Thread: Medication of Choice

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)

Default Medication of Choice

Don't mean to bring things down, but does anyone else dread the holidays ??? What is your "medication" of choice to get you through ? Mine is going to be Salted Caramel Vodka and various mixers this year.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Medication of Choice

do not dread them, but I dread certain aspects.... so I tend to sleep a lot more than I already do
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well, since many life changes, several years ago, I no longer celebrate holidays. In fact, they do become depressing. The choice of "medication" sounds interesting. I never heard of Salted Caramel Vodka. Hmmmmmmm.....I'll drink to that! I guess my doggies are my main medication!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I'll agree, holidays can be and are, depressing & anxiety provoking
    for many.

Will join you in a cocktail, that sounds yummy! I like Cranberry Vodkas
    with a splash of ginger ale, they're pretty too

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Well I don't dread the holidays, but do agree they can be overwhelming, and depressing for a lot of people. The holidays, especially Christmas, have become very commercial and greedy in this time, not like when I was a kid. We got one or two gifts, and a delicious holiday dinner with special treats, and our stocking was usually filled with oranges, a chocolate, and some lip balm and Johnson's Baby cream, and a candy cane. We were with family, and the holidays were much simpler. Now our family has become so big, I am one of 5 children, and we are all married and have children, so we are now 10 with our spouses, and we have 8 children and two great grandchildren. We have 6 kids under the age of 6 and they at e all cousins. Since we are so big now, we no longer buy gifts for everyone. We concentrate on the kids, if you are under the age of 18 you get a gift, and once you are an adult, we do a Kris Kringle. When we are together at Thanksgiving, we put all the adults names in a hat or bag and we pick names, we have a $100 limit, and everyone buys one gift for their Kris Kringle. We concentrate on the dinner and being together, and we have even made the dinner less stressful. My mom used to to make the whole dinner, but now we do a pot luck, everyone does a dish, and my mom still cooks the turkey, and we all do the cleanup. That way it's not on all one person to do everything.
    Christmas is still my favourite holiday, and as the family grows , things do change, but we still have family, and we make new traditions for the next generation. My children are 31 and 33, so obviously grown, but we have a 6 year old Grandson, and it's the kids that make Christmas magical again.
    Last edited by Vikinggirl; 11-28-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Thanksgiving: Anxiety not too high as I'm far away from my Mom and the rest of the family.
    Christmas: Pour me a drink an hour! Back in Atlanta for a week with my Mom....Hate to say it but it reminds me why I moved so far away. Anxiety through the roof.
    Eddie: Patsy hasn't eaten since 1974.
    Patsy: A crisp, darling. A crisp.
    -Absolutely Fabulous-

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I love the holidays and I am especially looking forward to them this year since it's my baby's first Christmas. HOWEVER, I am happy that I could partake in an adult beverage through all the holidays both this year and last...I guess it was good timing that way!

My favorite is a gin and tonic. I also love champagne and all kinds of champagne cocktails! Cheers!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Ahhh, the dreaded Holidays! Yep, stress through the roof. Last year, I stayed in Florida alone, because Bogey was only 10 weeks old and too young to travel to Ct. It was the BEST Christmas I can remember in a long time! I did not do any shopping, I did not have to plan a meal, I did not have 15 social engagements to cram into 7 days, I did not have any drama. It was me and my little puppy, and I was soooo happy! However, I reluctantly agreed to go to Ct this year if we drove and brought Bogey. So, there will be a continuous bottle of wine open from the time I get there, til I leave. That is my medicine of choice!! Bah Humbug!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

I love the holidays but I wil drink with you anyway!! My med of choice is Stella beer

I'm a good girl, I promise

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love Christmas and Mr. Jack Daniels makes it always spectacular ;-))
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

I don't dread the Holiday's but being a military wife, they are sometimes depressing not being "home" with the extended family! For thanksgiving it was just my husband son and myself, we invited a single marine from the barracks but he must have had other plans as he told my husband he would let him know and we never heard back. I usually sleep!! My dad usually tries to make it here for Christmas which helps...the rest are usually spent just us three! My 5yr old did convince me that since the gate guards, had to work we should take them breakfast, so that's what we did donuts and coffee from dunkin donuts! They looked Happy! My son has a huge heart and i'm very thankful that he already knows to be giving towards others. We are gonna "Adopt" a child or two for Christmas, and when he is old enough to help I think we will spend a few holidays at a soup kitchen helping out!

Real Name
    Dana F
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
    Likes (Received)

I like a shot of Southern Comfort mixed with a shot of peppermint schnapps on the rocks. Trust me...one of these and you will forget your troubles..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads