Does anyone on here sleep-walk???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have done this over the years, ESPECIALLY when I am stressed to the max!!! 2 years ago it got so bad Joe had to put an alarm on our bedroom door and our front door. Not only do I sleep walk, I sleep EAT :(. I did this last night. I woke up this morning to a half a bag of Doritoes missing and Doritoes all around Vegas crate, can you even imagine how mad he was at me??!!!! AND I would never feed him Dorites. I am so :eek: when I get up and seen what I have done. It's really, really weird!

I have been found in the bathroom, couch and other bedroom sleeping. I have NO idea how I got there!!

2 years ago I did it for about a month straight, I even cooked!! :w00t: Joe installed extra fire alarms!!! This is just so weird. I was wondering if any one else does this??? OR am I the only NUTCASE???!!!!!!

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I've heard of cases of "sleep-eating", and of course sleep walking. The "sleep-cooking" sounds potentially dangerous!

I've only sleep walked when I took the sleeping pill Ambien (zolpidem) several years ago. I didn't like that side effect at all!

Have you seen a doctor for this, Kelly? You can get a sleep study done where you stay overnight at a sleep center and you are monitored and your brain waves are checked.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
No experience but wanted to ask .... Who's crazy enough to do chores when sleep walking !!!??? Apparently you are!!! It's hilarious that you make us laugh even when you're not awake! :rofl:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I've heard of cases of "sleep-eating", and of course sleep walking. The "sleep-cooking" sounds potentially dangerous!

I've only sleep walked when I took the sleeping pill Ambien (zolpidem) several years ago. I didn't like that side effect at all!

Have you seen a doctor for this, Kelly? You can get a sleep study done where you stay overnight at a sleep center and you are monitored and your brain waves are checked.

I have talked to my Dr. about it, I am not on any meds or I wasent even drinking last night. I probably need a sleep study done, but knowing me I would never be able to go to sleep!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
No experience but wanted to ask .... Who's crazy enough to do chores when sleep walking !!!??? Apparently you are!!! It's hilarious that you make us laugh even when you're not awake! :rofl:

LOL it SUX~!!!! I made cheeseburgers and FF, totally asleep, Joe still swears to this day it was the best cheeseburger I ever made him (rare). Had to install extra fire alarms along with door alarms for me, god I am NUTS!!!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I, too am a sleep eater-and one of my sons does the same thing. I will get up during the night, and eat ice cream, cookies, anything that is sweet. If there were no sweets, I have even opened a box of jello, and eaten it(right out of the box.) I find the evidence in the morning! When my husband was here, I even cooked for him, woke HIM up to eat!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I used to sleepwalk when I was a teenager. Mostly I would just leave my bed and go to the couch or something and have absolutely no idea how I got there. These days I can't seem to sleep for more than a couple hours at a time, problem solved! :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Kelly I used to sleepwalk as a kid… one time I took my Minnie doll to the sink, and was giving her a "bath" and woke up my parents!!! LOL I haven't done it in years… I agree w/Henny you should get a sleep study done. I've NEVER heard of anyone sleep cooking before, HOLY COW I have a gas stove I'm sure I'd burn the house down!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I don't do it but I took cough medicine with codeine once and apparently woke in the middle of the night, crying my eyes out, talking gibberish, and scaring the crap out of my husband. I didn't remember a thing!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
One of my twin daughters does this when she is über tired and/or stressed out! We had to do the same thing extra alarms on doors and stuff she also sleep eats we find the evidence in the morning she has been known to peel oranges we find a trail of orange peels. We make sure and leave food down she can get easily and just clean it up in the morning.

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] stress related, maybe?

I watch all those murder shows on ID Discovery, there was an episode where a guy killed, i think his in-laws, and was found not-guilty because his defense was sleep walking and they raised enough reasonable doubt to the jury :eek:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My brother does this. But he doesn't do chores. He would just walk around. The interesting thing is... he can't seem to go down stairs properly when he's sleep walking. So he stairs have to be blocked so he doesn't break his neck.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] stress related, maybe?

I watch all those murder shows on ID Discovery, there was an episode where a guy killed, i think his in-laws, and was found not-guilty because his defense was sleep walking and they raised enough reasonable doubt to the jury :eek:

HHhhhmmmmm, don't give any more ideas about my in-laws that I don't already have :ROFL2:

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I used to sleepwalk. Actually both my brother and I were notorious sleepwalkers as children. Parents were told there was no real treatment, that its genetic in some families. It was not until after I got married that I sought real treatment. My husband was told to keep a diary of the time of night I would get up to "walk". If your husband can do this for you, he may surprisingly find you get up to walk around the same hour per episode. If this is the case, have him wake you between 10 to 20 minutes before your walking episode hour and do this to you for at least two to three weeks. After a few weeks of this, my sleepwalking ceased. My brother had his wife do the same for him. He was like you, he would also sleep eat and one time he got out of the house and went for a drive, crashing his truck! After being forced to awaken before his normal hour of walking, he rarely has an episode now and when he does, it only seems to happen if he is sick with a fever which is not bad considering how it used to be. So have someone wake you up before your body's scheduled waking hour for a few weeks and see if this helps you. Its one of the ways to treat walkers like us that works for many. Not all, but perhaps it may work for you, and its a drug free treatment :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.