Tornado in Illinois..

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
As some of you might have heard we had tornado's hit here in Illinois. I collected a lot of items today for the pets that have been found and who are waiting for their families to find them. Here in Decatur, Illinois our humane society is trying to collect 2 semi trucks full of items for the fur babies. People here are doing a fantastic job in donating items. Angie from the human society told me about a guy in Washington that has a restaurant and he only had wind damage. He closed his business and opened it up to help shelter and care for the animals. I can't image how those people are feeling now. Most have them have lost their homes plus their pets. I was reading on Peoria/Washington Illinois lost and found page on facebook about all the pets that are missing. One lady is even looking for her little painted turtle.:cry::cry: The story that really broke my heart and makes me mad is about a lady's son's kitten that is trapped in a building. And the police won't let her or any one rescue it. People are outraged over it...which I don't blame them.The police would have to stop me. They even called CBS news. One person said that she heard that the shelters are killing the pets that were already there to make room for the rescued ones. I can't believe that. NO animal should ever have to suffer. Thank GOD that a lot of them have found their loved ones. So tonight when you all go to bed give your fur babies and BIG kiss and HUG and tell them how much they are loved.Lets all say a prayer for all the families and their fur babies. Thanks and good night!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So incredibly sad.... hope they all find their way back to their homes.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh that is so sad… I hate to hear about animals wandering around lost, or stuck in ruins :(

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh that is so sad-and scary! We have had many tornado threats-the closest one has been a mile from here. It took a farmers whole cow barn and a silo that had been there for a hundred years. The most thing I worry about when there is severe weather are my animals-it is so sad to lose everything-even them....It is wonderful of you to help.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.