Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 41

Thread: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

  1. #13
    Rescue Volunteer Lokismom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Location
    Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    1,569
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    Yep 2013 overall sucked probably because it was an odd number year lol
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

  2. #14
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5585

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    I don't know if I should even respond to this thread… We have lost 3 dogs, my husband has lost 2 jobs, and not to mention all the medical issues that we have had personally over this year. I can with all honesty say that this year has been one of the absolute WORST years I have ever had in my life. Don't even get me started on the global or current news situations… it's unbearable to even turn on the news today. But I would like to add that NO matter what is happening around us, there is ALWAYS good people there. Friends sending out love, neighbors helping out, total strangers trying to help someone in need… angels in disguise!!! It's our job to find the good, and there is always something good to be found in any situation… no matter what it is. If God takes you to it, he will see you thru it!!! I just pray to God that he would show me & my family a little mercy in the next year… I may be battered and bruised up, but I'm NOT broken yet!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  3. #15
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RescueMe's Avatar
    Location
    Chaffee, MO
    Posts
    1,438
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    I agree so ready for the new year. I have had enough this year.Heres hoping everyone has a better 2014

  4. #16
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    @ddnene I am right there with you. Lost 2 dogs, 4 friends, 2 family members and numerous hospitalizations of family members. Hell I am dealing with my wife in the hospital now. Going on her 4th day in and now there is a chance she will have to got to a rehab facility and not be home for the holidays. Without my friends and close family I would have lost it already.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  5. #17
    The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    dalmatina38's Avatar
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Location
    Sierra Vista Arizona
    Posts
    1,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)
    190

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    I too am ready for a new year. It started out ok with the birth of my granddaugther and picking up Ruby but we too took several down hill slides with the loss of family and our oldest Great Dane Beast Dogs passing. My daugther in law had surgery, my son was out of work with back and surgery issues so it has been a little tough and hopefully there is light at the end of this tunnel with the on set of the new year for all of us. I want to thank all of you for being here through the good and the bad. Thanks!

  6. #18
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5585

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    @ddnene I am right there with you. Lost 2 dogs, 4 friends, 2 family members and numerous hospitalizations of family members. Hell I am dealing with my wife in the hospital now. Going on her 4th day in and now there is a chance she will have to got to a rehab facility and not be home for the holidays. Without my friends and close family I would have lost it already.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Oh gosh Todd, I'm so very sorry… I guess I missed the thread about your wife. I hope that she gets to come home soon!!! ((HUGS))

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  7. #19
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Oh gosh Todd, I'm so very sorry… I guess I missed the thread about your wife. I hope that she gets to come home soon!!! ((HUGS))
    It's all good Tracey. It was in a PM I sent you the other day but you have had a lot on your mind so i am not worried about it.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  8. #20
    I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Pati Robins's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Location
    Cardiff UK
    Posts
    2,898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    81
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    We had an awful year too,we lost few people suddenly due to a cancer , me and hubby went through a marriage problems when his PTSD got out of control -we all went through a hell (and i got scared and couldn't cope ) we still trying to pull everything back together ,
    His health is bad , dogs were in and out of vets for different reasons, its another year i cant see my family in Poland as hubby is too illl to go, my grandfathers are and and out of hospital , my mum sister have a cancer that she receives treatment .
    I honestly cant wait to greet new year too xx im hoping and praying it is going to be a good one for a change
    If it wasn't for you guys , the support and basically for someone to talk about "nothing" i would go mad.My family dont quite understand why im still here , and i dont think they would understand that my love to my husband is stronger than his ilness
    Last edited by Pati Robins; 12-22-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

    Shy & Lilly


  9. #21
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Sarasota, Fl
    Posts
    874
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)
    53

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    I am just amazed that I stumbled on this thread today! I just posted on FB how glad I am to have this year OVER! We had many family/ friends deaths, my own health issues which are resolved, but it took a lot to get there, I have a very troubled older son who truly lives minute to minute, and I am just waiting "for the call", and the icing on the cake is that Ed and I have decided to part ways. It was a truly wonderful love story, but as we healed from the loss of our beloved spouses over the past 5 years, we have each grown stronger and started heading in different directions. It was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made, but we are coming out of this with a deep seeded bond and friendship. We will continue to be in each others lives, but on a different level. We are in Ct and it has been a miserable time. The weather is awful, I am in very tight living quarters, and having to tell all of our friends and family of e breakup has just been icing on the cake! AND, we are in Newtown, so we were here for the anniversary of Sandy Hook tragedy which was such a grim reminder of the sick world we live in. All that said, after reading all of the things that went on with our EBD families, I don't have it so bad. It was a good reminder that we are never truly alone, we just have to look for the right door to open. So, I will get through the next few days and look forward to heading south right after Christmas. When I get back to Florida, I will be moving to a new home, and there is something a little exciting about that! I have never lived alone-ever. This will be my first stab at it! Ed will be there for me whenever I need it. And of course, I am so blessed to,have Bogey. He is my own personal therapy dog, and we will have a great life together. And if this is not Karma, I don't know what is- I spoke with the owner of one of the places I might buy- I told her I had an EBD. She chuckled- she has THREE of them, and her oldest will be 14 next month! Amazing!! So, goodbye 2013,WELCOME 2014, and may we all have the BEST year ever!! Thanks for being here all of you!!!
    Hugs!! Mary&Bogey
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  10. #22
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5585

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by mer55 View Post
    I am just amazed that I stumbled on this thread today! I just posted on FB how glad I am to have this year OVER! We had many family/ friends deaths, my own health issues which are resolved, but it took a lot to get there, I have a very troubled older son who truly lives minute to minute, and I am just waiting "for the call", and the icing on the cake is that Ed and I have decided to part ways. It was a truly wonderful love story, but as we healed from the loss of our beloved spouses over the past 5 years, we have each grown stronger and started heading in different directions. It was one of the hardest decisions we have ever made, but we are coming out of this with a deep seeded bond and friendship. We will continue to be in each others lives, but on a different level. We are in Ct and it has been a miserable time. The weather is awful, I am in very tight living quarters, and having to tell all of our friends and family of e breakup has just been icing on the cake! AND, we are in Newtown, so we were here for the anniversary of Sandy Hook tragedy which was such a grim reminder of the sick world we live in. All that said, after reading all of the things that went on with our EBD families, I don't have it so bad. It was a good reminder that we are never truly alone, we just have to look for the right door to open. So, I will get through the next few days and look forward to heading south right after Christmas. When I get back to Florida, I will be moving to a new home, and there is something a little exciting about that! I have never lived alone-ever. This will be my first stab at it! Ed will be there for me whenever I need it. And of course, I am so blessed to,have Bogey. He is my own personal therapy dog, and we will have a great life together. And if this is not Karma, I don't know what is- I spoke with the owner of one of the places I might buy- I told her I had an EBD. She chuckled- she has THREE of them, and her oldest will be 14 next month! Amazing!! So, goodbye 2013,WELCOME 2014, and may we all have the BEST year ever!! Thanks for being here all of you!!!
    Hugs!! Mary&Bogey
    Oh Mary, I just read your story… I'm so sorry for your struggles this year, but it sounds like you have made peace w/everything and that you are ready to move forward. I wish you all the best for the next year, and you know that we are here for you whenever you need us!!!

    You know it's funny… we think that we are the only ones going thru something horrible, and then we find out that's not the case. Everyone on here is dealing w/something… Thank God we can help pull each other thru it day by day…

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  11. #23
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,729
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5585

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Pati Robins View Post
    We had an awful year too,we lost few people suddenly due to a cancer , me and hubby went through a marriage problems when his PTSD got out of control -we all went through a hell (and i got scared and couldn't cope ) we still trying to pull everything back together ,
    His health is bad , dogs were in and out of vets for different reasons, its another year i cant see my family in Poland as hubby is too illl to go, my grandfathers are and and out of hospital , my mum sister have a cancer that she receives treatment .
    I honestly cant wait to greet new year too xx im hoping and praying it is going to be a good one for a change
    If it wasn't for you guys , the support and basically for someone to talk about "nothing" i would go mad.My family dont quite understand why im still here , and i dont think they would understand that my love to my husband is stronger than his ilness
    Pati, I'm so very sorry for your troubles. My husband also suffers from PTSD, so I know how scary that can be, and how hard that is on a marriage not to mention your family. Stay strong girl… you know that we are always here for you!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #24
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: I am Ready to Say Goodbye to 2013

    I thank God every day I have you guys to commiserate with to laugh with to cry with.

    sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •