ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness… Already?!! WOW that was fast, I need to read up on this baby. Congrats Rosalie!!! :dance:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh my goodness… Already?!! WOW that was fast, I need to read up on this baby. Congrats Rosalie!!! :dance:
Thanks. We are really excited. I'm wondering though...I guess we have to keep his name as Rex? I think he looks like a Walter. Maybe that could be a nickname. I don't want him to get confused. Hmm..

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks. We are really excited. I'm wondering though...I guess we have to keep his name as Rex? I think he looks like a Walter. Maybe that could be a nickname. I don't want him to get confused. Hmm..

Where is his post? I was just looking for his story...

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If you go to www.longislandbulldogrescue.org there will be a side bar that says avail bulldogs. Scroll down to NY and his name is Rex. He gives a good stink eye in one of his pics.

OMG I just saw it… he's so cute!!! Oh yeah that is a stink-eye pic… I'm so excited for you guys, Buster will have a new best friend!!! WOO HOO!!! :w00t:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG I just saw it… he's so cute!!! Oh yeah that is a stink-eye pic… I'm so excited for you guys, Buster will have a new best friend!!! WOO HOO!!! :w00t:
I know I love him already. I should try not to get too excited though just incase something happens. I don't think it will though because I was told the family really does not like or want him. Can you even imagine???

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy for you! You just have to do what you do with skin-kids-make sure everyone STILL gets the same attention they always got-before the new dog! AND, if you want to change his name-once he gets adjusted-Call him Rex-Walter, until he gets used to hearing Walter! With all the nick names everyone gives their dogs-it shouldn't be a problem-especially if it's DINNER time!! Good luck with your new kid!!

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know I love him already. I should try not to get too excited though just incase something happens. I don't think it will though because I was told the family really does not like or want him. Can you even imagine???

:( No I can't Rosalie, and these stories just break my heart...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thats fantastic news ;-) keeping my fingers crossed for you guys xxxx

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Such happy, wonderful news [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] !! I'm very happy for Rex and for you!! I wonder if you can get a blankie or something of Rex's to bring home to your gang, so they can start getting "acquainted" with him by his scent? and also vice versa. That may help with the transition in bringing Rex home.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
So excited for you!!! Just looked at Rex's pic....what a handsome little guy he is :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Such happy, wonderful news @brutus77 !! I'm very happy for Rex and for you!! I wonder if you can get a blankie or something of Rex's to bring home to your gang, so they can start getting "acquainted" with him by his scent? and also vice versa. That may help with the transition in bringing Rex home.

That is a great idea I will ask

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So happy for you! You just have to do what you do with skin-kids-make sure everyone STILL gets the same attention they always got-before the new dog! AND, if you want to change his name-once he gets adjusted-Call him Rex-Walter, until he gets used to hearing Walter! With all the nick names everyone gives their dogs-it shouldn't be a problem-especially if it's DINNER time!! Good luck with your new kid!!

That is a great idea thanks. I have made sure everyone in the house is on the same page of the fact that Brutus is still king and Rex-Walter will have to be the spare to the heir!! haha. My baby will always be my baby. I was worried at first about Brutus feeling left out, but I rationalize it as I have three children and each knows I love them immeasureably. ALL my animal babies do now and will feel the same way.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Congrats on our new fur baby. Can't wait to hear how he is adjusting and to see new pics.

- - - Updated - - -

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Congrats!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online