The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
That sounds very difficult.. And for 3 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is not easy that is for sure. She can't get in our bed because it is too high so she is in her recliner for hours on end. I am working on getting her up and around every 2 hours like training a puppy but sometimes the pain is too much for her. Add to it that her case manager never ordered her wheelchair so we have to use office chairs to get her around once she is up on the walker. The doctors say the first week post op is the absolute worst so we are hopeful that things will start getting better later in the week. All I can do is thank the lord that me and my daughter are off this week as I do not know how we would do it otherwise.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
it is not easy that is for sure. She can't get in our bed because it is too high so she is in her recliner for hours on end. I am working on getting her up and around every 2 hours like training a puppy but sometimes the pain is too much for her. Add to it that her case manager never ordered her wheelchair so we have to use office chairs to get her around once she is up on the walker. The doctors say the first week post op is the absolute worst so we are hopeful that things will start getting better later in the week. All I can do is thank the lord that me and my daughter are off this week as I do not know how we would do it otherwise.

Oh Todd, sending good thoughts, best wishes and prayers your way. I am hoping things will get so much better for you all. I know it's really tough, but stay strong and if you need to vent or cry or scream...we are here.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Jeannie, that's horrid. I'm so sorry...what is going on in this world with people shooting people! I just don't get it. I few months ago, a doctor was killed by her estranged husband in her office, just around the corner from where I live. It's sickening. I am praying for a little peace and comfort for everyone in 2014. Your poor aunt...sending prayers her way!

She's had a rough couple of months. I feel very bad for her. My cousin had pneumonia and it got really bad and he didn't go to the doctor. The way I understand it is that no one was home and he passed out and died. I think aspiration? I'm not completely clear. He was my favorite of all when we were kids.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

Todd, hugs to you and wife. That first week after surgery is the absolute worst. I've had surgery many times and it's dreadfully painful. Glad that you and and your daughter are off this week to help her out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Todd I'm so sorry… I hope that your wife heals up soon, and I'm glad that you & your daughter are home to help her out. Hugs to you guys… just come on here to vent/cry or both!!! Looks like we can all join the club… LOL

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
She's had a rough couple of months. I feel very bad for her. My cousin had pneumonia and it got really bad and he didn't go to the doctor. The way I understand it is that no one was home and he passed out and died. I think aspiration? I'm not completely clear. He was my favorite of all when we were kids.

Jeannie, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin and what a scare for your aunt. I swear it's almost scary to leave your front door these days… sending prayers to you and your family!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG...may I just say, like @savemejeebus & @desertskybulldogs...I love all you guys
and girls ;) so much! So much 'stuff' being suffered, endured, dwelt with, surviving
and moving forward too...amazing! Thank y'all for sharing and being so wonderfully
honest, while my heart hurts for these things you've gone thru (and some still going
thru) and I'm sad it's happened to such truly great people, at the same time, y'all's
sharing has encouraged and inspired me. It couldn't have happened at a better time
because Mother & I had such a bad day, my son's selfish, sh*tty actions depressed me,
my house problems & expenses to fix scare me and Christmas is again, difficult. So...I
broke down, I cried my eyes out...I just felt so hopeless, so sad...just didn't know WHAT
to do about any of it. I felt scare about everything~no solutions to anything.Then I heard
Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton (Madison Square Garden Concert) sing 'Had To Cry Today'
and I thought, you know what...sometimes we do...we need to cry, to wail, to admit we
feel bad, overwhelmed, scared...to admit, we don't have all the answers and maybe, admit
our mistakes. Then...got a phone call out of the blue from Lisa...good stuff too, really made
me feel better as we talked and this after talking to Tracey @ddnene and as I said, her
attitude and things she said, in the midst of terrible suffering~ministered to ME! Then I come
on, find this thread and read your 'let it all hang out' accounts and truly, I see so clearly how
we are all doing the very best we can and even as we think we aren't, we are stronger and
braver and better than we think we are and...we need each other and are so lucky we found
each other! GOD be with each of us, help us overcome these things, gain wisdom & grace and
may HE bless us with better circumstances in 2014 and each year thereafter! I love Y'all

I'm all about a good CRY session especially lately… it's okay!!! I've had a few episodes, and it's all good. Carol my motto right now it just getting thru the next 24 hrs, that's all. If I can just get thru today everything is going to be okay… one day at a time. I keep praying and I'm praying for all of you as well. Everybody has something they are dealing with, some worse than others but nobody is immune to pain… some of us are just better at hiding it than others. This too shall pass… much hugs and love to all of you!!! :heart:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'm all about a good CRY session especially lately… it's okay!!! I've had a few episodes, and it's all good. Carol my motto right now it just getting thru the next 24 hrs, that's all. If I can just get thru today everything is going to be okay… one day at a time. I keep praying and I'm praying for all of you as well. Everybody has something they are dealing with, some worse than others but nobody is immune to pain… some of us are just better at hiding it than others. This too shall pass… much hugs and love to all of you!!! :heart:

I wish I could cry. I am one of those people that can rarely shed a tear for anything no matter how grave and dire things are and at times like this I hate it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Memascakes

Nov 20, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
no name yet
Where in Florida are you moving to?? I am in the Ocala area.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I wish I could cry. I am one of those people that can rarely shed a tear for anything no matter how grave and dire things are and at times like this I hate it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Probably because you guys in the Marines are taught and drilled into being mentally and emotionally tough but not only that men in general are taught from an early age real men do not cry.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Yes im very ready to say goodbye to this year also!! its time to start over in alot of ways!! hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.