The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Well, I took delivery of the custom bass guitar I ordered back in July! I am beyond ecstatic!! It is even better than I imagined! :2thumbs:

My friend Phil who is the bass player for Taproot has a few basses made by Matt at Better Mousetrap Guitars and he got us in contact with each other.

Here is some pics the builder had taken professionally: http://bettermousetrapguitars.com/19-aurora-single-cut-5-string/

Here is the progress of him building it: http://bettermousetrapguitars.com/aurora-single-cut-5-string-bubinga-walnut/

Better%20Mousetrap_Number%2019_08.jpg

Better%20Mousetrap_Number%2019_10.jpg

Better%20Mousetrap_Number%2019_12.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Absolutely beautiful Jeff… LOVE it!!! ;) Now we need to see a video of you playing it… LOL

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Absolutely beautiful Jeff… LOVE it!!! ;) Now we need to see a video of you playing it… LOL

OMG totally random… I just saw your new title!!! Oh BOY am I in trouble now… the voting Gods better be nice to me!!! LMAO :ohmy:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... That is real nice... Congrats and enjoy

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
This is so cool! So beautiful

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Thanks everyone. I wish you guys/gals could see it in person. It looks even better in person.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
OOOOOHHH!!! Another musician! Awesome!

And whoa. That guitar is sweet.

My 12 year old plays piano, my 10 year old plays drums. I'm a karaoke queen. LOL. We're not very good - well, except my 12 year old is really good with the piano but he's playing classical right now. He'll pick out a modern tune that he likes (Thrift Shop! LOL!) but he doesn't like to play while I sing. Hah hah.

I dabble with the rhythm guitar (only so I have accompaniment while I sing) but I am tone deaf so...

But I love the bass. My favorite bass guitar songs are Rio by Duran-Duran (don't laugh! I'm an 80's chick!), In the Meantime by Spacehog, Under Pressure and Another One Bites the Dust by Queen, Give It Away Now by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, and of course, YYZ by Rush. But for some insane reason, I really love Billy Sheehan and is probably my favorite bassist - which is interesting because his work with Mr. Big is cool but not as memorable (probably because Paul Gilbert takes the cake on most of them and the lead singer sucks, lol) - but he did a cover for Rush tribute album and, whoa. He rocks! I saw Mr. Big in concert at the Blossom Ampitheater in Cuyahoga Falls and him and Paul Gilbert did this guitars duel and man-o-man-o-man... it was the best guitar performance ever! And I've been to a Van Halen concert!

So yeah, it would be cool to see/hear you play on your new guitar when you get it!

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
OOOOOHHH!!! Another musician! Awesome!

And whoa. That guitar is sweet.

My 12 year old plays piano, my 10 year old plays drums. I'm a karaoke queen. LOL. We're not very good - well, except my 12 year old is really good with the piano but he's playing classical right now. He'll pick out a modern tune that he likes (Thrift Shop! LOL!) but he doesn't like to play while I sing. Hah hah.

I dabble with the rhythm guitar (only so I have accompaniment while I sing) but I am tone deaf so...

But I love the bass. My favorite bass guitar songs are Rio by Duran-Duran (don't laugh! I'm an 80's chick!), In the Meantime by Spacehog, Under Pressure and Another One Bites the Dust by Queen, Give It Away Now by Red Hot Chili Peppers, Billie Jean by Michael Jackson, and of course, YYZ by Rush. But for some insane reason, I really love Billy Sheehan and is probably my favorite bassist - which is interesting because his work with Mr. Big is cool but not as memorable (probably because Paul Gilbert takes the cake on most of them and the lead singer sucks, lol) - but he did a cover for Rush tribute album and, whoa. He rocks! I saw Mr. Big in concert at the Blossom Ampitheater in Cuyahoga Falls and him and Paul Gilbert did this guitars duel and man-o-man-o-man... it was the best guitar performance ever! And I've been to a Van Halen concert!

So yeah, it would be cool to see/hear you play on your new guitar when you get it!

It is always nice to find other musicians! It is funny you mention Sacehog. They are on tour again believe it or not. My friend that plays bass in Alien Ant farm was telling me about it. I saw them in the late 90's with Everclear in Cleveland. They are a great band. If you like to play fun bass lines I have been playing the Locked Out Of Heaven song by Bruno Marz. I am mostly into rock and metal but I do listen to pop music here and there. Heck, I listen to everything now days.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nice to see someone else who likes a 5 string bass. Good looking piece for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Nice to see someone else who likes a 5 string bass. Good looking piece for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Todd. Do you play the bass too?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.