brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok my friends., I need some straight up advice. There is a 3yr old English bulldog at the LIBR needs a home. I really want this baby. He is cute and they say he is healthy and will get along with my menagerie. Should I do this? Do you think Brutus is too young. I do not want him to think he is less loved. It would kill me if my baby thought I loved him less because I got another dog. I am going to call LIBR and see about his availability, but I need honest advice on this. Thank you in advance for your help. [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] do you know of this doggie??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Other than having 4 dogs instead of 3... what is the down side?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Would you be able to have Brutus and your menagerie meet the potential new member in neutral territory to make certain everyone got along well? I would imagine you'd get a home visit/check and all that stuff prior, right? Do you have enough space, time, resources to have this new addition? Would be awesome if you adopted another but those are questions to think about which i'm sure you already have!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I don't think adding another bully would take away from your Brutus...it would add a pack member for him, a playmate, it's wonderful when two dogs form a bond and it's even more wonderful when you open your home to a rescue dog. I say go for it :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with everyone above. I'm also a firm believer in fate- if it's meant to be than so it shall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Ok my friends., I need some straight up advice. There is a 3yr old English bulldog at the LIBR needs a home. I really want this baby. He is cute and they say he is healthy and will get along with my menagerie. Should I do this? Do you think Brutus is too young. I do not want him to think he is less loved. It would kill me if my baby thought I loved him less because I got another dog. I am going to call LIBR and see about his availability, but I need honest advice on this. Thank you in advance for your help. @Chumley do you know of this doggie??

I saw a new one on their Facebook page today..is it Rocky? They have quite a few available. I say go for it! You should contact them quick because they have a huge following and he'll probably go fast. Chum is a rescue from LIBR too!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Would you be able to have Brutus and your menagerie meet the potential new member in neutral territory to make certain everyone got along well? I would imagine you'd get a home visit/check and all that stuff prior, right? Do you have enough space, time, resources to have this new addition? Would be awesome if you adopted another but those are questions to think about which i'm sure you already have!
I could bring Brutus to neutral territory but my older babies do not like to leave the house. I think that would traumatize them more than the new dog would.
My yard isn't huge but it is adequate I think. As far as resources, I'm not rich but I could cut down on eating out and cook at home and that would cover additional doggie food and such. I think I will fill out the app. and see what happens. The other question I have is is it ok to have two males together?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I saw a new one on their Facebook page today..is it Rocky? They have quite a few available. I say go for it! You should contact them quick because they have a huge following and he'll probably go fast. Chum is a rescue from LIBR too!
I saw Rocky, but I dont think he was good with other dogs or cats. The one I was looking at is Rex. He is three yrs old and is good with cats and dogs. I think I am going to fill out the app and see what happens. I would love to give this boy a good home. He will certainly be loved!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I just saw him on their website..he is a great looking bully. I hope you get him!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I say Go For IT!!! If you feel you can handle the financial part of it, I can't see the difference adding one more doggie… LOL Good Luck ;)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yay I completed the application and fingers crossed he will be ours.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok I just talked to the rescue and Rex will be ours right after Thanksgiving. Of course that is pending their investigation of our home, but I can't imagine that it will be a problem. He is a beautiful 2yr old baby that will now experience love like he has never had!!! I am so happy I could cry.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If you cry, I'm crying, then everyone will start crying, then EBN
will be a big, soggy ocean.

But, hey...who cares? I'm sure the guys have a shop vac or two
to dry things up.

Rosalie has a new baby, Rosalie has a new baby, Rosalie has a new baby...

THIS calls for a celebration, ya know...drinks are on
@Marine91 ​WhooHoo!!!!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok now I just need advice to welcome him home. I want everyone to get along.

- - - Updated - - -

If you cry, I'm crying, then everyone will start crying, then EBN
will be a big, soggy ocean.

But, hey...who cares? I'm sure the guys have a shop vac or two
to dry things up.

Rosalie has a new baby, Rosalie has a new baby, Rosalie has a new baby...

THIS calls for a celebration, ya know...drinks are on
@Marine91 ​WhooHoo!!!!
Maybe He will wear his new panties while we celebrate.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online