A Tribute to Our Nation's Heroes!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
In honor of Veterans Day, I thought I would share this video. My son, Todd, is a Veteran of the USN/USMC where he served in Afghanistan as a Corpsman for the 1/8 Marines. He earned the Silver Star during his last deployment. He came home safely, but he deals with PTSD on a daily basis. His therapy has been helping other Vets with both physical and mental scars, through a wonderful organization called Help Our Military Heroes/ Team Red White and Blue. They run marathons and triathalons with wounded warriors. This has been his heaing process! For his college class, he had to pick a song and put a story to it. Todd used his own photos of his troops in Afghanistan, his best friend whose life he saved when he lost both his legs in an IED explosion, and many of the heroes he was honored to meet since. I hope this posts ok_ I have so much trouble posting videos! Just had to share! I am one proud momma!

http://youtu.be/oUB7rqwqf60

Though I would also post a picture of my hero with his best buddy Brandon, who you will see in the video in a wheelchair. Brandon lost both his legs in an IED explosion, and Todd was the medic who treated him during a firefight. Brandon pinned Todd's Silver Star on him a year later. Brandon does competative weight lifting, and now is into Motorcross racing. He is amazing. I just love my heroes SDC12030.jpgSANY0030.jpg

The top photo is Todd and Brandon when the 1/8's returned from Afghanistan. It was the first time Todd had seen or talked with Brandon since he had him airlifted the day of the explosion. Brandon just couldn't miss this homecoming!
The second picture is me and Todd at his Silver Star Ceremony at Camp Lejuene. The proudest moment of my life. I so wish his dad could have been there to see this. Then again, I think Todd had his own personal Angel with him for 7 months!
Thanks for letting me gloat. I needed this lift today!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness Mary… just LOVED the video!!! Tears in my eyes, you must be so very proud of your amazing son!!! My husband served 22 years in Army Special Forces, and he also suffers from PTSD… he was working w/young soldiers over in Afghanistan just a couple of weeks ago as a contractor. He told me the young men over there right now would make us ALL very proud… Thanks so much for sharing this!!! :w00t:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That was insanely sweet. My husband is a Navy veteran and I know he has suffered from PTSD. This country does not do enough for our soldiers and they should be celebrated daily.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This country does not do enough for our soldiers and they should be celebrated daily.

So true!

Thanks for sharing all that, Mary..... you should gloat and be extremely proud of Todd!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgHi Mary, what an amazing video, these men are so courageous and amazing people. They sacrifice and fight for our freedoms and rights everyday, pay with their blood, sweat tears, and and with their lives and suffering. We can never Thank these men, and women enough for their sacrifices, but we can honour and eespect them and be so very proud of them. You must be so very proud of your son. God Bless him and Thank You for sharing your amazing son.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Please tell your son "Thank You" for his service to America and to us.
He is very talented, the song & the video was awesome!

Mary, you should be proud of him and I just love that pic of the two of
you...you are so beautiful <3

Thank you for sharing this with us, it just made my day~GOD bless!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Mary that was a touching video and i can tell by your post how proud you are. Please thank your son for his service from me as being a Corpsman attached to a 1/8 definitely was not an easy job for him as they fought is some of the most horrendous actions of the war..

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Mary that was a touching video and i can tell by your post how proud you are. Please thank your son for his service from me as being a Corpsman attached to a 1/8 definitely was not an easy job for him as they fought is some of the most horrendous actions of the war..
THANKYOU and I will tell him. But the funny thing is, the brotherhood of these men is a bond I cannot even begin to understand. As much of a hell- hole they were in, there is Not one of them that would trade any of their days together. It's what gets them through. Brothers in blood. Heroes. Every single one of them.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Mary that was just moving to me, thank you for sharing!! You must be such a proud mama!! And a big Thank You!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.