The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I don't know about everyone else but i am ready for 2013 to be over and done with. This year has been filled with some bad ju ju all around affecting a lot of people with all of the lost fur kids, family members, friends and other personal tragedies. Cheers to 12 days and counting to the end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 a new beginning and new adventures! :newyear7:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Me too but unfortunately life doesn't know that next day is another year. The office my Aunt works at in Reno had a shooting there yesterday. OMG! She was right next to the shooter before her coworkers dragged her out and they all hid. She said that she could hear him caulking the 12 gauge and hear the bullets flying. The doctor she worked for was in critical condition last night and died this morning. My aunt's only son just died 5 weeks ago and my uncle just had major back surgery 2 weeks ago. I can't even imagine what she's going through mentally right now. :(

http://www.rgj.com/article/20131218...k-motive-in-shooting-on-Renown-campus-in-Reno

http://www.rgj.com/article/20131218/NEWS/312180087/Dr-Garo-Gholdoian-of-Reno-He-was-such-a-kind-guy-

Last edited:
OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] OMG... What a horrible tragedy your Aunt had to experience. My thoughts and prayers go out to her. I know the feeling about one day over the next and year over year... For my family it seems like every year right before the holidays something happens. We were talking last night and the last Xmas no one was in the hospital was 2011. I sm trying to stay positive though and hope and pray for the best but i still feel Murphy somewhere behind me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
ABSOLUTELY!!! What a horrible year it has been....

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Todd...you say what I feel too, what misery 2013 brought and so much
disaster, especially weather related, on a global scale. Here on EBN, so
many dear bullies dying and tragically...suddenly. Seems like this last 3
or 4 months, my heart stayed crushed for so many beloved friends and
their heartache...I just hate it!

Here I just wrote about no bitterness altho, this is pure rage I'm feeling
today. Like everyone, it feels like a bad nightmare that you hope you'll
wake up from and be so happy that it was so...
poor Tracey & family
:tissue:

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I agree Todd. I am trying to stay positive and look at the great stuff that has happened this year. It doesn't always work but sometimes it does. Keep your head up my friend!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I will be jumping on that band wagon I'm ready to see 2013 to go!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with you all, there has been all too much sadness, tragedy, and turmoil this year. Lets all hope the new year brings fresh perspectives, new opportunities, and fresh starts for everyone.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Here here! Goodbye 2013 and all the crap you brought with you!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have been fairly lucky this year but am surrounded my tragedy amongst my peers, patients and friends. I agree with you!! [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] HOw horrible for your Aunt. My thoughts are with her :heart:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree this year could have been better. I will be glad to see it go.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't know if I should even respond to this thread… We have lost 3 dogs, my husband has lost 2 jobs, and not to mention all the medical issues that we have had personally over this year. I can with all honesty say that this year has been one of the absolute WORST years I have ever had in my life. Don't even get me started on the global or current news situations… it's unbearable to even turn on the news today. But I would like to add that NO matter what is happening around us, there is ALWAYS good people there. Friends sending out love, neighbors helping out, total strangers trying to help someone in need… angels in disguise!!! It's our job to find the good, and there is always something good to be found in any situation… no matter what it is. If God takes you to it, he will see you thru it!!! I just pray to God that he would show me & my family a little mercy in the next year… I may be battered and bruised up, but I'm NOT broken yet!!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I agree so ready for the new year. I have had enough this year.Heres hoping everyone has a better 2014

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.