Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hey everyone, I'm happy to say I'm finally moved, but not without a lot of sh- -. We had the move from HE double hockey sticks. We started with picking up the truck, and them telling us it had been cancelled, even after reserving 2 weeks prior and re confirming with them the day before. We didn't get our truck until the afternoon. When we got to our new house, hubby parked down the complex a little ways to allow our helpers to park their cars. When he tried to restart the truck, to back up to the front door to unload, the truck wouldn't start. We had to unload and heave the furniture through our complex. Finally somebody from u Haul came and gave us a boost, and said the truck was leaking oil, so topped it up. We unloaded and finished at 11:30pm, and we went to return the truck, we got on the highway, and 10 minutes before we got back, the truck started billowing black smoke, we couldn't see the truck at all. We were pulled over by the police, and told we weren't allowed to continue driving. We again called the u haul and explained, the First Lady was such a Bitch, she basically told us there was nothing we can do and deal with it, she told us she was disconnecting, and hung up on us. We called again and got a different lady, she was really nice, and apologized, she told us that was unacceptable, and we wouldn't get charged for the move. The only problem was is that head office is in Texas, and they would send a mobile mechanic unit to fix the truck or tow it, but it would take 2 to 4 hours. We were stuck in an industrial area with factories, and cold and dark. Thank goodness my daughter and son in law had followed us, and they had their car. We sat in there with the heat on, and my poor little 6 year old grandson asleep in the back. They didn't get to us until 3:30 in the morning, and we didn't get home until almost 6:00 am. We didn't fully finish our move, as we had one more load, so the next day working on about 3 hours sleep, u haul gave us another truck for free, and we didn't have to lay for the first one, but we had to finish our move. Through all this, my son who has bi polar, and was very stressed, wasn't handling things very well, and I thought he was going to have a break down. My hubby is so tired, and we just need to relax now, and sleep for a week. Lol. The phone company came yesterday to hook up phone and Internet, but wasn't able to as something was wrong with the wires, so is coming back on Monday to hook up phone and Internet, I'm at Tim Hortons right now using their free wifi, but don't know when I'll have access again, so it might be a while before I can get back on EBN, just wanted to let you guys know how we did. Thank you everyone for all my Bully gifts, and well wishes. It was such a nice surprise when I opened my mail, and found 7 gifts. I'll try and check in again when I can, but won't have my own Internet until Monday.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG!! What a nightmare, I'm so sorry Monica. I hope it goes smooth from here on out. Hang in there and keep warm!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Sorry to hear about your troubles! Glad the hard part is over!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Sorry to hear about your nightmare but soon it will be over and you will not have to move again!!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
That is just awful!! Things will sort themselves out and you will be smooth sailing!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Geez Monica, what a nightmare move! I'm sorry for all that happened but am glad you guys are all situated in your new home now. Hope you and your family can get some much needed rest now!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Sorry to hear you guys went through such a grueling time; moving is such a pain in the posterior plumbing. Good luck and enjoy your new home.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Wow, that was a move full of poop!!! Glad your pretty much back and done!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Damn, that is a horrible day.... thank goodness you are all safe, tired, but safe and warm at home now.

good luck with the rest and we'll see ya soon

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
What a crazy move! Hope the new home brings you many blessings. My parents lived in Calgary for a few years, Tim Hortons was awesome! Whenever mom came home I made her bring me some timbits! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Monica sorry you had such a hard time, but now you can settle back and take your time and know you don't have to move again as it yours now.

By The way Congratulations on your own home

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG Monica, that is horrible!!! I have moved SO many times, and it's always a PITA!!! Hopefully things will settle down soon, and you can enjoy Christmas in your new home :D

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Oh my God you had a one hell of a move xxx
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for everything that has to be done to be done smoothly

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Gah! Moving is such a pain! Any pics of the new place?

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks for all the sympathy and well wishes guys. I'm back at Tim Hortons this morning using their wifi, will be until we get our phone and Internet on Monday. It's definitely been an ordeal and more stress than I've ever had in my life, but it's over now, and now we have to unpack, and settle in and make it Home. The pets are all confused and don't know what's going on, I hadn't seen my cat in two days, she was so scared of the car ride, she shredded herself out of the cat carrier box, and jumped on the back of my husbands head while he was driving on the highway, she almost killed us, lol. Hubby swerved the car. Bulldozer and Blossom are okay, just being pretty sucky, they don't know where they are, but they will get used to the new house soon enough, and will settle in.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.