Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:aaargh:My hubby is so pissed off right now, we were just about to go to bed about an hour ago, so he took the dogs out for their last pee. When he walked out the front door, he walked past our car which was parked in the front of our new house, and he saw broken glass all over the ground, someone had smashed out the back window on our SUVs hatch. The whole window was out. Who would do something like this, and why? I don't understand why people are so destructive and evil, it's just before Christmas, and now we have to fix our window. He's outside in the freezing snow taping cardboard, and plastic over the hole, and he has to get up at 6:00 am to go to work. This neighbourhood is supposed to be in a family complex, there are also a lot of seniors living here, and it's in a nice neighbourhood. We just moved here 2 weeks ago, so don't really know if this is a problem here. We went Christmas shopping earlier in the day, and had some toys in the back that we bought for my Grandson, Lego, a portable DVD player, and some video games, and when we got home, I said to my husband, just leave them in the car. Thank goodness he didn't listen to me, and brought them inside, or maybe they would be gone. Argh. It just pisses me off when people do random nasty stuff to people for no reason. :wtf:

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww hun that is truly awful there is always someone that can spoil the whole neighbourhood ,and what a "nice" way of greeting new neighbours :-(

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This is awful! So sorry to hear this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is just down right mean and uncalled for.... so sorry this happen to you. I do hope it was just a random act and not a consistant problem in the area

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I don't get people either. The only comfort I can take when I think people really stink is Karma is big Bit**!! I believe with my whole heart that bad people eventually get what they deserve.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Monica I'm so sorry to hear this… One time we were vacationing in New Orleans, and our car got broken into. They stole a bunch of stuff from our vehicle too, I was so pissed!!! Hopefully this does not indicate a trend in your neighborhood, and I agree w/Rosalie KARMA will get them in the end!!! :evil:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man that really sucks! The thieves may be targeting nicer neighborhood vehicles during Christmas thinking they have a better chance at stealing some nice gifts. What a bummer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I agree with Lisa....that is probably exactly why it happened. Looking for hidden gifts...because that is where most people leave them. I admit, I have gifts in my car right now. One night.....so kids drove thru the neighborhood chucking rocks thru the front windows of cars parked facing the wrong direction. It really sucks. This time of year it's people coming from outside of the neighborhood....into nicer ones looking for packages on the doorsteps and gifts in cars.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Such a shame. When something happens like that-when you are in a new place-it's even MORE scary because you think it may be common . Most times, it seems, when something like that happens-it is non-neighborhood punks, who go from place to place, looking for things they can sell! Nevertheless, it IS unnerving and it SUCKS! If you can;hook up a camera to your computer just in case it happens again. You will have it on video. It won't hurt to put some "beware of dog" signs outside. Sorry it happened to you all.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks guys, hubby called insurance, and of course we have a $500 deductible, our mechanic was calling around for a used door, he thought it would cost about $250 for a back hatch door from the wreckers, but when he called us back, he said its going to cost $750 for a used door. This really sucks.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Sorry this happened to you. Years ago, A bunch of kids went on a destruction spree on my parent's block. They threw a cinderblock though the back window of my mother's car, egged some neighbor's cars, and slashed the leather seats of another neighbr's boat that was in his driveway. Needless to say, it was an isolated random incident and I knowthe feeling you get when something senseless like that happens to you! Karma.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Can't you have the glass in the door replaced-or did they damage the door? They replace windshields-why not back glass"

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm sorry Monica, it doesn't matter where you live these days unless you're in a locked down neighborhood, the thieves always find a way! Happy he got the presents out.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.