I'm moving to Gracie's Kingdom! The mountain is gonna blow....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]
We were talking about the mountain and how the LAHAR sirens go off at scheduled times...and how sometimes they go off at unscheduled times.

So I go out front to see what my street is doing...to see if anyone knows of a scheduled LAHAR...and no one is around. Just as I'm walking into my house, I hear my neighbor bolt from the house, get into the car and drive off.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Re: I moving to Gracie's Kingdom! The mountain is gonna blow....

I'm lost!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

:whew: glad I am not the only one that thought that!!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

We were talking about how far the drive was to/from work and traffic....
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...e-highways-roads-freeways-where-you-live.html
I love my backyard Mt View...but it comes with a price. That price being...when it erupts. We have a LAHAR siren...similar to the Tsunami and hurricane sirens in other parts of the country. We were just talking about how I love it when it goes off without warning....like it did this morning. I thought I'd share.

When I say kingdom....I mean "the kingdom of Princess Gracie".

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy

Thanx for the video........ I HOPE that is the closest I get to a Lahar Siren. ;) You take that siren awfully casually but I suppose you are used to it. I'd be half way out of town by the time the second siren sounded... LOL

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names

PS: Im sure Princess Gracie would welcome more loyal subjects to do her bidding. ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

Wow that would be hard to get used to and very nerve wrecking I think. I will stick with earthquakes. haha

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)

We were talking about how far the drive was to/from work and traffic....
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...e-highways-roads-freeways-where-you-live.html
I love my backyard Mt View...but it comes with a price. That price being...when it erupts. We have a LAHAR siren...similar to the Tsunami and hurricane sirens in other parts of the country. We were just talking about how I love it when it goes off without warning....like it did this morning. I thought I'd share.

When I say kingdom....I mean "the kingdom of Princess Gracie".

Sis, It was scheduled for today.... I heard it on the news this morning....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL

Living in Ohio for 38 years, (I have lived in Fl. for 9 now) I lived in a very flat farm part, were a tornado would just come out of no where, we had monthly sirens for Tornado drills, every month, even though we knew it, you still never quite knew. The sirens are eerie. Your video reminded me of them. Our family lost so many things, cars/garages/boats/roofs... due to tornadoes, but we never lost a family member and that is what always counted. It always reminded me of the movies I have watched that had bombs coming at them.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie's kingdom is 11 degrees with a feels like of -3 degrees today...I'll still take that over living under a mountain that could blow its top any second.....Yep....I'll just wear layers. :)

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Oh what fun that is... I feel for you lol...

One summer I went to stay with my older sister, she lived in Samoa Ca which is by Euerka its a pensula there. LP lumber housing was where she lived and worked in the office of the lumber mill. Well my first night there, I was woke to this God awful horn.. I ran to her room and she died laughing she said it was the "fire" bell for when there was a fire in the Mill.. Ok well this Horn was on a water tower not 80 feet from my bedroom window.. I never really got used to that stupid thing...

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Anyone besides me old enough to remember the air raid siren to warn of atomic attacks?
In Sunnyvale, CA when I was in 1st grade we would regularly have air raid warnings. In school we would get under our desks and cover our heads......... Yup, I'm sure that would have helped if the Russians would have dropped a 20 megaton bomb on Los Gatos ... LOL

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
We have tsunami sirens around the island, but thankfully they schedule the tests on the 1st of each month so that your not caught wondering if the siren is for real or not... never thought about it before, but if we had a tsumani on the 1st, we'd be screwed.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] .... What kind of warning is needed in Windsor????? Maybe one to warn if Detroit attacks?? ROFL

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.