The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] I am right there with you. Lost 2 dogs, 4 friends, 2 family members and numerous hospitalizations of family members. Hell I am dealing with my wife in the hospital now. Going on her 4th day in and now there is a chance she will have to got to a rehab facility and not be home for the holidays. Without my friends and close family I would have lost it already.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I too am ready for a new year. It started out ok with the birth of my granddaugther and picking up Ruby but we too took several down hill slides with the loss of family and our oldest Great Dane Beast Dogs passing. My daugther in law had surgery, my son was out of work with back and surgery issues so it has been a little tough and hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel with the on set of the new year for all of us. I want to thank all of you for being here through the good and the bad. Thanks!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
@ddnene I am right there with you. Lost 2 dogs, 4 friends, 2 family members and numerous hospitalizations of family members. Hell I am dealing with my wife in the hospital now. Going on her 4th day in and now there is a chance she will have to got to a rehab facility and not be home for the holidays. Without my friends and close family I would have lost it already.

Oh gosh Todd, I'm so very sorry… I guess I missed the thread about your wife. I hope that she gets to come home soon!!! ((HUGS))

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh gosh Todd, I'm so very sorry… I guess I missed the thread about your wife. I hope that she gets to come home soon!!! ((HUGS))

It's all good Tracey. It was in a PM I sent you the other day but you have had a lot on your mind so i am not worried about it. :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We had an awful year too,we lost few people suddenly due to a cancer , me and hubby went through a marriage problems when his PTSD got out of control -we all went through a hell (and i got scared and couldn't cope ) we still trying to pull everything back together ,
His health is bad , dogs were in and out of vets for different reasons, its another year i cant see my family in Poland as hubby is too illl to go, my grandfathers are and and out of hospital , my mum sister have a cancer that she receives treatment .
I honestly cant wait to greet new year too xx im hoping and praying it is going to be a good one for a change
If it wasn't for you guys , the support and basically for someone to talk about "nothing" i would go mad.My family dont quite understand why im still here , and i dont think they would understand that my love to my husband is stronger than his ilness

Last edited:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
I am just amazed that I stumbled on this thread today! I just posted on FB how glad I am to have this year OVER! We had many family/ friends deaths, my own health issues which are resolved, but it took a lot to get there, I have a very troubled older son who truly lives minute to minute, and I am just waiting "for the call", and the icing on the cake is that Ed and I have decided to part ways. It was a truly wonderful love story, but as we healed from the loss of our beloved spouses over the past 5 years, we have each grown stronger and started heading in different directions. It was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made, but we are coming out of this with a deep seeded bond and friendship. We will continue to be in each others lives, but on a different level. We are in Ct and it has been a miserable time. The weather is awful, I am in very tight living quarters, and having to tell all of our friends and family of e breakup has just been icing on the cake! AND, we are in Newtown, so we were here for the anniversary of Sandy Hook tragedy which was such a grim reminder of the sick world we live in. All that said, after reading all of the things that went on with our EBD families, I don't have it so bad. It was a good reminder that we are never truly alone, we just have to look for the right door to open. So, I will get through the next few days and look forward to heading south right after Christmas. When I get back to Florida, I will be moving to a new home, and there is something a little exciting about that! I have never lived alone-ever. This will be my first stab at it! Ed will be there for me whenever I need it. And of course, I am so blessed to,have Bogey. He is my own personal therapy dog, and we will have a great life together. And if this is not Karma, I don't know what is- I spoke with the owner of one of the places I might buy- I told her I had an EBD. She chuckled- she has THREE of them, and her oldest will be 14 next month! Amazing!! So, goodbye 2013,WELCOME 2014, and may we all have the BEST year ever!! Thanks for being here all of you!!!
Hugs!! Mary&Bogey

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am just amazed that I stumbled on this thread today! I just posted on FB how glad I am to have this year OVER! We had many family/ friends deaths, my own health issues which are resolved, but it took a lot to get there, I have a very troubled older son who truly lives minute to minute, and I am just waiting "for the call", and the icing on the cake is that Ed and I have decided to part ways. It was a truly wonderful love story, but as we healed from the loss of our beloved spouses over the past 5 years, we have each grown stronger and started heading in different directions. It was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made, but we are coming out of this with a deep seeded bond and friendship. We will continue to be in each others lives, but on a different level. We are in Ct and it has been a miserable time. The weather is awful, I am in very tight living quarters, and having to tell all of our friends and family of e breakup has just been icing on the cake! AND, we are in Newtown, so we were here for the anniversary of Sandy Hook tragedy which was such a grim reminder of the sick world we live in. All that said, after reading all of the things that went on with our EBD families, I don't have it so bad. It was a good reminder that we are never truly alone, we just have to look for the right door to open. So, I will get through the next few days and look forward to heading south right after Christmas. When I get back to Florida, I will be moving to a new home, and there is something a little exciting about that! I have never lived alone-ever. This will be my first stab at it! Ed will be there for me whenever I need it. And of course, I am so blessed to,have Bogey. He is my own personal therapy dog, and we will have a great life together. And if this is not Karma, I don't know what is- I spoke with the owner of one of the places I might buy- I told her I had an EBD. She chuckled- she has THREE of them, and her oldest will be 14 next month! Amazing!! So, goodbye 2013,WELCOME 2014, and may we all have the BEST year ever!! Thanks for being here all of you!!!
Hugs!! Mary&Bogey

Oh Mary, I just read your story… I'm so sorry for your struggles this year, but it sounds like you have made peace w/everything and that you are ready to move forward. I wish you all the best for the next year, and you know that we are here for you whenever you need us!!! :hug:

You know it's funny… we think that we are the only ones going thru something horrible, and then we find out that's not the case. Everyone on here is dealing w/something… Thank God we can help pull each other thru it day by day… :heart:

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We had an awful year too,we lost few people suddenly due to a cancer , me and hubby went through a marriage problems when his PTSD got out of control -we all went through a hell (and i got scared and couldn't cope ) we still trying to pull everything back together ,
His health is bad , dogs were in and out of vets for different reasons, its another year i cant see my family in Poland as hubby is too illl to go, my grandfathers are and and out of hospital , my mum sister have a cancer that she receives treatment .
I honestly cant wait to greet new year too xx im hoping and praying it is going to be a good one for a change
If it wasn't for you guys , the support and basically for someone to talk about "nothing" i would go mad.My family dont quite understand why im still here , and i dont think they would understand that my love to my husband is stronger than his ilness

Pati, I'm so very sorry for your troubles. My husband also suffers from PTSD, so I know how scary that can be, and how hard that is on a marriage not to mention your family. Stay strong girl… you know that we are always here for you!!! :heart:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I thank God every day I have you guys to commiserate with to laugh with to cry with.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Did I ever mention that I love you all? Because I do! You're all the glue that makes this place stick together.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I will say this. I do not wish my wifes injury on anyone. Having a house built in the 70's is not very good to have right now. Due to the tight turns and narrow doorways it takes all of us to move her around.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That sounds very difficult.. And for 3 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
OMG...may I just say, like @savemejeebus & [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...I love all you guys
and girls ;) so much! So much 'stuff' being suffered, endured, dwelt with, surviving
and moving forward too...amazing! Thank y'all for sharing and being so wonderfully
honest, while my heart hurts for these things you've gone thru (and some still going
thru) and I'm sad it's happened to such truly great people, at the same time, y'all's
sharing has encouraged and inspired me. It couldn't have happened at a better time
because Mother & I had such a bad day, my son's selfish, sh*tty actions depressed me,
my house problems & expenses to fix scare me and Christmas is again, difficult. So...I
broke down, I cried my eyes out...I just felt so hopeless, so sad...just didn't know WHAT
to do about any of it. I felt scare about everything~no solutions to anything.Then I heard
Steve Winwood & Eric Clapton (Madison Square Garden Concert) sing 'Had To Cry Today'
and I thought, you know what...sometimes we do...we need to cry, to wail, to admit we
feel bad, overwhelmed, scared...to admit, we don't have all the answers and maybe, admit
our mistakes. Then...got a phone call out of the blue from Lisa...good stuff too, really made
me feel better as we talked and this after talking to Tracey [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] and as I said, her
attitude and things she said, in the midst of terrible suffering~ministered to ME! Then I come
on, find this thread and read your 'let it all hang out' accounts and truly, I see so clearly how
we are all doing the very best we can and even as we think we aren't, we are stronger and
braver and better than we think we are and...we need each other and are so lucky we found
each other! GOD be with each of us, help us overcome these things, gain wisdom & grace and
may HE bless us with better circumstances in 2014 and each year thereafter! I love Y'all

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Me too but unfortunately life doesn't know that next day is another year. The office my Aunt works at in Reno had a shooting there yesterday. OMG! She was right next to the shooter before her coworkers dragged her out and they all hid. She said that she could hear him caulking the 12 gauge and hear the bullets flying. The doctor she worked for was in critical condition last night and died this morning. My aunt's only son just died 5 weeks ago and my uncle just had major back surgery 2 weeks ago. I can't even imagine what she's going through mentally right now. :(

http://www.rgj.com/article/20131218...k-motive-in-shooting-on-Renown-campus-in-Reno

http://www.rgj.com/article/20131218/NEWS/312180087/Dr-Garo-Gholdoian-of-Reno-He-was-such-a-kind-guy-

Oh Jeannie, that's horrid. I'm so sorry...what is going on in this world with people shooting people! I just don't get it. I few months ago, a doctor was killed by her estranged husband in her office, just around the corner from where I live. It's sickening. I am praying for a little peace and comfort for everyone in 2014. Your poor aunt...sending prayers her way!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.