thoughts and prayers me and my family thank you all very much.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your wife's accident. That sounds so painful, she must have a very high pain threshold for her to be able to get up and walk on her broken leg, and not go to the hospital for 3 hours. She must have been in agony. What a fluke accident to fall forward and be able to break your leg and knee in a seemingly small fall, I guess it must have been the way she fell or the angle that she fell on her leg that caused her to break it the way that she did. She will have a long recovery, and need physiotherapy before she will be able to fully use her leg again. What a terrible thing to happen and even more terrible with Christmas coming. My son broke his tibia in his ankle a few years back, it was a clean break, the tibia snapped. He was taking a short cut home, and hit a dead end with a fence, so he decided to hop the fence rather than go back and when he landed on the other side, he landed with all his weight on his ankle. He needed surgery with screws and it took a long time to heal. A year later, he slipped at work on some spilled hydraulic fluid and his ankle twisted or turned over, and he dislodged on of the screws, and the screw was sticking out under the skin. He required a second surgery to remove the hardware, and now he has constant aching in his ankle, and it always makes a clicking sound when he rotates his ankle, plus his ankle is much weaker now, and it turns over easily. I hope your wife has a speedy recovery, and her knee heals well. Sending love, hugs and prayers to her and your family.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good Lord Todd, I am so so sorry… and please you are NOT taking anything away from me & Winston. As they say "Sh*T HAPPENS" and it's usually ALL at the same time… I hope that your wife gets to come home soon, and I hope that you guys can get thru this Christmas. I'm just praying for BOTH of us that this year ends quickly, and we can turn the page to a better year!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh man, who would've thought something so simple could cause so much damage. Sorry you, your wife and your fam are going through this. I hope you can all spend Christmas and New Years together. Big hugs to you all. :hug:

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, dear Todd, for telling all of EBN so that you & yours have the
POWER of all our prayers, good thoughts & positive vibes sent your way.

Wow, your wife is really something!

Please give us updates as you receive them and let us know anything we
can do for y'all. Come here and vent out any heavy thoughts you don't
wish to burden friends & family with.

We are bully owners after all and tough as they come. GOD bless y'all with
miraculous healing of your dear wife's bones.
:angelheart: Love you, Todd!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Todd,
So sorry to hear about your wife's injury! It's getting so I am afraid to look on EBN, for all the things that are happening! BUT we are here for everyone and that is important to have many prayers. It sounds like she is a strong woman, and her recovery may be faster than the Dr.'s think! Praying for her:pray2: and your family.
I just noticed under your avatar that you are the new Casper!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry to hear of your wifes injury. I am praying she had a speedy and painless recovery. Sounds to me like she is also a tough marine!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Prayers are continued for all of you... I pray she has a speedy recovery and is home with all of you for Christmas.

:hug:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Well... I actually have some good news. I guess sometime between the time I left to take Harlea to the puppy spa and when I got back to the hospital my wife was able to get up on a walker and hop over to the bathroom and back to her chair. Considering that only 12 hours earlier she could barley move it was a wonderful surprise not only to me but her doctors as well so they let he come home with me abiut 2 hiurs ago. Harlea was very happy to see her mommy we just have to be careful to not let her jump on my wife's leg. I feel so much better knowing that she is going to be home for the holidays and not in some rehab center.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well... I actually have some good news. I guess sometime between the time I left to take Harlea to the puppy spa and when I got back to the hospital my wife was able to get up on a walker and hop over to the bathroom and back to her chair. Considering that only 12 hours earlier she could barley move it was a wonderful surprise not only to me but her doctors as well so they let he come home with me abiut 2 hiurs ago. Harlea was very happy to see her mommy we just have to be careful to not let her jump on my wife's leg. I feel so much better knowing that she is going to be home for the holidays and not in some rehab center.

that is great news.... make sure you is a good girl and does as she is suppose to... and she will heal quickeer.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Fantastic news! :dancing:A very happy surprise and so very glad
she'll be home for Christmas & New Year's with you & kids.

Harlea, stay off Mommie's leg~Go lie on Daddy's leg :) Love & Hugs for All!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Todd , i just read your post , im so happy that your wife is feeling better xxxx hughs to all of you

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Glad to hear your wife is starting to come around a bit. Hang in there buddy. You are doing a great job taking care of her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.