Medication of Choice

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Don't mean to bring things down, but does anyone else dread the holidays ??? What is your "medication" of choice to get you through ? Mine is going to be Salted Caramel Vodka and various mixers this year. :beer:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
do not dread them, but I dread certain aspects.... so I tend to sleep a lot more than I already do :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, since many life changes, several years ago, I no longer celebrate holidays. In fact, they do become depressing. The choice of "medication" sounds interesting. I never heard of Salted Caramel Vodka. Hmmmmmmm.....I'll drink to that! I guess my doggies are my main medication!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'll agree, holidays can be and are, depressing & anxiety provoking
for many.

Will join you in a cocktail, that sounds yummy! I like Cranberry Vodkas
with a splash of ginger ale, they're pretty too :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well I don't dread the holidays, but do agree they can be overwhelming, and depressing for a lot of people. The holidays, especially Christmas, have become very commercial and greedy in this time, not like when I was a kid. We got one or two gifts, and a delicious holiday dinner with special treats, and our stocking was usually filled with oranges, a chocolate, and some lip balm and Johnson's Baby cream, and a candy cane. We were with family, and the holidays were much simpler. Now our family has become so big, I am one of 5 children, and we are all married and have children, so we are now 10 with our spouses, and we have 8 children and two great grandchildren. We have 6 kids under the age of 6 and they at e all cousins. Since we are so big now, we no longer buy gifts for everyone. We concentrate on the kids, if you are under the age of 18 you get a gift, and once you are an adult, we do a Kris Kringle. When we are together at Thanksgiving, we put all the adults names in a hat or bag and we pick names, we have a $100 limit, and everyone buys one gift for their Kris Kringle. We concentrate on the dinner and being together, and we have even made the dinner less stressful. My mom used to to make the whole dinner, but now we do a pot luck, everyone does a dish, and my mom still cooks the turkey, and we all do the cleanup. That way it's not on all one person to do everything.
Christmas is still my favourite holiday, and as the family grows , things do change, but we still have family, and we make new traditions for the next generation. My children are 31 and 33, so obviously grown, but we have a 6 year old Grandson, and it's the kids that make Christmas magical again.

Last edited:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Thanksgiving: Anxiety not too high as I'm far away from my Mom and the rest of the family.
Christmas: Pour me a drink an hour! Back in Atlanta for a week with my Mom....Hate to say it but it reminds me why I moved so far away. Anxiety through the roof.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I love the holidays and I am especially looking forward to them this year since it's my baby's first Christmas. HOWEVER, I am happy that I could partake in an adult beverage through all the holidays both this year and last...I guess it was good timing that way!

My favorite is a gin and tonic. I also love champagne and all kinds of champagne cocktails! Cheers! :cheers2:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Ahhh, the dreaded Holidays! Yep, stress through the roof. Last year, I stayed in Florida alone, because Bogey was only 10 weeks old and too young to travel to Ct. It was the BEST Christmas I can remember in a long time! I did not do any shopping, I did not have to plan a meal, I did not have 15 social engagements to cram into 7 days, I did not have any drama. It was me and my little puppy, and I was soooo happy! However, I reluctantly agreed to go to Ct this year if we drove and brought Bogey. So, there will be a continuous bottle of wine open from the time I get there, til I leave. That is my medicine of choice!! Bah Humbug!!:stinkeye:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I love the holidays but I wil drink with you anyway!! My med of choice is Stella beer

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I love Christmas and Mr. Jack Daniels makes it always spectacular ;-))

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I don't dread the Holiday's but being a military wife, they are sometimes depressing not being "home" with the extended family! For thanksgiving it was just my husband son and myself, we invited a single marine from the barracks but he must have had other plans as he told my husband he would let him know and we never heard back. I usually sleep!! My dad usually tries to make it here for Christmas which helps...the rest are usually spent just us three! My 5yr old did convince me that since the gate guards, had to work we should take them breakfast, so that's what we did donuts and coffee from dunkin donuts! They looked Happy! My son has a huge heart and i'm very thankful that he already knows to be giving towards others. We are gonna "Adopt" a child or two for Christmas, and when he is old enough to help I think we will spend a few holidays at a soup kitchen helping out!

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I like a shot of Southern Comfort mixed with a shot of peppermint schnapps on the rocks. Trust me...one of these and you will forget your troubles..lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Any good single malt scotch, bourbon or whiskey for me. Got a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue label sitting here waiting for new years. Have several bottles of Remi and Hennessey VSOP as well.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online